Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

So what would you do with 19 if we got it from the Raiders?

If we wound up with three first round picks, I might be more tempted to trade up from 19, knowing I still have pick 20. I wanted to go back and pick up picks I dealt away moving up from 19, I could.

Or I could sit at 19 and 20 and be greedy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-23-2020, 12:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/a...koue-Trade

One can only hope. This was my scenario to a Jaguars Today question of the day last week. That 2nd 1st rounder from the Raiders. Let's get it done
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(04-23-2020, 12:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So what would you do with 19 if we got it from the Raiders?

If we wound up with three first round picks, I might be more tempted to trade up from 19, knowing I still have pick 20.  I wanted to go back and pick up picks I dealt away moving up from 19, I could.

I think it really depends on who's there at 9, 19 and 20. I wanna say go best WR, DT and CB. U could go best OT- DT-CB. OT,WR,CB- WR, CB,QB. CB,DT,WR. DT,WR, S??? If Simmons is there at 9, then u gotta pick him. Basically, go BPA. Or is it BAP?

(04-23-2020, 12:31 AM)Bullseye Wrote: So what would you do with 19 if we got it from the Raiders?

If we wound up with three first round picks, I might be more tempted to trade up from 19, knowing I still have pick 20.  I wanted to go back and pick up picks I dealt away moving up from 19, I could.

I’d for sure trade back with one of those late firsts and hopefully gain another top 60 pick. And then use those excess 4ths and 5ths we have to move up with the other late first rounder if someone we like falls.

I’m basically on team trade back right now.

(04-23-2020, 12:47 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:

I’d for sure trade back with one of those late firsts and hopefully gain another top 60 pick. And then use those excess 4ths and 5ths we have to move up with the other late first rounder if someone we like falls.

I would move up and down TBH. 

Of course, if we sat at 19 and Kinlaw were still on the board, I wouldn't complain.

(04-23-2020, 12:32 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 12:11 AM)Bullseye Wrote: https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/a...koue-Trade

One can only hope. This was my scenario to a Jaguars Today question of the day last week. That 2nd 1st rounder from the Raiders. Let's get it done

If we agreed to this deal, would you now pursue the trade up with the Giants (9 and our 2nd for #4 overall)?

Though I'm tempted, I would be inclined to stay at 9, and depending on how the draft goes, I might be willing to trade back from 9.  I could see a deal with the Jets, Bucs, or Falcons, and we would still be in position to get a good player.

That extra 1st round pick could allow us to take a LT early.

Let's see:

1.  Thomas, Kinlaw, Jefferson
2.  Jeudy, Henderson, Kinlaw
3.  Brown, Jones, Jefferson

Hmm...

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 01:16 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(04-23-2020, 01:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 12:32 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: One can only hope. This was my scenario to a Jaguars Today question of the day last week. That 2nd 1st rounder from the Raiders. Let's get it done

If we agreed to this deal, would you now pursue the trade up with the Giants (9 and our 2nd for #4 overall)?

Though I'm tempted, I would be inclined to stay at 9, and depending on how the draft goes, I might be willing to trade back from 9.  I could see a deal with the Jets, Bucs, or Falcons, and we would still be in position to get a good player.

Let's see:

Hmm...

I wouldn't. The tackles in this draft will push a lot of good talent down the board in the 1st. If (when) we get that third 1st rd selection, we gotta take advantage of that and walk away with something like Jeudy, Kinlaw and Terrell. Or something like that. (I like your 2nd scenario)

I like Terrell to end up being the best CB out of this class btw. That's just a feeling I came away with post combine-

(04-23-2020, 01:14 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:07 AM)Bullseye Wrote: If we agreed to this deal, would you now pursue the trade up with the Giants (9 and our 2nd for #4 overall)?

Let's see:

Hmm...

I wouldn't. The tackles in this draft will push a lot of good talent down the board in the 1st. If (when) we get that third 1st rd selection, we gotta take advantage of that and walk away with something like Jeudy, Kinlaw and Terrell. Or something like that. (I like your 2nd scenario)

I like Terrell to end up being the best CB out of this class btw. That's just a feeling I came away with post combine-
With the 3rd 1st rounder, what position would you be more inclined to address than you would with just two first rounders?

(04-23-2020, 12:47 AM)TheSchmidt Wrote:

Yep I'd be all for trading 19 or 20 to a team that wants to come up for Love or get in front of Phiily for a WR.

This is a supposed "deep" draft so even just getting an extra 3rd to drop to the mid 20s would be nice.

BUT as always it depends on who is there when we pick....if Brown @9 and then one of the big 3 WR/Henderson/Top OT for w/e reason fall to 19/20...you make both picks and maybe come away with Brown/Henderson/Jeudy.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 07:35 AM by ColoJag.)

Shrager posted his mock this morning with us trading from 9 to 16 and picking up the Falcons 1st next year to pick Tua

Also, picked Terrell at 20. Who i would bet would be the Jags pick

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2020/4/22/2...hase-young

Has us taking Isaiah Simmons @ #9 and Yetur Gross-Matos @#20 (Awesome imo). If we had #19 in this scenario we could grab Justin Jefferson or Jaylon Johnson as well

(04-22-2020, 07:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...50689?s=21

"Asi asi" is Spanish for "meh", so he sounds perfect for us!

@@

(04-23-2020, 08:49 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:52 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/...50689?s=21

"Asi asi" is Spanish for "meh", so he sounds perfect for us!

@@

What is "Alu alu" in Spanish? (I'm thinking "No Tebow")
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-23-2020, 12:20 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...1179478019

Talking about a major wrench in every mock draft if they pull it off.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

https://twitter.com/jordanraanan/status/...99746?s=21

Looks like they are positioning themselves if one of their guys start to fall.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-23-2020, 12:20 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/statu...1179478019

If I'm the Bengals, I still don't take that deal. I have Burrow as one of the highest rated QB's in many years. Those guys are too hard to find. I'd re-buff any offer they made. You don't pass on franchise QB's.

(04-23-2020, 03:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

If I'm the Bengals, I still don't take that deal. I have Burrow as one of the highest rated QB's in many years. Those guys are too hard to find. I'd re-buff any offer they made. You don't pass on franchise QB's.

I'd be tempted... I don't believe any QB is worth more than the overall state of your roster. Bengals need CB, LB, OL, and WR. With 3 and 5 they could land Tua, address a big need with Okudah, Wirfs, Thomas, Simmons. And then at 33 and 65 shore up whatever they didn't get top ten talent at with some very good options still left.

I love Burrow but I'd be tempted to take the chance on Tua if offered that because you are trading one HOPEFULLY franchise QB for another HOPEFULLY franchise QB while also adding a top ten talent at CB, LB, or OL.
They could hold on to Dalton and redshirt Tua.

PFT says Tua to the Jags has gained some steam and Dilla said we are eyeing Jefferson at 20. I tend to not believe PFT and pray Dilla is right.