Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cabin Fever

Not yet but soon, I fear...been stuck in the house for a week now. 

A friend of mine said he put a beer in each room of his house last night and called it a pub crawl.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Do what everyone else is doing, go to Home Depot or Lowe's. Those places are packed. I'm headed back again today.

I head to the backyard and chip about 40 golf balls twice a day and spend too much time online window shopping eBay for things I can't afford to buy until I'm back to work.

Pretty soon it's going to get real weird and I may actually have to buckle up and attack that *gulp* to-do list.

I enjoy walking into a crowded grocery store and suddenly yelling, "HEY, THEY'VE GOT TOILET PAPER IN ISLE 6".
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 03-22-2020, 01:31 PM by surfon.)

Well all my plant beds might actually be weeded for once. Too bad there isn't a weed virus China could start up.

This weather is also crazy hot for this time of year.

I'm binging like crazy. Dirty Money, Safe, The Five and Better Call Saul queued up. I'm also listening to Michael Connelly audio books courtesy of the Nashville Public Library.

Also vaping a bit too much cannabis oil and drinking, though at least waiting until after 6 pm for my first dirty vodka martini.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I've put a huge dent in my yard work. I mowed, trimmed, edged, pruned, fertilized and watered yesterday. The wife and I got some more flowers today and those are now planted after I power washed and painted a couple of my earthenware pots. The back of my neck is actually sunburned a little. It's been a productive weekend.

(03-22-2020, 09:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've put a huge dent in my yard work. I mowed, trimmed, edged, pruned, fertilized and watered yesterday. The wife and I got some more flowers today and those are now planted after I power washed and painted a couple of my earthenware pots. The back of my neck is actually sunburned a little. It's been a productive weekend.

Man u were on it, I got bunches of flowers and pepper seeds started up.  Still way too damn hot for this time of year.  NYC might be calling you for some motivation.  Now getcha a friggin beer.

Work from home just starts tomorrow.

I dusted off the Fresno Scraper. 

Not boring at all.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 05:24 AM by The Real Marty.)

I do yard work, and play chess on the computer.   My chess is like everything else I do: totally mediocre. 

https://www.chess.com/play/computer

I do a little yard work, and take long walks around the neighborhood.  I need to get up on the roof and blow off all the oak tree pollen which has fallen like a thick blanket.  I am not looking forward to that.

I am staying away from everyone except my wife.  We've been to the store and stocked enough stuff for at least a month.

I went out back and cleaned up the bike shed. Came in covered in pollen and woke up this morning with Coronavirus symptoms as a result. Thanks Great Outdoors!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(03-23-2020, 07:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I went out back and cleaned up the bike shed. Came in covered in pollen and woke up this morning with Coronavirus symptoms as a result. Thanks Great Outdoors!

I was using the bag on my mower to vacuum up dead leaves piled under a tall viburnum hedge. Thankfully I don’t have pollen allergies because there was a literal fog of pollen as I disturbed the branches overhead. No sneezes, but my throat was scratchy for a couple of hours afterwards as I wondered if I had finally contracted the scourge of humanity.

TRM- I tried the chess games, lost 2 matches at Level 2. Oh well.

The governor here in Massachusetts just closed all non-essential businesses for 2 weeks. Luckily he left liquor stores open and the one near me has curbside pickup on their app- just order and pay online. They come out and put it into the car, very cool.

Was going to play golf tomorrow- 9 holes walking but that may be off. One guy suggested we go to the Topsfield Fairgrounds, sit at separate picnic tables, drink bourbon and smoke cigars. This is not a bad option although it's 37 degrees.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

I go out to my property and more-or-less just kind of "hang out" a bit just to get some fresh air and sun.  It's a double edged sword though because oak pollen messes up my sinuses and the count is high right now.  We need some rain.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 04:56 PM by Jags.)

(03-22-2020, 09:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I've put a huge dent in my yard work. I mowed, trimmed, edged, pruned, fertilized and watered yesterday. The wife and I got some more flowers today and those are now planted after I power washed and painted a couple of my earthenware pots. The back of my neck is actually sunburned a little. It's been a productive weekend.

Something tells me you put a bit of “Lawn boy magic” on it too!   I can’t quite explain what that is. But it’s real!

Last week was scheduled to be off. But at Disney. Sitting at home with wife and kid after our short weekend at her family’s place I was about to go insane. Mowed 24 today. And man, did it feel good to be out working. Weather was fantastic and got to “cut up” pardon the pun with the crew.

At 9:00 am I almost posted in the other thread. Hour and a half in and we had 6 done.

(03-23-2020, 04:52 PM)Jags Wrote:

Something tells me you put a bit of “Lawn boy magic” on it too!   I can’t quite explain what that is. But it’s real!

Last week was scheduled to be off.  But at Disney.  Sitting at home with wife and kid after our short weekend at her family’s place I was about to go insane.  Mowed 24 today.  And man, did it feel good to be out working.  Weather was fantastic and got to “cut up” pardon the pun with the crew.  

At 9:00 am I almost posted in the other thread.  Hour and a half in and we had 6 done.

My work has been completely unaffected as well. But that's fine, since it's probably the safest place I can possibly be.

I've begun the to-do list and productivity portion of staying home.

I think I liked being bored better than this drudgery.

I'm stuck at home, but at least my wife and daughters are too. My work is shut down for the forseeable future. Mostly making sure my daughters do the assignments they aren't required to do and might not even be graded on, just in hopes they don't fall so far behind.

(03-23-2020, 09:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 04:52 PM)Jags Wrote: Something tells me you put a bit of “Lawn boy magic” on it too!   I can’t quite explain what that is. But it’s real!

Last week was scheduled to be off.  But at Disney.  Sitting at home with wife and kid after our short weekend at her family’s place I was about to go insane.  Mowed 24 today.  And man, did it feel good to be out working.  Weather was fantastic and got to “cut up” pardon the pun with the crew.  

At 9:00 am I almost posted in the other thread.  Hour and a half in and we had 6 done.

My work has been completely unaffected as well. But that's fine, since it's probably the safest place I can possibly be.

I would love to have your occupation, though in today's world it's pretty difficult to start something up like that.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(03-24-2020, 02:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 09:32 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: My work has been completely unaffected as well. But that's fine, since it's probably the safest place I can possibly be.

I would love to have your occupation, though in today's world it's pretty difficult to start something up like that.

Why is that? Lots of land for sale in Madera County, come on out.