Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
CB Tiers

Okudah is clearly by himself, but how does it breakdown after that?

Okudah

Henderson/Gladney
Fulton/Igbinoghene/Diggs
Terrell/Johnson/Dantzler
Arnette/Hall/Pride Jr.

Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Okudah is clear cut the number one. For sure.

I actually like Terrell more than Fulton though. I would put him up there with Diggs. Arnette and Johnson are about the same as Dantzler for me. The rest of those guys. Including Gladney. Haven't seen enough of them.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

I started looking more into Gladney yesterday and really liked what I saw

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2020, 10:01 AM by ColoJag.)

Okudah

Henderson/Gladney

Hall/Arnette/Fulton

Igbinoghene/Johnson

Dantzler/Diggs/Terrell

Pride Jr.

That's my ranking

Henderson is the clear 2 imo.

It seems like there's a big gap between Okudah and Handerson, who is clearly number 2. There's another big gap between Henderson and the next group. Gladney seems solid, but having both him and Herndon makes it difficult to cover the bigger wide receivers they will face, Diggs has the best size among the 3rd tier and that's why they may favor him.

Due to the big gap between Henderson and the next group, it would be wise to make sure they get Henderson with their 2nd first rounder- even if it means having to move up 3 or 4 spots. It would be worth it even after having to part with a couple 4th rounders or a 4th and a 5th.

Okudah is in a tier by himself. I think Henderson is also in a tier by himself. I think the third tier has like 8 corners in it and depending on which ranks you're looking at they will be in darn near any order. Diggs and Noah I would be the two I want most at the top of the 2nd round.

I like Hall and Arnette for this team.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

1. Okudah

2. Henderson
3. Diggs/Gladney/Fulton/Igbinoghene
4. Terrell/Arnette/Hall/Dantzler
5. Pride Jr./Johnson/

*Spacing is indicative of talent also according to me.

For those who are ranking Terrell in the lower tiers, can you tell me what you don’t like?

Is it because he had a bad game against LSU?

(04-02-2020, 09:36 AM)JNev Wrote: Okudah is clearly by himself, but how does it breakdown after that?

Okudah

Henderson/Gladney
Fulton/Igbinoghene/Diggs
Terrell/Johnson/Dantzler
Arnette/Hall/Pride Jr.

Thoughts?

I'm not far off. I'd say:

1. Okudah
2. Henderson
3. Gladney, Fulton, Diggs
4. Igbinoghene, Terrell, Johnson, Arnette
5. Hall, Dantzler
6. Pride Jr, Robertson

We definitely need to get one from those top 5 tiers.

If Okudah is in a tier all his own and could arguably be considered one of the few “Elite” prospects in this years draft, would anyone be willing to trade up for him to say #3? If so what would you be willing to give up to get him?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He falls to 9 in like 50% of the mocks I do. I’d trade up a few spots, but trading up to 3 is reserved for taking a QB

(This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 02:44 PM by knarnn.)

(04-03-2020, 01:20 PM)JNev Wrote: He falls to 9 in like 50% of the mocks I do. I’d trade up a few spots, but trading up to 3 is reserved for taking a QB

I tend to agree. But I don’t see the Lions passing on him outside of a trade back. Especially after trading away Slay and Trufant isn’t anywhere close to his level.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-03-2020, 02:42 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 01:20 PM)JNev Wrote: He falls to 9 in like 50% of the mocks I do. I’d trade up a few spots, but trading up to 3 is reserved for taking a QB

I tend to agree. But I don’t see the Lions passing on him outside of a trade back. Especially after trading away Slay and Trufant isn’t anywhere close to his level.

Yea, Okudah to Detroit should be a slam dunk. They desperately need a corner and he's a top 3 player in this class.

I think it’s extremely likely someone trades up to their spot taking a QB. Hopefully it’s far back enough we can still get Okudah or a spot cheaper to trade up to

(04-03-2020, 01:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: If Okudah is in a tier all his own and could arguably be considered one of the few “Elite” prospects in this years draft, would anyone be willing to trade up for him to say #3? If so what would you be willing to give up to get him?

not a chance.

gonna cost a fortune to get up there, and no team won a SB because they had a fantastic corner.

(04-03-2020, 01:18 PM)knarnn Wrote: If Okudah is in a tier all his own and could arguably be considered one of the few “Elite” prospects in this years draft, would anyone be willing to trade up for him to say #3? If so what would you be willing to give up to get him?

No thank you.  I like Okudah but Simmons and Brown are right there as prospects imo.

I know some of you will roll your eyes at anything from PFF, but this is pretty interesting: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-...-situation

It looks at CB prospects stats and ratings in different passing situations.

My main takeaways:
- Holy batman Amik Robertson! Someone is gonna get a great nickel CB, wouldn't surprise me to see him go Day 2. He has tape and stats to back him up. How much higher would he be on draft boards if he was 6ft tall?
- Kristian Fulton comes out of this well, up there in most lists. Faced the highest level of competition too. Same can be said for Trevon Diggs. I know many disagree, but I think Fulton is a likely pick at 20. I would be OK with it. Not thrilled, but OK.
- Few names notable by their absence: Dantzler is only on 1 list, Igbinoghene not on any. Not sure if it's worth reading too much into it, but interesting.

(04-04-2020, 12:18 PM)JagJohn Wrote: I know some of you will roll your eyes at anything from PFF, but this is pretty interesting: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-...-situation

It looks at CB prospects stats and ratings in different passing situations.

My main takeaways:
- Holy batman Amik Robertson! Someone is gonna get a great nickel CB, wouldn't surprise me to see him go Day 2. He has tape and stats to back him up. How much higher would he be on draft boards if he was 6ft tall?
- Kristian Fulton comes out of this well, up there in most lists. Faced the highest level of competition too. Same can be said for Trevon Diggs. I know many disagree, but I think Fulton is a likely pick at 20. I would be OK with it. Not thrilled, but OK.
- Few names notable by their absence: Dantzler is only on 1 list, Igbinoghene not on any. Not sure if it's worth reading too much into it, but interesting.

Yep Fulton shows out really well in a lot of these. Backs up the high level film vs great competition