Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Master Plan

(03-16-2020, 09:58 AM)Rico Wrote: I was trying to my damnedest to remain semi-optimistic.

Though not totally unexpected, the Campbell trade was a real gut-punch.  Not as  much from the player perspective, but from the team and community leader perspective.  If nothing else, it was a [BLEEP] PR move.

And I've already made my season ticket purchase for next year.  It could be a real [BLEEP] show.  Even if they strike it rich in the draft the chances that a bunch of rookies and QB that we are not even sure of can carry the team is pretty much non-existent.  Hoping Minshew is the real deal seems to be the master plan with a backup of Trevor Lawrence as the backup.

Much tougher schedule on paper this year too between the AFC North & NFC North. Then we get the Chargers in L.A and the Dolphins at home. And both of those teams could be better than expected after this draft and free agency period. 

It feels like they're putting ALL of this year's hopes and dreams on Minshew's shoulders. At the very least they need to give this kid every damn weapon they can find between this month and next month. In classic Jaguars fashion though they'll probably out play themselves into a finish that lands them out of the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gut the roster then move the team
If it weren't for Minshew, we'd be looking at 0-16 season coming

WOW.

We lose multiple starters on defense but we don't replenish them within the 2020 NFL Draft? This IS NOT the way to go to say the least! We must draft defensively heavy while supplimenting our offensive needs.

DT, LB, DE, CB and PR are our dire needs to say the least.

Time Will Tell

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-16-2020, 04:07 PM)NH3 Wrote: WOW.

We lose multiple starters on defense but we don't replenish them within the 2020 NFL Draft? This IS NOT the way to go to say the least! We must draft defensively heavy while supplimenting our offensive needs.

Time Will Tell

NH3...

LB is not super important. Find a couple space-eating DT, and Jack, Williams, Jacob, and ___ new MLB will look like gang busters.

CB is just as glaring a need as DT. Tre Herndon is currently set to line up against WR #1s. Scary thought.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Keep Allen, Lambo, Minshew, Chark, and punter.
Get what you can for anybody else.
This team is a complete dumpsterfire.

Ravens will be fun to watch.

(03-16-2020, 10:11 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I really thought that:
  • Probably lame duck year for coaching staff
  • +
  • Caldwell in a prove it year
  • =
  • Make roster competitive RIGHT NOW

With the Bouye and Campbell moves coming after the Dareus/Ryan cuts, I'm now not so sure what this "plan" is that Marrone and Caldwell sold to Shad Khan. It certainly is starting to seem like a two year plan, whatever it is.  
Going to be an interesting offseason. Lots of roster changes on tap. 

We could see as many as FIVE new starters on defense,  plus three new starters on offense along with a couple of other new names playing contributing roles there.

It feels like the plan for the Jaguars is to at least some extent what the Dolphins did in 2019.

1. Acquire many draft picks.
2. Free up plenty of salary cap space.
3. Much better results in the 2nd half of the 2020 season than in the first half of the season.
4. Be much more aggressive in Free Agency in 2021 than in 2020.

(03-16-2020, 04:07 PM)NH3 Wrote: WOW.

Time Will Tell

NH3...

Couldn’t disagree any more with this to be honest. The most important thing is to get this [BLEEP] QB situation figured out. Way above everything else. So much so that all resources need to go to surrounding Minshew with the best to see if he is truly the real deal. Keep drafting defensive stars with no QB in place and we will keep spinning in circles on this endless merry go round of mediocre! 

If Minshew has a bad year, my guess is Caldwell and Marrone are gone. A new GM wants his own guy, and won’t put any stock in a 6th round QB coming off a bad season. Which restarts everything come 2021.

I’ll keep saying this... WINNING #1 fixes everything. Players want to play, they stop complaining, fans show up, etc etc. ONLY way to have consistent winning is to have a QB. Otherwise you are aiming for a flash in the pan like 2017 combined with a decade of pure mediocrity and the worst team in the damn league. 

GET THE QB RIGHT!

So far, the plan will be to stay quiet on the first day of FA.

(03-16-2020, 11:57 PM)Jagulars Wrote: So far, the plan will be to stay quiet on the first day of FA.

I approve.

Master Plan? How about a master wish? Tom Brady announces he will be going to the Jags. He will have full control of the roster and transition from QB to GM as time goes by. He is also given a stake in the franchise. AKA John Elway.....
A new broom always sweeps clean.

Deal 91 for a 1st. Sign DJ Reader. Resign DFJ to play opposite Josh Allen. Draft one of the DTs in the 1st and find a CB at some point.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thumbs Up 

(03-15-2020, 10:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Go BPA regardless of offense or defense

This!!!

(03-17-2020, 10:24 AM)Jag149 Wrote: Master Plan?  How about a master wish?  Tom Brady announces he will be going to the Jags. He will have full control of the roster and transition from QB to GM as time goes by. He is also given a stake in the franchise. AKA John Elway.....

Ew. No.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 01:20 PM by WhyWouldYouPostThat.)

