Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 08:37 AM by enigma.)

(03-17-2020, 08:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ravens fifth round pick sent to us will now be #153 instead of #170 due to Hurst trade compensation.

Our draft capital is getting better and better.

[Image: 200.webp?cid=ecf05e47f217a3a6b2646ec5c7d...d=200.webp]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-17-2020, 08:35 AM)enigma Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 08:28 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Ravens fifth round pick sent to us will now be #153 instead of #170 due to Hurst trade compensation.

Our draft capital is getting better and better.

Unfortunately, Caldwell dumping talent like this makes me strongly believe that he's already been told by Khan that he's safe going into 2021. Teams with a win-now mandate that they're going to be held to don't gut their roster.

That is pretty sweet.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

So, given the equivalent analogy, we essentially traded Calais Campbell for Josh Dobbs

(03-17-2020, 09:20 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, given the equivalent analogy, we essentially traded Calais Campbell for Josh Dobbs

We traded Calais Campbell while unloading 15 million in cap space for a pick that, in this draft, could yield a quality receiver or change of pace receiving back.

(03-17-2020, 09:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 09:20 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So, given the equivalent analogy, we essentially traded Calais Campbell for Josh Dobbs

We traded Calais Campbell while unloading 15 million in cap space for a pick that, in this draft, could yield a quality receiver or change of pace receiving back.

I really do like how Caldwell's team structures these deals. Even the Foles and Bortles deals have been relatively easy to get out of after two seasons.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-17-2020, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 09:37 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: We traded Calais Campbell while unloading 15 million in cap space for a pick that, in this draft, could yield a quality receiver or change of pace receiving back.

I really do like how Caldwell's team structures these deals. Even the Foles and Bortles deals have been relatively easy to get out of after two seasons.

I thought someone else was the 'capologist'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-17-2020, 10:43 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 10:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I really do like how Caldwell's team structures these deals. Even the Foles and Bortles deals have been relatively easy to get out of after two seasons.

I thought someone else was the 'capologist'?

I'm not a capologist, but I see the value in signing older players to deals that the team can shed after a few years without much penalty.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-17-2020, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 10:43 AM)Rico Wrote: I thought someone else was the 'capologist'?

I'm not a capologist, but I see the value in signing older players to deals that the team can shed after a few years without much penalty.

I was more referring to someone besides Caldwell structuring the deals.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-17-2020, 11:01 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not a capologist, but I see the value in signing older players to deals that the team can shed after a few years without much penalty.

O I C.

(03-17-2020, 11:01 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I'm not a capologist, but I see the value in signing older players to deals that the team can shed after a few years without much penalty.

If I recall correctly, Idzik is our cap guy but Caldwell was structuring deals in this manner long before he came aboard.

He’s better than any 5th round pick in the draft. What a stupid move.

Full rebuild mode around Minshew.

Selfish of me. All I could think of was that he was worth more than a 5th RD pick. Which he is. It's a shame they couldn't get more. But it's a bigger shame that the last piece of that defense from 2017 is essentially gone now. And he was honestly the greatest piece about it.

Great guy man. Great community guy. Great to the fans. Great to the team. Baltimore got a great player on a great deal and he'll more than likely help make Baltimore's team great in 2020.

I know he wasn't drafted by Jacksonville. But he'll always be a Jaguar in my book. One of the best damn players to come through here in one of the worst damn stretches we've ever seen for this franchise.

We'll miss you #93. And I'll be sure my next jersey purchase is his in all black. Appreciate the commitment and tenacity he brought to this team. Just wish it would have resonated with some of the young bucks more. They don't make them like they used to!

He'll always be Calais "The Classic" Campbell for me. Best of luck in Baltimore!
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(03-18-2020, 04:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Selfish of me. All I could think of was that he was worth more than a 5th RD pick. Which he is. It's a shame they couldn't get more. But it's a bigger shame that the last piece of that defense from 2017 is essentially gone now. And he was honestly the greatest piece about it.

Great guy man. Great community guy. Great to the fans. Great to the team. Baltimore got a great player on a great deal and he'll more than likely help make Baltimore's team great in 2020.

I know he wasn't drafted by Jacksonville. But he'll always be a Jaguar in my book. One of the best damn players to come through here in one of the worst damn stretches we've ever seen for this franchise.

We'll miss you #93. And I'll be sure my next jersey purchase is his in all black. Appreciate the commitment and tenacity he brought to this team. Just wish it would have resonated with some of the young bucks more. They don't make them like they used to!

He'll always be Calais "The Classic" Campbell for me. Best of luck in Baltimore!

+10
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(03-18-2020, 04:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Selfish of me. All I could think of was that he was worth more than a 5th RD pick. Which he is. It's a shame they couldn't get more. But it's a bigger shame that the last piece of that defense from 2017 is essentially gone now. And he was honestly the greatest piece about it.

hear, hear.

I kinda hope he manages to get a ring, but that would require Ballimer shipping him somewhere else. A pox on that franchise.