Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

(03-15-2020, 12:51 PM)FBT Wrote: His leadership and work in the community was huge. Yes, he was getting older and wasn’t the player he has been last season, but he was worth keeping. My guess is that he wasn’t ready to take a reduced deal to stick around.

This move signals the team is in full rebuild mode unless the goal was to clear as much cap space as possible to keep Yannick.  I guess we’ll see.  My expectation is that 2020 is going to be a complete train wreck that will require another complete staff rebuild next year.

I was resigned that Yann was leaving and OK with it......but, Calais? I'm not OK at all. I was in hopes after retiring here he would stay on as a coach.

(03-15-2020, 01:13 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Letting the same idiot responsible for the rebuild perform the rebuild.

That is so Jaguars of us.

The end of 2020 season cannot come fast enough for me to be rid of these two.

(03-15-2020, 01:16 PM)jjah34 Wrote: At least he was traded to a Super Bowl contending team. I hope he at least gets one more chance at a ring! A true professional.

A great player, first class person and worth a lot more than a 5th ....A LOT MORE ....than the three fools he was playing for.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-15-2020, 01:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This move makes me think we are going after some big FA
Doubtful

Why not?  Dave and Doug are in win now mode, not a rebuild.  Their job is on the line

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 01:48 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

So Caldwell and Marrone are gonna stay for 2021? great!

(03-15-2020, 01:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:41 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Doubtful

Why not?  Dave and Doug are in win now mode, not a rebuild.  Their job is on the line

Doesn't seem like it

Completely disagree.  This is a definitely a long-term move, thinking at least 3 years down the road.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 01:52 PM by Eric1.)

LOL pull your head out of the sand dude. This is a straight up rebuild, again.

Khan obviously told Dave and Doug that they both have another 2-3+ years again. There's no other reason why they would be tearing this roster apart with the looks of rebuilding through the draft. 11 picks this year and 9 or 10 next year?

Our only hope is that Minshew is the real deal, otherwise we're likely looking at 2-4 wins next season.

They are going to have to offer a lot more than a trip to Mexico for season ticket renewal. There are even less reasons to renew as each day passes.

(03-15-2020, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This move makes me think we are going after some big FA
Doubtful

The Jags are 100% planning on a big FA period. Same as next year

(03-15-2020, 01:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why not?  Dave and Doug are in win now mode, not a rebuild.  Their job is on the line

Khan obviously told Dave and Doug that they both have another 2-3+ years again. There's no other reason why they would be tearing this roster apart with the looks of rebuilding through the draft. 11 picks this year and 9 or 10 next year?

Our only hope is that Minshew is the real deal, otherwise we're likely looking at 2-4 wins next season.

No pass rush, no LB corps and no secondary. What could go wrong? Oh and no leaders.

Kids gonna get killed out there next year. D will be giving up 40 a game and teams will just play 7 coverage and tee off on Minshew all game.

(03-15-2020, 01:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Why not?  Dave and Doug are in win now mode, not a rebuild.  Their job is on the line

Heres the kicker, they are trying to do both at the same time. They're going to spend most of their cap this year on FAs, they will have over 100+ million next year too.

Doubtful

I honestly don't know what to expect right now.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(03-15-2020, 01:55 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:51 PM)Eric1 Wrote: LOL pull your head out of the sand dude. This is a straight up rebuild, again.

Heres the kicker, they are trying to do both at the same time. They're going to spend most of their cap this year on FAs, they will have over 100+ million next year too.

I can't wait for them to throw $18+ million per at Xavier Rhodes.. Dude was straight up trash this past season, so it makes perfect sense that we'll go after him and pay him a huge contract.

(03-15-2020, 02:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Heres the kicker, they are trying to do both at the same time. They're going to spend most of their cap this year on FAs, they will have over 100+ million next year too.

I can't wait for them to throw $18+ million per at Xavier Rhodes.. Dude was straight up trash this past season, so it makes perfect sense that we'll go after him and pay him a huge contract.

I think we would go after Byron Jones or Harris Jr before we go after Rhodes

Sucks. I liked Campbell. Quality guy. I would have preferred he stay a Jag. That said, I'm down for a rebuild. We are going to have a very hard time getting the right value for Yannick, though, and I wish Marrone wasn't at the helm of the coaching staff. I'd like to spend this season building a quality offensive line. Tank. Get Trevor. And move on.

(03-15-2020, 02:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 02:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I can't wait for them to throw $18+ million per at Xavier Rhodes.. Dude was straight up trash this past season, so it makes perfect sense that we'll go after him and pay him a huge contract.

I think we would go after Byron Jones or Harris Jr before we go after Rhodes

Both would be a complete waste of money, so why not? Makes perfect sense for this team.

(03-15-2020, 02:00 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 01:55 PM)JackCity Wrote: Heres the kicker, they are trying to do both at the same time. They're going to spend most of their cap this year on FAs, they will have over 100+ million next year too.

Calais, Malik, Bouye etc etc yes Norwell and Foles were bad deals but not gonna pretend like I didn't want Norwell here. 

They are a v bad FO but going after big FAs has been one of their calling cards. They will sign at least two big names this offseason I wager

This damn team. Losing everything that was good about our defense. As if Todd Wash needed any more challenges.

I feel so detached right now as a fan....

Dave and Doug getting 5 year contract extensions after the 2-14 season we’re about to have

Calais gave us 2 great years...after he came from Az where he spent his youth. It showed tremendous effort on his part.

Keeping it real...he was a 30 year old DE/DL who performed better than could be expected from the edge. He's a great guy and prime example but he begun to show his age last year. It was just harder for him.

Sorry guys but the FO saw what we didn't see. At best he could've been a situational pass rusher as he was in some games last year. You don't pay situational pass rushers 20 mil.

He can extend his career by moving back inside, which I think the FO suggested and he rejected, but his time on the edge in a 43 is over. He's 300+ so he should be fine at DT but I don't think he wants that. Perhaps he'll settle for 34 DE again.

We harp on his leadership...sorry to say but they're locker room had quite a few guys he couldn't "lead". So good guy and all, thank you for your service sir! Best of luck at your next destination.

About time Smoot gets some real playing time