Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

I hope we can trade down 5-6 spots and steal a second to use on a safety like Davis or Winfield.

Would you trade 9 to Miami for 18 and 26? Rumblings are if they do take a OT with their first pick, they’ll trade those two to move up if a qb falls.

Tempting, but we’d miss out on the top two CB, top three WR, and likely the five best tackles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2020, 03:37 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/natalieegenolf/statu...57601?s=21

“Previously undisclosed”

Sounds a lot like the Eagles are leaking false info in hopes that Jeudy will drop to them at #21

(04-22-2020, 05:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 03:37 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/natalieegenolf/statu...57601?s=21

“Previously undisclosed”

Sounds a lot like the Eagles are leaking false info in hopes that Jeudy will drop to them at #21

I'm not buying this as anything serious. 

If you saw his last game aainst Michigan, he showed no sign of an injusry, and I have seen no reports of any injury this pre draft season until now.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-22-2020, 05:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Sounds a lot like the Eagles are leaking false info in hopes that Jeudy will drop to them at #21

I'm not buying this as anything serious. 

If you saw his last game aainst Michigan, he showed no sign of an injusry, and I have seen no reports of any injury this pre draft season until now.

Jeudy was also running routes for Tua in Tua's "pro day" video that was held on April 9th. I highly doubt he's out there running routes if he had some worrisome knee injury.

(04-22-2020, 05:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:35 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm not buying this as anything serious. 

Jeudy was also running routes for Tua in Tua's "pro day" video that was held on April 9th. I highly doubt he's out there running routes if he had some worrisome knee injury.

Based upon the way most outside observers project the board to go, I expect lots of good choices for us at 9, including Jeudy.  There is talk that some teams nay try to trade up above us to get a WR, but I don't see it in such a deep WR class.

Barring Tua or Young/Okuda being there at 9 (Young DEFINITELY won't be there), I would be reasonably happy with Jeudy, Thomas, Wirfs, Brown, Simmons, maybe even Kinlaw or Ruggs.  If all of those guys are there, I could see a trade down and still land one of thise guys.

(04-22-2020, 06:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Jeudy was also running routes for Tua in Tua's "pro day" video that was held on April 9th. I highly doubt he's out there running routes if he had some worrisome knee injury.

Based upon the way most outside observers project the board to go, I expect lots of good choices for us at 9, including Jeudy.  There is talk that some teams nay try to trade up above us to get a WR, but I don't see it in such a deep WR class.

Barring Tua or Young/Okuda being there at 9 (Young DEFINITELY won't be there), I would be reasonably happy with Jeudy, Thomas, Wirfs, Brown, Simmons, maybe even Kinlaw or Ruggs.  If all of those guys are there, I could see a trade down and still land one of thise guys.

Yup, there's a lot of different ways that we could go in the 1st round. Having two picks (as well as a bunch of picks in general) we have the ammo to do just about whatever we want. Whether they want to trade up, or down, or just stay put. There's plenty of options and it makes for what should be a very fun/interesting draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-up-fifth/

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

(04-22-2020, 06:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:56 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Jeudy was also running routes for Tua in Tua's "pro day" video that was held on April 9th. I highly doubt he's out there running routes if he had some worrisome knee injury.

We are guaranteed one of: Brown, Simmons, Wirfs, Jeudy, Okudah, Thomas, Lamb. (Burrow/Young gone)

And if Tua/Herbert go top 9 like many think that opens up more than 1 of those guys being there.

I would be very happy with Okudah/Simmons/Brown/Wirfs

But I'd also be happy with Thomas or the #1 WR.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:15 PM by Bullseye.)

(04-22-2020, 06:46 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...-up-fifth/

Report: Dolphins trying to get to third pick without giving up fifth

If I'm Detroit, if my primary goal is to get a CB. I'm not sure I don't take a deal from Miami that involves both of their bottom firsts and a second.

There would be several second tier CBs in that range.

But to me, trading down from 3 all the way down to 18 is too far.

If Miami could pull that off, Tua and Thomas would seem to be a logical pairing for them.

(04-22-2020, 06:50 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 06:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Based upon the way most outside observers project the board to go, I expect lots of good choices for us at 9, including Jeudy.  There is talk that some teams nay try to trade up above us to get a WR, but I don't see it in such a deep WR class.

We are guaranteed one of: Brown, Simmons, Wirfs, Jeudy, Okudah, Thomas, Lamb. (Burrow/Young gone)

And if Tua/Herbert go top 9 like many think that opens up more than 1 of those guys being there.

I would be very happy with Okudah/Simmons/Brown/Wirfs

But I'd also be happy with Thomas or the #1 WR.
Agreed completely.

We are in a pretty good position this year.  One of the few times that ihas been the case.

Even if the unexpected happens and the twp QBs are still on the board, we could take Tua (which would make me happy) or there should still be at least 3-4 of the position players you listed above available to us.  Perhaps we have fewer if not different trade down offers but we'd still be in a good position.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-...y-pauline/

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:56 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...50689?s=21

https://twitter.com/pschrags/status/1253...41863?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-22-2020, 07:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...50689?s=21

https://twitter.com/pschrags/status/1253...41863?s=21

I read a scouting report on him indicating he excels at running after the catch. 

Interesting.

But can he get open, run routes, separate, and catch?

Canforna (take that for what you will) says the Jags Nd Giants have had talks about a trade of 4 and 9.

No other details involved but he said it could be for a WB.

(04-22-2020, 10:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Canforna (take that for what you will) says the Jags Nd Giants have had talks about a trade of 4 and 9.

Wing Back? Wide Body? Wild Boy?

I'll assume you mean QB since W is right next to Q and it was likely a typo?

If that's the case, if this franchise trades up to #4 for a QB that isn't named Burrow.... I [BLEEP] swear LOL. What a complete clown show move that'd be.

(04-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:18 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Canforna (take that for what you will) says the Jags Nd Giants have had talks about a trade of 4 and 9.

Wing Back? Wide Body? Wild Boy?

If that's the case, if this franchise trades up to #4 for a QB that isn't named Burrow.... I [BLEEP] swear LOL. What a complete clown show move that'd be.

If it's Tua, I could deal with that.

If it's Herbert?  I would have to jump off a bridge!

(04-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Wing Back? Wide Body? Wild Boy?

I couldn't get behind either of them at #9... Trading up from #9 to get one of them would be even worse.  Sick

(04-22-2020, 11:09 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote: If it's Tua, I could deal with that.

I couldn't get behind either of them at #9... Trading up from #9 to get one of them would be even worse.  Sick

I have to agree

(04-22-2020, 11:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:54 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Wing Back? Wide Body? Wild Boy?

If Tua's there at #9 and Okudah and Brown are gone, I take him, but I'm against trading up for anyone except Burrow or Okudah. If we traded up for Herbert, that might be the move that sends me over the edge. I know I have no confidence in this front office, but lets hope they aren't that dumb.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/a...koue-Trade

(04-22-2020, 11:47 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 10:32 AM)ColoJag Wrote: "I don't think the Jaguars leave the first round without a quarterback," one AFC scout said.

Mike Freeman mock draft this morning.....had us taking Jalen Hurts after trading from 9 to 23.....which bridge should we jump off of if this happened?

The highest one I could possibly find. I don't wanna take a chance of surviving the fall.

Dames Point
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~