Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags trade Campbell

I don't like the move because I really like Campbell and everything he brings, yet I can understand the reasoning behind the move.  Getting a draft pick as well as the cap relief is better than getting nothing had the team chose to cut him instead (a very real possibility).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 09:24 PM by Rockman1966.)

CC has been a warrior for this franchise. Hell, he’s the [BLEEP] the 2019 NFP Man of the Year! He's earned the right to end his career with a winner. Much respect and best of luck to the Jaguars best FA signing.

This was go be expected.  Keep DM/DC, get rid of Bouye, Campbell, Dareus, Yan, Jalen.  At best this is a 4 to 6 win team next year.  Tank for London. 

On the positive note, we will have an excellent chance at two top 10 picks next year.  Maybe top 5 if we get rid of a few other key players.

(03-15-2020, 01:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: This move makes me think we are going after some big FA

Teams should only do this when they are just 1 or 2 great players away from making a Super Bowl run. Even if the Jags picked up the best free agents available, i.e Chris Jones they would still be 2-3 years away from contending for the playoffs. Even if they offered guys like this a deal, how many would actually want to come here? Prior to this season, we've always had to over-pay free agents to come here. After what the union said following the Coughlin fiasco things got much worse and that was before Ngakwoe's tweets. 

The Jaguars need to only sign young free agents who would not cost a ton and could still be productive in 2-3 years. Other than that, build through the draft and hope the next 2 draft classes were as good as last season's.

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 04:39 PM by D-Money.)

(03-15-2020, 03:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 03:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Why is everyone being so emotional about a move which has been speculated for months and makes logical sense in both the short and long term?
Campbell is a great dude, but hasn't been dominant for 2 years.  He had some big moments last year but was not his usual dominant self.  
He may be able to extend his career in Baltimore, but they are paying $15M for a situational guy - more power to them.
And why are the legions of PAYYY YANNNN soldiers not celebrating today's victory?  Trading Campbell gives the Jags the cap relief to carry Yann at 19.3M.  He's getting payyyyed.

Because yet again we are getting rid of a vet player, who played well on an awful D last year, for another player 'with potential'. Losing Calais and Dareus. Hope Taven is eating everything in sight. 

Let me ask you this way, do you think Baltimore just got better? I do.
Smh..our fanbase will never learn. The same Front office that made the dumb decision to get rid of our team leaders, do it again. I guess they didn't see how Calais was mentoring Josh Allen and you let him leave after the 1st year of that? Its like our fans worry about cap space more than they care about players that produce on the field. 

Its look like again we will have a bunch young players trying to figure it out on the run with no veteran presence and coaches that don't add anything. Will guys be ok if it take 2 to 3 years to see the front office fail only for them to get fired and we have to do it all over again?

Again the players have never been the problem. It is and always will be the front office/coaches. Hope Gruden and Macadoo and provide something different.

FINALLY! But we've lost all our premiere defensive draft picks outside of Jack. Too little too late Jags. Smh.
[Image: giphy.gif]
A True Fan ladies and gentlemen:
(11-12-2018, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Ramsey for Grier straight up

It would be a better deal if somehow they convinced the Ravens to take Nick Foles along with his cap.

(03-15-2020, 04:34 PM)D-Money Wrote:
(03-15-2020, 03:27 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Because yet again we are getting rid of a vet player, who played well on an awful D last year, for another player 'with potential'. Losing Calais and Dareus. Hope Taven is eating everything in sight. 

Let me ask you this way, do you think Baltimore just got better? I do.
Smh..our fanbase will never learn. The same Front office that made the dumb decision to get rid of our team leaders, do it again. I guess they didn't see how Calais was mentoring Josh Allen and you let him leave after the 1st year of that? Its like our fans worry about cap space more than they care about players that produce on the field. 

Its look like again we will have a bunch young players trying to figure it out on the run with no veteran presence and coaches that don't add anything. Will guys be ok if it take 2 to 3 years to see the front office fail only for them to get fired and we have to do it all over again?

Again the players have never been the problem. It is and always will be the front office/coaches. Hope Gruden and Macadoo and provide something different.

Preach brother preach.

