Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bring back Marcell Dareus.

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2020, 06:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Derrick Brown is still probably my top guy but I still think we should bring Dareus back if possible.  Maybe on a 2 year 20 mil deal with incentives.  I think there is a chance if the market isn't there for him, thoughts?  Dareus and Brown on the interior on short yardage downs would be something we haven't had in a long time

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-18-2020, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Derrick Brown is still probably my top guy but I still think we should bring Dareus back if possible.  Maybe on a 2 year 20 mil deal with incentives.  I think there is a chance if the market isn't there for him, thoughts?  Dareus and Brown on the interior on short yardage downs would be something we haven't had in a long time

I'd be in favor of that. It would give the Jaguars more options on draft day and that price tag would be less than paying someone Michael Pierce.

I'd like Dareus back at a fair price. No idea where he's at injury recovery wise though. Could be a factor.

I think we just signed a D-Lineman from Arizona. I wonder if that hinders bringing back Dareus

(03-18-2020, 06:54 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 06:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Derrick Brown is still probably my top guy but I still think we should bring Dareus back if possible.  Maybe on a 2 year 20 mil deal with incentives.  I think there is a chance if the market isn't there for him, thoughts?  Dareus and Brown on the interior on short yardage downs would be something we haven't had in a long time

I'd be in favor of that. It would give the Jaguars more options on draft day and that price tag would be less than paying someone Michael Pierce.

Me too, although I think the Jaguars can get him for $8 mill per year with incentives, similar to Danny Shelton's deal with the Lions. He might be slightly superior to Shelton, but his injury last year is cause for concern. Would he ever return to his 2017-2018 form?
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-18-2020, 07:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd like Dareus back at a fair price. No idea where he's at injury recovery wise though. Could be a factor.

Dilla said the other day he's behind schedule on recovery. He could be done.

We really need to find a way to bring him back. I’m on board with this move.

Even if we don’t get Brown, I would love to have a healthy Dareus in the middle. Our entire defense changes with him in the lineup. Without him our defensive numbers against the run are astronomical.

(03-18-2020, 07:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We really need to find a way to bring him back. I’m on board with this move.

Even if we don’t get Brown, I would love to have a healthy Dareus in the middle. Our entire defense changes with him in the lineup. Without him our defensive numbers against the run are astronomical.

Well, you may well get the same effect with Snacks Harrison or Derek Brown. I'm not sure Dareus will ever be Dareus again. He was a beast from 2017 to parts of last year. He had a good run. I think Campbell is going to fall off a cliff this year in Baltimore. We'll see.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(03-18-2020, 07:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd like Dareus back at a fair price. No idea where he's at injury recovery wise though. Could be a factor.

Dilla tweeted that he would start the season on PUP. The Jags initially wanted to bring him back but based on his current progress it would be unlikely.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-18-2020, 07:07 PM)High Octane Wrote: I think we just signed a D-Lineman from Arizona. I wonder if that hinders bringing back Dareus

I think that's more of a move to upgrade the rotational players, a la Abry Jones, Dontavius Russell, formerly Eli Ankou etc. 

I don't think they envision that guy as the NT solution and I doubt his contract will be substantial positionally. 

My best guess is that they target a run stuffing NT/DT prior to the 4th round. Maybe even early if the player also shows good interior pass rush ability as well.

I'm all for this if he's healthy

(03-18-2020, 08:42 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 07:35 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: We really need to find a way to bring him back. I’m on board with this move.

Well, you may well get the same effect with Snacks Harrison or Derek Brown. I'm not sure Dareus will ever be Dareus again. He was a beast from 2017 to parts of last year. He had a good run. I think Campbell is going to fall off a cliff this year in Baltimore. We'll see.

I have to agree with you on this one. Brown could give us the same effect for a longer time frame. 

Hey guys...Do Not Forget that we need a Safety too. Our secondary could be the worst in the league.

(03-19-2020, 08:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-18-2020, 08:42 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Well, you may well get the same effect with Snacks Harrison or Derek Brown. I'm not sure Dareus will ever be Dareus again. He was a beast from 2017 to parts of last year. He had a good run. I think Campbell is going to fall off a cliff this year in Baltimore. We'll see.

I have to agree with you on this one. Brown could give us the same effect for a longer time frame. 

Hey guys...Do Not Forget that we need a Safety too. Our secondary could be the worst in the league.

I feel right now safety will be the best position value in the 2nd. Hopefully one of McKinney, Delpit, or Winfield will be there.  Any of the 3 would be great value with our 2nd round pick

(03-19-2020, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:16 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: I have to agree with you on this one. Brown could give us the same effect for a longer time frame. 

I feel right now safety will be the best position value in the 2nd. Hopefully one of McKinney, Delpit, or Winfield will be there.  Any of the 3 would be great value with our 2nd round pick

Agree.

They absolutely better get us a new Safety that’s worth it. To me, Safety is a top 2 or 3 need on defense, with DT or NT number uno.

(03-19-2020, 08:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel right now safety will be the best position value in the 2nd. Hopefully one of McKinney, Delpit, or Winfield will be there.  Any of the 3 would be great value with our 2nd round pick

Agree.

They absolutely better get us a new Safety that’s worth it. To me, Safety is a top 2 or 3 need on defense, with DT or NT number uno.
Yeah I'm going NT/DT, CB1, FS on D

and for the O I think RG, TE, and FB are our biggest needs. (FB is important in WC scheme, iirc, we don't have one)

(03-19-2020, 08:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I feel right now safety will be the best position value in the 2nd. Hopefully one of McKinney, Delpit, or Winfield will be there.  Any of the 3 would be great value with our 2nd round pick

Agree.

Our safeties are serviceable. I'd much rather add talent to the front 7 first. 

2019 Jaguars were weaaaaaaaaaaak in the trenches. Fixing that should be priority #1.

(03-20-2020, 12:09 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:55 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Agree.

Our safeties are serviceable. I'd much rather add talent to the front 7 first. 

2019 Jaguars were weaaaaaaaaaaak in the trenches. Fixing that should be priority #1.

I disagree.

Wilson leaves a lot to be desired and should be upgraded if one of the top 3 safeties happen to be available late 1st/2nd or later. Especially with Rivers in the division now.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Wilson is solid but yeah I'd be cool with taking McKinney or Delpit if they make it to #20

(03-20-2020, 12:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: Wilson is solid but yeah I'd be cool with taking McKinney or Delpit if they make it to #20

But not Winfield?  Best safety in this class imo

Yeah bro we were weeeeaakkk up front. That’s a must. We can’t just let teams come in the jungle and just run all over us and drag us up and down the field.

Wilson is probably the weakest link in our secondary. I have a feeling 37 is going to see a lot of playing time and he also led the team in interceptions in 2019. So we gotta get a Safety.

I hear 33 from the Jets is being shopped around. Give up one of our 1st round picks, and use the other one to snag a CB1?

On a side note: guys we have a young, talented TE in Oliver who could end up being a stud. I like what O’shaugnasseesseessee brings to the table.

DT
Secondary
RG

That’s where I’m at right now. You can find a FB in the 7th.