2nd round RFA tender on keelan cole

(03-17-2020, 01:18 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: 2nd round RFA tender on keelan cole

Nice, a good underrated player

(03-17-2020, 01:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-17-2020, 01:18 PM)WhyWouldYouPostThat Wrote: 2nd round RFA tender on keelan cole

Also indicative of cutting Lee.

(03-16-2020, 11:57 PM)Jagulars Wrote: So far, the plan will be to stay quiet on the first day of FA.

That Schobert deal made a bit of noise.

My master plan would be this:

Step 1: Change to a 3-4

According to the Prisco article, the Jags wanted to explore this venue last year, but because we did not pay Yan we stayed with the 4-3. The Schobert signing could be an indication that we are still open to that philosophy change. The best traits of The Scho and Jack are their coverage abilities and how Schobert finds the ball. This means moving Jack to the Will and allow him to cover and use his athletic ability to pursue the back after Schobert can stack in the run game.

Step 2: Re-sign Yan

Obviously, in a 3-4, you want 2 dynamic guys on the edge this would be a lethal combo with Yan and Allen. We all know this.

Step 3: Sign Shelby Harris

Has consistently been an average performer for Denver's defense and would be a cheap plug and play starter who would be inexpensive and help with the team's change in scheme.

Step 4: Sign Devon Kennard

Another guy who is not a wow player, had 7 sacks last year and would come in and back up Allen/Yan when the Ferraris need to refuel for third downs. It would be a cheap addition and would be a good voice in the locker room as he was a captain for Detroit.

Step 5: Trade Nick Foles

I do not care what we get back for Foles, it will probably be a late-round pick. What I do care about is that we clear all his money off the table for next year and that we can get the team around Minshew and provide clarity for the fans and the players.

Step 6: Draft Time

This depends on the availability of players, but I added some plan B types in regards to round. Nonetheless, the players I select are the groups I want to be focused on.

Round 1: Derrick Brown
Round 1: Laviska Shenault
Round 2: Xavier Mckinney
Round 3: Bryce Hall
Round 4: Anthony McFarland
Round 4: Josiah Deguara
Round 5: Logan Wilson
Round 5: James Morgan
Round 6: Carter Coughlin
Round 6: Trey Adams
Round 7: AJ Green

Brown is an animal, he can play every position along the DL and would be a space-eater for running downs and a penetrator on passing downs. He is an absolute stud and does the dirty work, has technique issues mainly with his pad level, but he could be an absolute monster in the middle. Laviska, he is a raw WR in regards to his route tree but has all the physical attributes to be a number 1 WR in the NFL. He is explosive, tough, physical, versatile, and has great hands...he just needs some time in the NFL and he should be a star if we let him continue to be an X and a big slot. Mckinney is the "poor man Minkah" and has a lot of versatility with being able to play in the box, the nickel, and deep safety and he does it all pretty well. His weakness is tackling, and it is more due to the angles he takes than his form. It would be a really fun safety pairing between him and RH. Hall is a good zone corner who was probably going to be a 1st round pick before his injury this year, that's a risk I am willing to take in the third round of the draft for a corner I like more than Diggs and Fulton. We are a heavy zone team and Virginia runs a lot of different zone variations which would make the transition for Hall very easily while he still rehabs his injury. Mcfarland is a homerun hitter and would be the explosive back Gruden likes to use within his offense, I like Roq, but he is more of ST guy and a backup for LF. I believe the staff trust Oliver to make BIG strides this year which means I would not expect us to draft another move TE, but rather a guy who helps us run 12 personnel. Deguara is a guy who is all toughness and work ethic, he is a solid inline blocker and also has good hands and decent routes. Could be a Kyle Rudolph type guy, but at worst will be Swaim. Logan Wilson moved from safety to LB recently and is still raw at LB, but definitely had flashes at Wyoming and it is worth a shot. Big fan of James Morgan as a developmental QB, has athletic ability, accuracy, and he can sling it. Decision making needs to improve. Coughlin is a guy who will challenge Leon Jacobs for a spot on the roster, ST stud who is more familiar with the edge than Jacobs. The most doubtful pick, some people might be confused why Adams is available here, back issues are HUGE HUGE HUGE, I know for a fact that 18 teams have him completely off their boards. Jacksonville may be one of those teams, no way for me to know that, but I do know the guy has talent and I would throw a 6th rounder at him. Green could challenge for a roster spot.

Overall, this team needs a facelift and changes need to happen in regards to personnel, leadership, culture, scheme, and explosiveness. In my plan changes are made in the scheme with the defense changing to a 3-4. Changes are made in personnel with us bringing in new FAs and Rookies that fit that scheme. We get a culture change by getting rid of Foles, signing other teams captains, and drafting college captains from winning programs that expect to win. We improve leadership, by getting rid of Foles and letting Minshew be the leader for this team and letting the defense build a new identity with new blood. Lastly explosiveness, Scho makes plays, Mckinney makes plays, Brown makes plays, Yan makes plays, Laviska makes plays, Mcfarland makes plays, and Jack made plays at Will.

(03-17-2020, 01:42 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

I hope someone gives the Jags a 2nd rounder for him.