I get the upside of more cap room and stuff but like you say, the product on the field is constantly dropping. Weve done the rookie roster, it had some successes but they are gone. D line at the moment is Yan (if he plays), Taven, Abry, Allen. That is a light front, thats for pass rush only.

I just have no faith in Caldwell to pick well and Marrone and co to coach them. We could pick stud after stud and this FO would ruin them.

Also like you say, whos going to be Allens mentor now. Yan. Im sure that will go well.

Also, in today's time there really isn't a such thing as rebuilding. At least not how it was in the past. Teams are "upgraded" in one offseasons now.

All it takes is a few FA and a gem or two from the draft, and you're in the playoffs. Those days of rebuilds taking 3,4,5 years are gone.

(03-15-2020, 04:10 PM)navyjagfan Wrote: This was go be expected.  Keep DM/DC, get rid of Bouye, Campbell, Dareus, Yan, Jalen.  At best this is a 4 to 6 win team next year.  Tank for London. 

On the positive note, we will have an excellent chance at two top 10 picks next year.  Maybe top 5 if we get rid of a few other key players.

Do you think the Rams will really be bad enough to be in the top 5?

I think right now it looks like we'll be in the Top 5, and the Rams in the 15-20 range once again.

Should be enough Ammo to trade up for Trevor Lawrence if the Minshew project doesn't work.

(03-15-2020, 04:56 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Also, in today's time there really isn't a such thing as rebuilding. At least not how it was in the past. Teams are "upgraded" in one offseasons now.

All it takes is a few FA and a gem or two from the draft, and you're in the playoffs. Those days of rebuilds taking 3,4,5 years are gone.
Sounds easy

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2020, 05:53 PM by rfc17.)

(03-15-2020, 02:41 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I dont understand the need for players to bash the organization based on moves that have nothing to do with them. Jalen and Yannick already making comments.

Cuz Jalen is garbage.  If only we knew what a disaster he would be.

https://twitter.com/E_Dilla/status/1239244613136809986

Great move for Calais though. Looks like we are starting over so nice of us to put him in a spot where he has a legit chance for a Super Bowl before he retires. Hope he gets one.

(03-15-2020, 03:18 PM)Upper Wrote: You can argue that is was good because the team wasn't competing next year, Calais was expensive, and he was old...you cannot say he was declining. He was still very elite last year and has not shown regression at all yet. Hell Calais has 4 seasons of 90+ overall season grades from PFF, and they are the last 4 years. He is aging like a fine wine and he is going to be a monster for Baltimore.

Not that I disagree with the overall point but Calais pretty clearly regressed physically from last season despite what stats and grading say. 

So I wouldn't say he's shown no signs of regression, left a lot of plays on the field last season a young Calais would have gotten. Still will be a very good player

He is old, expensive, and wouldn't restructure his contract.

I loved the guy but it's a smart move to dump his salary and get some compensation while we still could.

Hooray we have cap room and draft picks....

Oh no we have the same GM that couldn't build with a full tear down last time. Hooray we have the same coaching staff that can't develop players and makes them hate the team too.

If they are over paying in FA this is going to be a colossal disaster. Man I hate feeling this way.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Another embarrassment to the fanbase. a 5th rounder for a player of Campbell's character and playing ability. Really a 5th rounder is the best you could get????????

OMG What is our GM doing????? I have no idea hnow this makes any sense.

(03-15-2020, 07:26 PM)JAGs Nation Wrote: Another embarrassment to the fanbase.  a 5th rounder for a player of Campbell's character and playing ability.  Really a 5th rounder is the best you could get????????

OMG   What is our GM doing?????   I have no idea hnow this makes any sense.

I was a little shocked that a 5th is all we got for him. Not even a case of Natty Boh and a bushel of oysters to go along with it?

I'm glad Calais got traded to a contender. He deserves better.

(03-15-2020, 08:08 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: I'm glad Calais got traded to a contender.  He deserves better.

True lol

[MySportsUpdate] "The #Ravens' 5th-round pick going to Jacksonville for Calais Campbell.... is the one Baltimore got from Minnesota for kicker Kaare Vedvik. The #Ravens essentially traded a kicker for Calais Campbell."