Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

(04-16-2020, 11:17 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:02 AM)Kane Wrote: To get Lamb they'll need to be in the 9-12 range I'd guess.
If the Browns move OBJ they'll be in the market. The Jets could be too after letting Robby Anderson go in FA.
And I think the Raiders probably could be looking for WR help too.

To move from 21 up that high for a WR is expensive and silly imo. But hey... more power to em

Dave to Howie: We've got your back. No one is drafting Lamb above #9. To move up from #21, we'll need #21 + your 2nd rounder and next's year's second rounder, or we'll need your #21 plus next year's #1. What's it going to be to get your poor man's Julio? I think you guys are "just a player away. Do this and we'll celebrate together when Lamb is Super Bowl MVP."

Yeah... that's a good haul... I just don't know if I'd wanna move down that far. 
I suppose we could still end up with a solid couple starters though. Maybe Kinlaw and Henderson. Or Josh Jones and Henderson at those spots.....

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2020, 11:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Caldwell just said there are four players at the top of this draft who, if they unexpectedly were on the board at 9, he wouldn't hesitate to draft them.

I wonder who those guys are.

Burrow
Okudah
Young
Simmons

IMO

(04-16-2020, 11:39 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:19 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Caldwell just said there are four players at the top of this draft who, if they unexpectedly were on the board at 9, he wouldn't hesitate to draft them.

Burrow
Okudah
Young
Simmons

IMO

Seems plausible.

The only two I am just about positive on are Young and Okudah.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-16-2020, 11:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:39 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Burrow
Okudah
Young
Simmons

IMO

Seems plausible.

If Young and Burrow are available at 9, 8 GMs need to be fired lol (Burrow may not be a sure fire pick at QB, but if you need one this year he's the best of the bunch, and Young is a stud pass rusher)

(04-16-2020, 11:47 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:42 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Seems plausible.

If Young and Burrow are available at 9, 8 GMs need to be fired lol

Quoted for truth.  LOL

Brown is definitely one of the 4, unfortunately.

All these teams want to move up for Lamb or Jeudy.... shouldn’t the Jags just take one? If so many are enamored, they should grab one.

Burrow
Okudah
Young
Simmons

IMO

Replace Simmons with Burrow

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 12:46 PM by Cleatwood.)

(04-16-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:39 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Burrow
Okudah
Young
Simmons

IMO

Replace Simmons with Burrow
Wait.... you honestly believe if Burrow gets to 9, Dave wouldn’t take him?

(04-16-2020, 12:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Replace Simmons with Burrow
Wait.... you honestly believe if Burrow get sot 9, Dave wouldn’t take him?

Yes

(04-16-2020, 12:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 12:21 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wait.... you honestly believe if Burrow get sot 9, Dave wouldn’t take him?

Yes
Kinda sucks that he won’t get to 9 so you can be proven wrong.

Burrow
Okudah
Young
Simmons

IMO

I'd draft the top 3 there no matter what, but try to find a trade-up partner for Simmons before selecting him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2020, 01:44 PM by The Real Marty.)

That's kind of a weird statement, because it states that there are 4 players in the top 9 that he wouldn't hesitate to draft.  What about the other 5?  Are there 5 players in the top 9 that he WOULD hesitate to draft?  

I think he's just throwing out bull [BLEEP] to confuse everyone.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

That's kind of a weird statement, because it states that there are 4 players in the top 9 that he wouldn't hesitate to draft.  What about the other 5?  Are there 5 players in the top 9 that he WOULD hesitate to draft?  

Definitely throwing out BS

Burrow/Young/Okudah/Simmons/Brown/Wirfs probably all would be no hesitation picks.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

(04-16-2020, 02:22 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: That's kind of a weird statement, because it states that there are 4 players in the top 9 that he wouldn't hesitate to draft.  What about the other 5?  Are there 5 players in the top 9 that he WOULD hesitate to draft?  

Definitely throwing out BS

Burrow/Young/Okudah/Simmons/Brown/Wirfs probably all would be no hesitation picks.
Not necessarily.

To me it suggests that in his mind, there are at least two player tiers in the top ten in this draft-the top tier of 4, and then the second tier.

Since the team is presumably in the 2nd tier range, it would make perfect sense to have that reaction if one in the first tier fell.

It's like the reaction when Josh Allen fell to us at 7. As soon as the echo from the previous pick stopped, I'd have the card on the way to the commissioner.

(04-16-2020, 01:44 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:

I hope that's what he's doing; otherwise he needs to shut his big yapper. Other GMs, when project the Jags plans, might be inclined to trade to #8 to grab one of the supposed can't miss guys and then the Jaguars are stuck with fat boy Brown, whose bull rush will be neutralized by superior technique at the next level.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Apparently the Broncos are now trying to trade up to 10 to draft a WR

I don't think Simmons is on Dave's list of 4.

(04-16-2020, 04:12 PM)ColoJag Wrote: Apparently the Broncos are now trying to trade up to 10 to draft a WR

If that's the case, trade back 1 spot and add another draft pick (3rd or 4th round).

I’m preparing to get so stoked when pick 9 comes only to see them trade out lol

The wait kills me.