Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
ESPN to cut ~100 on-air personalities

Quote:They apparently hired Woj lol
Good move then for them. That man is well connected. Thats the kind of person you want on a 24 hour sports network. Better than Steven A Smith just making up stuff.

Guess this account is the one now? Rip HR86 2010-2017.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Good move then for them. That man is well connected. Thats the kind of person you want on a 24 hour sports network. Better than Steven A Smith just making up stuff.

Agree, the whole shock jock/loudmouth there to drum up ratings has moved on from radio, to TV, and now to social media (where it should go out to pasture, hopefully.)

News of all kinds is no longer news, sports or otherwise.

The obnoxious guy thing has run its course.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I liked Dilfer Dimes. And his analysis. He was very detailed.

ESPN is basically on life support now. Now the "bigs" have major leverage over them when renegotiating TV contracts because ESPN is no longer the entity it once was and can no longer live on its brand alone any longer.

Yesterday Frangie stated that ESPN is still on firm financial ground but eliminated a lot of excess baggage in order to demonstrate to potential creditors and advertisers that they have a handle on things. I would agree with that assessment. The advent of technology has created a paradigm shift across many industries.

I'd assume ESPN is getting killed on the NBA Playoffs.  I'm struggling to watch the NBA anymore now that there are essentially 2 teams.

Look for them to get back into the NHL market.  It' much cheaper and could use some national exposure when their contract comes up for renewal in 4 years.

... I gotta admit that I do like the show Highly Questionable

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Quote:I liked Dilfer Dimes. And his analysis. He was very detailed.

Dilfer talks as if he were the Joe Montana of his era.  Nevertheless, I did like his delivery and strong takes ..... but I couldn't help by think that he really sucked as a QB when he was critiquing other players

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

Lets not forget this is a network that cancelled a highly successful Tim Allen show due to issues that are better discussed in the political forum. ESPN/ABC has lost it's way. At this rate, I am just hoping my kids don't have to see Minnie Mouse with male organs anytime in the future.

I know I've said this before but I'm amazed at how much of the programming on ESPN (and other sports networks) has devolved into 2 or more "personalities" sitting in front of a camera while staring at their smart-phone or laptop and blathering on and on about various athlete's social media posts, rumors and cheap gossip. Occasionally attempting to insert their own misguided opinion on what should have been said or done differently by the athlete in question. 

I find that stuff completely unwatchable and I'm mystified as to how enough people find it entertaining that they continue to land advertisers. 

The dumbing-down of the masses is in full effect apparently. 

[Image: 2irq9op.jpg]

Quote:ESPN is basically on life support now. Now the "bigs" have major leverage over them when renegotiating TV contracts because ESPN is no longer the entity it once was and can no longer live on its brand alone any longer.

Par for the course.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

John Clayton is the latest big fish to be let go..

Sucks. One of the very few ESPN personalities I enjoyed.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]