Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

Apparently this is pick 171 which originally came from Vikings

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I dont understand the need for players to bash the organization based on moves that have nothing to do with them. Jalen and Yannick already making comments.

I get why. But, it just sucks. He still had another good year left for him.

I think we are gonna be big players in FA. I don't particularly like that.

I just hope they target young players who have their best football ahead of them.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 02:57 PM by ATLjag.)

The move is unpopular, but makes sense. The Jags get long term draft capital for an aging declining player in the last year of his contract. The Jags pick up $15m in cap space that can be used in free agency to plug some of the many holes. The Jags relieve the financial pressure in order to keep Yan on the books for $19.3m this year under the tag, if necessary. Move allows both Allen and Ngakoue to be full time starters at DE (Calais was getting too old for the wear and tear of being asked to play inside). Tanking for Trevor is a side benefit that may or may not occur.

[BLEEP] this team

I don’t think we are tanking this year, though I understand why many are concluding that. I think we I’ll end up spending more in free agency than anticipated.

Crazy that our defense was as awful as it was against the run while Calais was graded as the best run defender in the game. Got some major work to do now.

(03-15-2020, 02:56 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The move is unpopular, but makes sense.  The Jags get long term draft capital for an aging declining player in the last year of his contract.  The Jags pick up $15m in cap space that can be used in free agency to plug some of the many holes.  The Jags relieve the financial pressure in order to keep Yan on the books for $19.3m this year under the tag, if necessary.  Move allows both Allen and Ngakoue to be full time starters at DE (Calais was getting too old for the wear and tear of being asked to play inside).  Tanking for Trevor is a side benefit that may or may not occur.

I agree completely. 

They got a 5th rounder and $15 million for a declining 34 year old DE. What's not to like?
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(03-15-2020, 03:06 PM)PF* Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 02:56 PM)ATLjag Wrote: The move is unpopular, but makes sense.  The Jags get long term draft capital for an aging declining player in the last year of his contract.  The Jags pick up $15m in cap space that can be used in free agency to plug some of the many holes.  The Jags relieve the financial pressure in order to keep Yan on the books for $19.3m this year under the tag, if necessary.  Move allows both Allen and Ngakoue to be full time starters at DE (Calais was getting too old for the wear and tear of being asked to play inside).  Tanking for Trevor is a side benefit that may or may not occur.

I agree completely. 

They got a 5th rounder and $15 million for a declining 34 year old DE. What's not to like?
There is no place here for such logic and reason. 

I personally wanted him around for another year to continue mentoring Allen, but there's no arguing the logic behind the move.

You can argue that is was good because the team wasn't competing next year, Calais was expensive, and he was old...you cannot say he was declining. He was still very elite last year and has not shown regression at all yet. Hell Calais has 4 seasons of 90+ overall season grades from PFF, and they are the last 4 years. He is aging like a fine wine and he is going to be a monster for Baltimore.

Why is everyone being so emotional about a move which has been speculated for months and makes logical sense in both the short and long term?
Campbell is a great dude, but hasn't been dominant for 2 years. He had some big moments last year but was not his usual dominant self.
He may be able to extend his career in Baltimore, but they are paying $15M for a situational guy - more power to them.
And why are the legions of PAYYY YANNNN soldiers not celebrating today's victory? Trading Campbell gives the Jags the cap relief to carry Yann at 19.3M. He's getting payyyyed.

(03-15-2020, 02:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I dont understand the need for players to bash the organization based on moves that have nothing to do with them. Jalen and Yannick already making comments.

Because that's what locker room cancers do.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(03-15-2020, 03:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Why is everyone being so emotional about a move which has been speculated for months and makes logical sense in both the short and long term?
Campbell is a great dude, but hasn't been dominant for 2 years.  He had some big moments last year but was not his usual dominant self.  
He may be able to extend his career in Baltimore, but they are paying $15M for a situational guy - more power to them.
And why are the legions of PAYYY YANNNN soldiers not celebrating today's victory?  Trading Campbell gives the Jags the cap relief to carry Yann at 19.3M.  He's getting payyyyed.

Because yet again we are getting rid of a vet player, who played well on an awful D last year, for another player 'with potential'. Losing Calais and Dareus. Hope Taven is eating everything in sight. 

Let me ask you this way, do you think Baltimore just got better? I do.

How much cap room does that give them this off-season with the $10 million salary cap increase? Definitely see them signing a couple big names to 5 year deals with the hope in 2 years we’ll be contending and those guys will still have good football left in them.

(03-15-2020, 12:46 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: He’s getting old and expensive. I don’t like it but I’m not surprised.

To this I Concur even though I wasn't expecting this transaction. Campbell was/is the making of SACKSONVILLE. I hate to see him go but the front office knows best. Will He Be Missed?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

I believe they would be around 40 million in cap space. Don't overdue FA though.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 03:45 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

He’s going to tear it up in Baltimore. We all knew they are in rebuild mode. Which is why, again, I’ll say the most important thing is to get this QB thing RIGHT! Use all resources to put a good surrounding cast around Minshew, and see if he is the man. Don’t [BLEEP] this up this time around.

Sometimes I wonder why I follow this team. Being in Chicago, and randomly picking the Jaguars as my team back in 1998... I kind of regret that decision lol.

(03-15-2020, 03:43 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: He’s going to tear it up in Baltimore. We all knew they are in rebuild mode. Which is why, again, I’ll say the most important thing is to get this QB thing RIGHT! Use all resources to put a good surrounding cast around Minshew, and see if he is the man. Don’t [BLEEP] this up this time around.

Agreed.