Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pass rush finally hitting home

It took some reps but these guys are finally collapsing a pocket. They did very little of it week one but against the Chargers we saw it improve and today it was continuous.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016, 12:33 AM by JagFanatic24.)

If Fowler don't jump we win. The defense held them under 20, so I'd say the defense played decent.

This one was on Blake, offensively.

One of the announcers said that the Jags lead the league in sack-fumbles since Gus got here. Not sure if it's right, but Ngakoue looks promising. 

Quote:One of the announcers said that the Jags lead the league in sack-fumbles since Gus got here. Not sure if it's right, but Ngakoue looks promising.
Seems like we're getting one every week

Quote:One of the announcers said that the Jags lead the league in sack-fumbles since Gus got here. Not sure if it's right, but Ngakoue looks promising. 
2 sacks already for Ngakoue.

Quote:One of the announcers said that the Jags lead the league in sack-fumbles since Gus got here. Not sure if it's right, but Ngakoue looks promising.

Yannick is taking advantage of OCs doubling Malik or Fowler.

Fowler was held on two would be sacks yesterday and Ngakoue continues to show good bend and speed around the edge.

Jackson moved his guy back or got around him pretty consistently too.

Good signs defensively.

Lol, we have sporadic pressure. Never consistent. Flacco had plenty of time.

Quote:Lol, we have sporadic pressure. Never consistent. Flacco had plenty of time.

Its not a dominant rush yet since these guys are young. But the positive thing is you can see the talent, and the tackles are starting to recognize it too with them committing false starts and holding. Those may not count as sacks, but that shows the attention these two guys are getting now.

Quote:Lol, we have sporadic pressure. Never consistent. Flacco had plenty of time.

If nothing else, this is still a marked improvement over where we used to be pressure-wise.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Are we agreeing on something positive about this team? That's not allowed here!

He had 214 no TDs and 2 ints. When Joe Flacco has "plenty of time" he puts up better numbers than that. The pass rush was not the reason we lost yesterday.

Rookie pass rushers take a while to develop.  When we went into the season with essentially Fowler and Yonnick as the guys i knew it would take time to gell.  We aren't the Broncos, far from it, but yesterday the flashes became more condensed.  There was a series of four or five plays before Ngakoue got his strip sack where you could tell that it was just a matter of time, the way he was beating stanley to the spot.  He put the ball on the ground, Fowler hit Flaccos arm and caused the pick that Poz had.  He also forced a couple holding penalties i believe.  It's not great, but you started to see signs of life from the pass rush this game and it has been getting better each week.  The front line guys are not only young, but they had few reps in the offseason. 

It was on Blake to carry us while the front seven raced to Maturity.  needless to say i am dissapointed. 

Quote:He had 214 no TDs and 2 ints. When Joe Flacco has "plenty of time" he puts up better numbers than that. The pass rush was not the reason we lost yesterday.

Lol, he completed 22 passes in a row. He was very comfortable.

Quote:Lol, he completed 22 passes in a row. He was very comfortable.
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2016, 12:04 PM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

[quote name="BklynJag" post="835789" timestamp="1474904553"]

Lol, he completed 22 passes in a row. He was very comfortable.[/quot

5.4 yards per attempt

Captain Checkdown?  Confusedweat:

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Lol, he completed 22 passes in a row. He was very comfortable.

Cant get therevwhen he kept checking it down. No pass rush is that fast.