Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts trade #13 pick to 49ers for D. Buckner

Wow. And all Deandre Hopkins can net is a 2nd rounder..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gonna see if he is really that good....or the product of that All World Niners front line.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 04:25 PM by Caldrac.)

Interesting move. That tells me they feel they didn't stand a chance to gain Brown nor Kinlaw and they were not convinced that Espenesa nor that other kid people are hyping up from LSU I think at DE were worth the pick there.

This leads me to also believe that Lynch and the 49ERS are trying to get close enough to land a QB to compete with Jimmy G. There's no other reason to move up that high. They might not be done trading around just yet. If Herbert's on the board at 9 they might be calling us.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 04:33 PM by Bullseye.)

Considering the price they pay to get him and considering how far he took them last year it is a bit surprising to see them seemingly give up on him so soon.

I wonder if this is a prelude to the 49ers possibly trading up into the top 10. If so I wonder who they're targeting.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(03-16-2020, 04:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Considering the price they pay to get him and considering how far he took them last year it is a bit surprising to see them seemingly give up on him so soon.

I wonder if this is a prelude to the 49ers possibly trading up into the top 10. If so I wonder who they're targeting.

Though I can see why the 49ers made the trade, DeForest Buckner is going to be very difficult to replace effectively.  His all around Defensive Line skills are in the elite category.  

Even with the contract numbers,  I like the trade from an Indianapolis standpoint.  Adding a versatile Defensive Lineman with differential skills,  who is in the early part of what are considered prime NFL seasons,  should help the Colts immensely if Buckner remains relatively healthy.  It's fair to say that the addition of Buckner for the Colts got the attention of the key football people in the Jaguars organization.  The same with Houston and Tennessee.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2020, 09:57 PM)D6 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 04:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Considering the price they pay to get him and considering how far he took them last year it is a bit surprising to see them seemingly give up on him so soon.

Though I can see why the 49ers made the trade, DeForest Buckner is going to be very difficult to replace effectively.  His all around Defensive Line skills are in the elite category.  

Even with the contract numbers,  I like the trade from an Indianapolis standpoint.  Adding a versatile Defensive Lineman with differential skills,  who is in the early part of what are considered prime NFL seasons,  should help the Colts immensely if Buckner remains relatively healthy.  It's fair to say that the addition of Buckner for the Colts got the attention of the key football people in the Jaguars organization.  The same with Houston and Tennessee.

Well now more than ever, with Hopkins being traded away for D. Johnson, the Clots set themselves up to stop the run.

This move helps them out especially in a division with the Jaguars, Hopkins-less Tinhorns, and the tacks.

As for the 49ers side, I think this move was moreso for eventual cap-related reasons given how much money is/will be tied up to their defensive line. My projection is that they will either go with a WR or D-line with the 13th pick and not trade up for competition at QB with Jimmy G.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 08:10 AM by NCJag.)

(03-16-2020, 04:21 PM)NCJag Wrote: Gonna see if he is really that good....or the product of that All World Niners front line.

EDIT:  Whoops.  Don't know WHY I confused Buckner with Solomon Thomas.  Probably both high first rounders...

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn