Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Minshew Mania Lives...

Pretty sure he's at the Mastrole QB Academy in Naples FL.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 09:28 AM by mal234.)

There was an interview that Gardner did a little over a month ago, before the draft with a good friend of his Jake Mangum. I thought it had some interesting information in it. It's a long interview and mentions some things we already know. But here is some interesting information revealed in it.

Gardner says he has been consulting with different people about building up his arm strength. One of the people he's getting advice from is the pitching coach of the Toronto Blue Jays Pete Walker, who is the uncle of one of Gardner's friends. He said he has been picking Pete's head about how he can improve his arm strength and has also been talking to his QB coach and strengthening coach about that. He also talked about getting his body in shape more and about working to maintain a healthy weight/good amount of muscle for himself.

He said he feels good about the weight he is now. (He said he usually wants to be between 225 and 230) He was already looking bigger in this video from a month ago, and now he looks even more sculpted. He mentions the importance of lifting and says he lifts three days a week.

He said he was sick during the week that the Jags beat the Titans on Thursday Night Football. He talked with his friend about getting ready for that short week and the experience of playing that game. He also said he got a pep talk from Erin Andrews during that game and did not want to let her down, lol.

He also mentioned having meetings with DJ Chark and Josh Allen about them being leaders and making sure that they establish a healthy culture for the Jags. And making sure that they help other young players who come to that team develop that mindset as well. He had high praise for Josh Allen. Gardner and his friend talked about how young this Jags team is and some thoughts on how they may perform this upcoming season.

I liked learning about these extra tidbits especially the part of Gardner reaching out to people in Major League baseball. Him and his friend Jake were talking about some similarities between QB's and Pitchers and the importance of strength exercises for arms and shoulders. I think that's cool he's getting advice from the pitching coach of the Blue Jays and I definitely hope he can/will use that advice to make himself a better player. I just continue to like how hard he's working to better himself as a QB. I also like that him, DJ, and Josh are talking about being leaders and trying to guide their young team. That's good stuff, especially considering they are three of the best players on the team.

Here's a link to the full interview with his friend Jake Mangum from April:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfMsvoOoOJM

Looks like he’s been putting in some serious training. Looks stronger for sure.

https://twitter.com/qbcountry/status/126...00129?s=21

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 04:41 PM by MojoKing.)

That’s my quarterback

Guy in comments posted this say it was pre draft. Gotta love the work ethic at least.
https://twitter.com/nickcsellers/status/...36518?s=21

(05-22-2020, 05:15 PM)Jags239 Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 04:41 PM)MojoKing Wrote: That’s my quarterback

Guy in comments posted this say it was pre draft. Gotta love the work ethic at least.
https://twitter.com/nickcsellers/status/...36518?s=21

The picture below was pre draft. The video is now.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 08:52 PM by mal234.)

Colin Cowherd who has been known to be very critical of the Jags and towards Gardner had a more positive segment about him on his show's today. I watched it today when I was off from work. He was basically talking about how good Gardner was looking in the workout video and showed it. He was talking about how even with the way Gardner was looking/playing that a lot of people don't believe that Gardner is a franchise guy. Colin who has said that before modified his opinion today to he's "not sure" if Gardner is one.

But nonetheless he used the video of Gardner to highlight the difference between pro athletes and regular people. He started off the segment telling a story about how some flag football guys got beat by some retired older, football players in the past. And then he segued into talking about Gardner. This is one of the rare time he's complimented Gardner. Here is the segment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He46sDHpNJc&t=25s

I have to say watching the video again at home on the tv, looked even better than it does on the computer. Gardner playing like that looks really good on a big screen, lol. I can't wait to see him play with his teammates, including DJ Chark and Laviska in games.

I hope it works out because Gardner is so likeable and immediately gives this team a face of the franchise.

(This post was last modified: 05-24-2020, 08:57 AM by NH3.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ4z2Ih8k6...e=youtu.be

Minshew Mania

NH3...
"AZANE"

Awesome Hype video.

I believe in Minshew since I watched some film take guys breakfown him from College.

He's a natural leader, accurate thrower and throws his guys open.

Better OC, better QB coach and just his mentality will be gamechangers. He has always fought for every opportunity and this is the biggest as they come.

Go jags and go Minshew. Can't wait to hear more Minshew to Chark.

(05-25-2020, 01:04 PM)icey14 Wrote: Awesome Hype video.

I believe in Minshew since I watched some film take guys breakfown him from College.

He's a natural leader, accurate thrower and throws his guys open.

Better OC, better QB coach and just his mentality will be gamechangers.  He has always fought for every opportunity and this is the biggest as they come.

