Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cap room left

Taking a glance at "over the cap", based off the Ngaouke situation; we have anywhere between 21 and 38 million in cap room left.  That is factoring in CUTTING Marquise Lee.  You all think we are DONE in first wave FA or what?  I would love to see us make a move for a Safety (Clinton-Dix?) and Tight End (Ebron? Trade for Njoku?)  

Either way, with jettisoning Foles (Yay), Campbell(Sad, but understandable), and having a TON of cap room starting next year along with 2 1st rounders....its exciting to see what happens in the next few weeks.  Yall got ideas on what yall wanna see happen?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-19-2020, 08:14 AM)NCJag Wrote: Taking a glance at "over the cap", based off the Ngaouke situation; we have anywhere between 21 and 38 million in cap room left.  That is factoring in CUTTING Marquise Lee.  You all think we are DONE in first wave FA or what?  I would love to see us make a move for a Safety (Clinton-Dix?) and Tight End (Ebron? Trade for Njoku?)  

Either way, with jettisoning Foles (Yay), Campbell(Sad, but understandable), and having a TON of cap room starting next year along with 2 1st rounders....its exciting to see what happens in the next few weeks.  Yall got ideas on what yall wanna see happen?

So far I like what they are doing- just plugging holes so we don't have overriding major needs heading into the draft.  The biggest major hole we have now is at TE, so I would like to hire an average TE from free agency.

Sign anyone you desire but cut wayyyyyy back on the guaranteed $.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-19-2020, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:14 AM)NCJag Wrote: Taking a glance at "over the cap", based off the Ngaouke situation; we have anywhere between 21 and 38 million in cap room left.  That is factoring in CUTTING Marquise Lee.  You all think we are DONE in first wave FA or what?  I would love to see us make a move for a Safety (Clinton-Dix?) and Tight End (Ebron? Trade for Njoku?)  

So far I like what they are doing- just plugging holes so we don't have overriding major needs heading into the draft.  The biggest major hole we have now is at TE, so I would like to hire an average TE from free agency.

I like it too.  Don't spend massively, and have no GLARING holes going into the draft.  TE is still a MAJOR gap but there is still time before the draft and its a deep draft for them.  Im still curious as to how the Yan situation is going to play out.  Im honestly over it.  The guy does NOT want to be here. If hes going to be malcontent, get rid of him.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I am perplexed why they have not let Marqise Lee go. Are they going to keep him? He's entering into his 3rd year of the 4 year contract, and has no more guaranteed money due to him in the deal. He is due a $750,000 roster bonus at a certain date. If they were planning to release him, they would want to do it before the roster bonus is due.

I like that a post about CAP uses some of the most random All-CAPs out there.   Big Grin 

I figure we'll bring in one or two mid-range guys. I don't understand how Lee is still on the roster, though. We probably need to earmark some of the cap for the following season, I think Chark/Dede are coming due, in particular. Fournette is also in his last year, unless they opt for the fifth-year option, which may be around $10M.

(03-19-2020, 08:38 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I am perplexed why they have not let Marqise Lee go.  Are they going to keep him?  He's entering into his 3rd year of the 4 year contract, and has no more guaranteed money due to him in the deal.  He is due a $750,000 roster bonus at a certain date.  If they were planning to release him, they would want to do it before the roster bonus is due.

Maybe they are looking for someone willing to trade for him before they let him go for nothing? The only thing I think of.

(03-19-2020, 08:38 AM)ATLjag Wrote: I am perplexed why they have not let Marqise Lee go.  Are they going to keep him?  He's entering into his 3rd year of the 4 year contract, and has no more guaranteed money due to him in the deal.  He is due a $750,000 roster bonus at a certain date.  If they were planning to release him, they would want to do it before the roster bonus is due.

Maybe they can't cut him because he's injured?  I wonder what the rule on that is, and if it plays into the decision.

(03-19-2020, 09:01 AM)NCJag Wrote:

Maybe they are looking for someone willing to trade for him before they let him go for nothing? The only thing I think of.

Makes sense. Trying to flip him for a later round pick makes more sense than just cutting him right away. Worst case you just cut him at the last minute before that bonus date.

(03-19-2020, 09:04 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:01 AM)NCJag Wrote: Maybe they are looking for someone willing to trade for him before they let him go for nothing? The only thing I think of.

Makes sense. Trying to flip him for a later round pick makes more sense than just cutting him right away. Worst case you just cut him at the last minute before that bonus date.

I don't think anyone would pick up that contract.

(03-19-2020, 09:02 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:

Maybe they can't cut him because he's injured?  I wonder what the rule on that is, and if it plays into the decision.

Probably just waiting till after the draft.

or...

They may simply want to have him in camp to evaluate the group before making the call.  As far as I can tell, the only thing he may be due early is a 750K roster bonus and they could still save 6.5 million by cutting him before the season begins.

(03-19-2020, 09:16 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeABCColumbia/stat...0400558081

Nice. He's solid depth up front. 

(I wish '02 were here to argue that with me as was our annual tradition)
Sad

(03-19-2020, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:16 AM)MikePete54 Wrote: https://twitter.com/MikeABCColumbia/stat...0400558081

Nice. He's solid depth up front. 

Sad

He really is.  I never really noticed a drop off with him in the line up either at guard or center. He's a quality backup player that can play multiple spots in a pinch and is super cheap. What's not to like?

If we don't trade any of our picks, we gotta factor in potentially paying 12-14 rookies. (How u say.. Factoring in a Yan trade)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(03-19-2020, 11:02 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: If we don't trade any of our picks, we gotta factor in potentially paying 12-14 rookies. (How u say.. Factoring in a Yan trade)

Agreed, but will we retain all of the drafted rookies. I hope that we draft well enough to do so while that'll also mean that we'll be releasing veterans as well.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(03-19-2020, 11:02 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: If we don't trade any of our picks, we gotta factor in potentially paying 12-14 rookies. (How u say.. Factoring in a Yan trade)

Rookies are paid way less than veterans, so if we wind up paying 12-14 rookies, our cap should go down.

(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 11:47 AM by Upper.)

(03-19-2020, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nice. He's solid depth up front. 

Sad

I'm not arguing that he is or isn't, but "solid depth" would be starting over a player of Cann's ability if that was the case.

(03-19-2020, 11:47 AM)Upper Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 09:47 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Nice. He's solid depth up front. 

Sad

I'm not arguing that he is or isn't, but "solid depth" would be starting over a player of Cann's ability if that was the case.

Meh.  I dislike Cann starting as much as the next guy, but Cann, Shatley and Richardson (at this point) are all "solid depth" in my book.  I like them all fine as backups.  Don't want them starting. They're on the same tier. 

(obviously Richardson may still develop even if unlikely)

Depending on how much salary the Rams are willing to take on, I would trade a 4th for Cooks.