Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cabin Fever

(03-29-2020, 07:46 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 04:05 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Under strict social distancing guidelines of course!

They say if you cover yourself in jello it is okay.

Mix vodka with the jello, and it’s almost like hand sanitizer!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I've been building puzzles for the first time in years. I had six or seven in the top of the hall closet that had never been opened.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(03-28-2020, 07:33 AM)Jags Wrote: So, what are your plans for when life goes back to normal? What’s the thing you miss or are missing most (aside from money)

Are you itching to get back to school or work for the socialization? Wanting to go to a favorite restaurant? See a movie?  What’s the first thing you’re going to do?

I live in a remote rural area, never married and no kids. I've always been something of a hermit, so I guess I've been training for this most of my adult life. Life is pretty much normal for me now. As long as I have broadband and the federal government stays solvent, I should be ok.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 09:46 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

Fortunately I’m still able to work during all of this. I hope everyone on Here can have a safe quarantine and return back to work, or at least be paid for their time off.

I work at home off and on anyway. Now just doing it permanently. My main issue now is just extreme boredom. We normally go out to dinner on Friday and Saturday night and breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning. Not now, getting it 'to go' just isn't the same. I did spend all weekend pressure washing. The house and garage look fantastic.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 10:24 AM by Mikey.)

(03-28-2020, 07:33 AM)Jags Wrote: So, what are your plans for when life goes back to normal? What’s the thing you miss or are missing most (aside from money)

Are you itching to get back to school or work for the socialization? Wanting to go to a favorite restaurant? See a movie?  What’s the first thing you’re going to do?

We've made first round of the darft at the local brewpub a tradition. I fully expect that not to happen this year, but I really want to get to a point where I can go to the pub, get some food, enjoy some libations, and not worry about whether or not my server checked their temperature before clocking in.

Not looking forward to all the kids ending up sick the week they return to school because they've been apart from others' germs for months.

(03-30-2020, 08:01 AM)Rico Wrote: I've been building puzzles for the first time in years.  I had six or seven in the top of the hall closet that had never been opened.

I am an avid puzzle assembler, and unfortunately my youngest is too young to do more than help pick out border pieces and my oldest gives up the second they become challenging.

I've still knocked out a few over the past couple of weekends.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 10:27 AM by RicoTx.)

(03-30-2020, 10:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:

We've made first round of the darft at the local brewpub a tradition. I fully expect that not to happen this year, but I really want to get to a point where I can go to the pub, get some food, enjoy some libations, and not worry about whether or not my server checked their temperature before clocking in.

Not looking forward to all the kids ending up sick the week they return to school because they've been apart from others' germs for months.

(03-30-2020, 08:01 AM)Rico Wrote: I've been building puzzles for the first time in years.  I had six or seven in the top of the hall closet that had never been opened.

I am an avid puzzle assembler, and unfortunately my youngest is too young to do more than help pick out border pieces and my oldest gives up the second they become challenging.

My biggest problem with puzzles is that my Lab likes to sneak his face up on the table and eat the pieces.  We thought maybe he had gotten over it since he's now two.  Nope, the puzzle we finished on Saturday had 15 pieces missing (and two chewed ones that weren't missing).  He must be sneaking out there at night because we haven't actually seen him doing it.  We started covering the one that we started on Saturday night.

Due to the extra time and lessened work load I now have no more brass, powder, primers or bullets Sad Angry . I have reloaded everything. I do on the other hand have a [BLEEP] ton of ammunition. Banana
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-30-2020, 10:27 AM)Rico Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 10:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: We've made first round of the darft at the local brewpub a tradition. I fully expect that not to happen this year, but I really want to get to a point where I can go to the pub, get some food, enjoy some libations, and not worry about whether or not my server checked their temperature before clocking in.

My biggest problem with puzzles is that my Lab likes to sneak his face up on the table and eat the pieces.  We thought maybe he had gotten over it since he's now two.  Nope, the puzzle we finished on Saturday had 15 pieces missing (and two chewed ones that weren't missing).  He must be sneaking out there at night because we haven't actually seen him doing it.  We started covering the one that we started on Saturday night.

You'll have to follow him around with a baggie for the next few days.

I like to put the Thomas Kincaid puzzles together in my boring winter season. I like his paintings. I’ve tried other puzzles, but they don’t seem as enjoyable.

I guess I'm going to go saw vine crowns. 

Be envious.

(This post was last modified: 03-30-2020, 04:44 PM by Jags.)

(03-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I guess I'm going to go saw vine crowns. 

Be envious.

I forget you are 3 hrs behind.  You get going on that,  unfortunately, I’ll have to get going on a cold beer.

(03-30-2020, 04:43 PM)Jags Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 04:34 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I guess I'm going to go saw vine crowns. 

Be envious.

I forget you are 3 hrs behind.  You get going on that,  unfortunately, I’ll have to get going on a cold beer.

3 hours behind and waiting on the weather. Normally I'd be pretty busy by now but we've had two storms slow down growth so I've kinda been in a holding pattern.

(03-30-2020, 04:47 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(03-30-2020, 04:43 PM)Jags Wrote: I forget you are 3 hrs behind.  You get going on that,  unfortunately, I’ll have to get going on a cold beer.

3 hours behind and waiting on the weather. Normally I'd be pretty busy by now but we've had two storms slow down growth so I've kinda been in a holding pattern.

That sucks.  I can understand the frustration of being put on hold for weather.  When you’re done with the storms, send them our way.  We can really use it.

Working.. As part of the DoD, we got deemed essential.. Bittersweet..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I'm wfh until April 30th. Staying home because I have to, as opposed to wanting to, makes me feel like a prisoner. Then I tell myself "Shut up, homie. You're still drawing a paycheck while sitting in your favorite chair. Be grateful." 

That's just one of many conversations I have with myself.

How many times can I sit here and play chess on the computer without getting any better at chess? Apparently, a lot.

(03-31-2020, 11:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How many times can I sit here and play chess on the computer without getting any better at chess?  Apparently, a lot.

The best way to improve is to study the Grand Masters' and their opening moves.

(03-31-2020, 11:37 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: How many times can I sit here and play chess on the computer without getting any better at chess?  Apparently, a lot.

Marty did you ever learn some openings? Just 1 or 2 pet ones will make a big difference.

(This post was last modified: 03-31-2020, 04:19 PM by The Real Marty.)

(03-31-2020, 03:35 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

Marty did you ever learn some openings? Just 1 or 2 pet ones will make a big difference.

Yes, I do know a few openings.  I know the most popular ones for at least 5 or 6 moves, and I can usually refute the more obscure ones.  

On that website, you can have your game analyzed, and I've started doing that.  And what is really amazing is how many times I fail to notice something that is obvious, and how many absolute blunders there are by both sides.  They rate the moves as best, good, inaccurate, mistake, blunder, and show you what they think you should have done.  I usually just look at the blunders and they are so obvious it's really surprising and humbling.  

My main weakness in chess is carelessness.  Carelessness which is caused by laziness.