Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I think Kyle Trask can work himself in the 1st round

As Florida Gator supporter, I have a hot take: I think Trask works his way into the first round in 2021 NFL Draft. I am biased, true, but not without perspective. Trask’s measurables alone gives him that “prototypical build” at 6’5” 240 lbs and he’s deadly accurate which makes him at the very least, draftable NFL prospect right now if he would have came out in the 2020 NFL draft. 

However, Mullen has a history of year 2 spikes under his tutelage—Tim Tebow, Dak Prescott, Nick Fitzgerald, and evening Feleipe Franks put up 24 TDS to only 6 picks in year 2 in Mullen’s offense. Once you add the Florida bred/SEC brand boost for playing in a top conference, you could be looking at a late 1st round/NFL prospect. Be on the look out for him especially since Florida can win 10-11 games this year.

Kyles Trask on the Patriots would make a lot of sense if Tom Brady were to come back.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not a particular Gator supporter, but I agree with you. I was very impressed with Trask last year. I couldn't believe he hadn't started a game since junior high school. He looks like a prototype QB.

Trask has the physical attributes but he doesn’t have it between the ears. Perhaps that is a result of his lack of starting time and can be improved, but I only see him as a backup in the pros at this point.

Agreed I've mentioned this before that Trask could be a potential sleeper this year for the Hiesman

There's probably at least 10 QBs with more of a Heisman chance

(03-16-2020, 11:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: There's probably at least 10 QBs with more of a Heisman chance

That's why hes a sleeper

(03-16-2020, 07:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed I've mentioned this before that Trask could be a potential sleeper this year for the Hiesman
Wait.... you think a Florida player is gonna he really good?! 

I’m shocked.

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 03:07 PM by Upper.)

(03-16-2020, 01:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 07:37 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed I've mentioned this before that Trask could be a potential sleeper this year for the Hiesman
Wait.... you think a Florida player is gonna he really good?! 

I’m shocked.

I would give my opinion on what I think of Trask as a 1st rounder but I don't want to be accused of being a fake Gator fan again. Also, my H and A keys might break.

(03-16-2020, 03:06 PM)Upper Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 01:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait.... you think a Florida player is gonna he really good?! 

I’m shocked.

I would give my opinion on what I think of Trask as a 1st rounder but I don't want to be accused of being a fake Gator fan again. Also, my H and A keys might break.

You dont have to, it's a given what you think

(03-16-2020, 04:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 03:06 PM)Upper Wrote: I would give my opinion on what I think of Trask as a 1st rounder but I don't want to be accused of being a fake Gator fan again. Also, my H and A keys might break.

You dont have to, it's a given what you think

If fans could just not be so...fanatic. Maybe if all that was said was that it looks like he might have put himself in a position to have an NFL career now that would be fine. But nope gotta jump to future NFL franchise QB. Craziness.

Why can't Trask become a first rounder?
Burrow went from largely unknown to average to star in a matter of a couple seasons.

Trask from perennial back up, to the savior of the Gators QB woes, to possible first round QB isn't really that much of a stretch...
Heisman? Well, we'll see... the dual threat, super spread, QBs tend to get inflated stats to get those awards... which is fine. I just hope he does well enough for UF to challenge for the SEC and a possible playoff spot.

As far as what round he's drafted in... I'm hoping Minshew does well enough we're not looking for a QB in the first.

[Image: 90306544_3736682046373441_73695903944278...e=5E9ACD16]

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2020, 06:44 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(03-16-2020, 11:59 AM)JackCity Wrote: There's probably at least 10 QBs with more of a Heisman chance

Golden Post

[Image: 127227979_1441795699324500_2637815616506...e=5FE54FC0]

We shall see......

(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020, 10:30 AM by Kane.)

Well I've seen him mocked in the late first a few times (landing with the clots and Pats) and I've seen him mocked in the 2nd sometimes with the Bears or Minny.

Mel Kiper says he's a 2nd rounder due to his average arm strength. I believe that was what Marino at Draft Network put out recently as well.

I've seen idiots in comments sections say he isn't worth anything before the 4th because he doesn't offer the threat of the run.

Suppose we'll see how it all shakes out but if I'm betting on it I think he lands in the late first. Mid to late 20's. Perhaps even a team trading up from the top of round 2.

I think he might work his way into the top 10.

I would be pretty surprised if Trask isn't drafted in the first round. I could see a team like New England, Indianapolis, Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Atlanta or San Francisco taking him or with their first round picks or even Philadelphia, Detroit or Washington trading back into the bottom part of the first round to select him.

5 top 10 QBs?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(12-06-2020, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be pretty surprised if Trask isn't drafted in the first round. I could see a team like New England, Indianapolis, Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Atlanta or San Francisco taking him or with their first round picks or even Philadelphia, Detroit or Washington trading back into the bottom part of the first round to select him.

Agree that Trask would be ideal for NE
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(04-16-2021, 01:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(12-06-2020, 10:42 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I would be pretty surprised if Trask isn't drafted in the first round. I could see a team like New England, Indianapolis, Chicago, Carolina, Tampa Bay, Atlanta or San Francisco taking him or with their first round picks or even Philadelphia, Detroit or Washington trading back into the bottom part of the first round to select him.

Agree that Trask would be ideal for NE

I now believe New England will get Trey Lance. I no longer believe Trask will be a first rounder. Davis Mills may go ahead of him.