Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 01:14 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

I don't really get it. This will likely have the same affect as Paul leaving. He was expensive, maybe, but he was a leader and motivator.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly, we’re gonna hate the move but it was the only option. He wanted to keep his contract and the FO wanted to restructure.

(03-15-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote: His leadership and work in the community was huge. Yes, he was getting older and wasn’t the player he has been last season, but he was worth keeping. My guess is that he wasn’t ready to take a reduced deal to stick around.

This move signals the team is in full rebuild mode unless the goal was to clear as much cap space as possible to keep Yannick.  I guess we’ll see.  My expectation is that 2020 is going to be a complete train wreck that will require another complete staff rebuild next year.

Which is why I firmly believe that this staff should NOT be here to capitalize on our numerous draft picks this year - if this is the case.

I'm impartial to Caldwell, as I believe he has made both good and bad picks... But name me a GM with a perfect record.

Regardless, if the upcoming season is a tankfest for Trevor (which I'd be ok for if we manage to get him), then the full-on rebuild should have extended to our FO and staff.

Letting the same idiot responsible for the rebuild perform the rebuild.

That is so Jaguars of us.

(03-15-2020, 01:12 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Honestly, we’re gonna hate the move but it was the only option. He wanted to keep his contract and the FO wanted to restructure.
Yeah, he was worth at least a 4th if not a 3rd. Anyhow, I bet Dee Ford, Arnstead, or the former Falcons end will be brought in to replace him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

At least he was traded to a Super Bowl contending team. I hope he at least gets one more chance at a ring! A true professional.

This has always been a rebuild even though some people think this team can actually compete in 2020. They’re going to get destroyed and rightfully so.

They should have fired Caldwell and Marrone because at least the moves would make sense with a new regime.

I love Campbell but he was clearly not in the long term plans. Wish the Jags had gotten more but here we are.

This one hurts the most for me. The other moves I have understood and expected but this one is a punch in the gut.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

If the Jaguars trade Yannick, the over/under win total in Vegas should be about 1.5. Hard to imagine them winning more than a game or 2 with what has transpired during this off-season.

Tank for Trevor is real. We will find a way to finish next to last. Because it is what we do.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(03-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Dimson Wrote: Tank for Trevor is real. We will find a way to finish next to last. Because it is what we do.
Boy that’s true lol

We're definitely winning the off-season! This is feeling a lot like when Dave Caldwell first got here and he got rid of all our good players and doomed us for the next 6 years.
Here we go again

(03-15-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote: His leadership and work in the community was huge. Yes, he was getting older and wasn’t the player he has been last season, but he was worth keeping. My guess is that he wasn’t ready to take a reduced deal to stick around.

This move signals the team is in full rebuild mode unless the goal was to clear as much cap space as possible to keep Yannick.  I guess we’ll see.  My expectation is that 2020 is going to be a complete train wreck that will require another complete staff rebuild next year.

I agree with all but the last sentence.  Campbell is an incredible human being AND a good player, and I'd have loved for him to retire a Jaguar.  We'll miss him.

Unfortunately, getting young and better requires some tough moves, and this is one of them.  At least the Jags didn't have to cut him, and were able to recoup some value with a pick.

I'm more optimistic than most about next year.  This is what good teams actually have to go through - figuring out which high priced players to keep.  If this means we get to keep Yan, then maybe it's worth it.  If this means we get to build an offense around Minshew, it's worth it.  But it does suck to lose Campbell.

(03-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Dimson Wrote: Tank for Trevor is real. We will find a way to finish next to last. Because it is what we do.

It's not easy to get the #2 pick either. I would take that right now to be honest.

This move wouldn't have matter as much if they had a new FO, HC and were rebuilding.

But they are trying to sell us on Marrone + Caldwell so we can win now

This move makes me think we are going after some big FA

We’re in full tank mode

Rebuild coming man this is horrible
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(03-15-2020, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This move makes me think we are going after some big FA
Doubtful

Sorry NYC, may get another warning here.

[BLEEP] this FO, [BLEEP] these coaches. We know how to destroy rosters, no clue how to build them. Yeah, win now mode. These coaches think were stupid. Hope they are ready for next season, it is going to be poisonous. 

Another good player gone.