Go jags and go Minshew.  Can't wait to hear more Minshew to Chark.

^ This.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 07:37 PM by NH3.)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wearejag...574837482/

And the Mania continues. I Luv his path to the NFL...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Minshew has that “it” factor that you want in your franchise QB.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jackson and some others have it too. They are infectious players that raise the level of play of other guys around them.

When Minshew took Foles job late in the year, it just seemed like the entire team played harder and wanted it more.

He doesn’t have to hire a guy name House to teach him how to throw. And he’s out there working. He is going to be a stud muffin this year. He’s getting all the starter reps in practice and he will have the keys to the city. I’m so excited about Chark and Shenault with a little bit of Westbrook here and there. And Fournette is poised to have his best year. Eifert and Oliver at TE. Thompson in open space.

I hope teams under estimate our offense bc they will look at the scoreboard and all of a sudden BANG we’re hanging 38 points on them.

So excited for Henderson, Allen, Jack, Joe, Yan, Hamilton and Scott. Our defense is going to make the other teams earn it.

Keep up the work ethic Minshew Mania!

https://youtu.be/DWXGN9z92Vs

Mississippi Mustache the Documentary.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-23-2020, 12:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I hope it works out because Gardner is so likeable and immediately gives this team a face of the franchise.

So true. We're in desperate need of a public figure QB that is actually good.

(05-27-2020, 03:44 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew has that “it” factor that you want in your franchise QB.

Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Big Ben, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jackson and some others have it too. They are infectious players that raise the level of play of other guys around them.

When Minshew took Foles job late in the year, it just seemed like the entire team played harder and wanted it more.

He doesn’t have to hire a guy name House to teach him how to throw. And he’s out there working. He is going to be a stud muffin this year. He’s getting all the starter reps in practice and he will have the keys to the city. I’m so excited about Chark and Shenault with a little bit of Westbrook here and there. And Fournette is poised to have his best year. Eifert and Oliver at TE. Thompson in open space.

I hope teams under estimate our offense bc they will look at the scoreboard and all of a sudden BANG we’re hanging 38 points on them.

So excited for Henderson, Allen, Jack, Joe, Yan, Hamilton and Scott. Our defense is going to make the other teams earn it.

Keep up the work ethic Minshew Mania!

I love your optimism about Minshew and the team in general. Barring significant injuries, Minshew will eventually lead the Jaguars to their first Super Bowl. As you said, he just has that "it" factor which separates successful quarterbacks from those who never succeed at the NFL level. His intelligence, leadership, work ethic and competitive drive are off the charts. His arm strength may not be elite, but he can make all the necessary throws to succeed. 

The 2020-21 season will be a very difficult one for the Jaguars. Despite my optimism about Minshew, the Jags will enter the season with the youngest and most inexperienced team in the league. Most likely, training camp will be shortened which will hinder the adjustment of the rookies. Gruden will not have as much time to teach his offensive scheme. However, I do expect that by mid-season we will begin seeing signs that the future (beginning in 2021-22) will be very bright. Henderson, Chaisson and Shennault are unique talents who will thrive after the typical rookie "growing pains." Add in two top 10 draft choices (the Rams will be awful),and a very favorable salary cap situation (Fournette, Norwell, Hayden and Cam Robinson are likely to be replaced after the season) and the arrow should be pointing straight up. If Yannick has a good season, you can add in a 3rd first rounder which would make things even better.

it will have to wait until next year. The nfl will end up canceling this season even though they keep saying they won't. theres already been a report of a bunch of players from the bucs who have convi 19 which is very unfornatte for the peoples helath. its being said its all players who were at the pratice failitly.

I been saying al along nfl will cancel this season. you will all belieave me when it happens.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(06-23-2020, 03:46 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: it will have to wait until next year. The nfl will end up canceling this season even though they keep saying they won't. theres already been a report of a bunch of players from the bucs who have convi 19 which is very unfornatte for the peoples helath. its being said its all players who were at the pratice failitly.

I been saying al along nfl will cancel this season. you will all belieave me when it happens.

And what will you do when it doesn't?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-24-2020, 06:23 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 03:46 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: it will have to wait until next year. The nfl will end up canceling this season even though they keep saying they won't. theres already been a report of a bunch of players from the bucs who have convi 19 which is very unfornatte for the peoples helath. its being said its all players who were at the pratice failitly.

And what will you do when it doesn't?

if nfl has a season i will be shocked and think its a stupied idea cause its putting to many peoples lives in danger with high eisk of getting convi-19. I  don't want anyone getting that. I care about the people more then i do ou entermainment right now.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Minshew Mania will be evident and in the forefront as Training Camp will open as expected and on time.

NH3...
"AZANE"