Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

I just hope Brown falls

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2020, 05:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m preparing to get so stoked when pick 9 comes only to see them trade out lol

The wait kills me.

The waiting is killing me, but after the draft I cannot imagine how boring life is going to get so I'm torn.

(04-16-2020, 07:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 05:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m preparing to get so stoked when pick 9 comes only to see them trade out lol

The wait kills me.

The waiting is killing me, but after the draft I cannot imagine how boring life is going to get so I'm torn.
Start preparing for fantasy football....

(04-16-2020, 07:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:26 PM)Upper Wrote: The waiting is killing me, but after the draft I cannot imagine how boring life is going to get so I'm torn.
Start preparing for fantasy football....

Just traded Aaron Jones for the 1.01 in my dynasty money league so I hear that, but I don't think it'll be enough.

(04-16-2020, 07:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I just hope Brown falls

Falls to where?  I hope he falls to 9.

(04-17-2020, 06:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I just hope Brown falls

Falls to where?  I hope he falls to 9.

Yes, he definitely won't fall past there

(04-16-2020, 07:26 PM)Upper Wrote:

The wait kills me.

The only thing I can think to do-at least from a sports/football perspective, is to go back and watch as many highlights of the Jaguars draftees (and other teams' draftees) as possible to see if I can understand the thinking behind the picks, especially those I am unfamiliar with.  That and watching old games.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-16-2020, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 09:31 AM)Rico Wrote: I'm just stoked for next weekend so we can complain about the picks.

Indeed. Will be a welcome break from all the other stuff that has been dominating life the past month or so.

And with the 9th pick, of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select. . . K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU. 

And with the 20th pick, of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select. . . Isaiah Wilson, OT, UGA. 

This board, at least 90% of it would [BLEEP] erupt in anger if something like this went down.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(04-17-2020, 08:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Indeed. Will be a welcome break from all the other stuff that has been dominating life the past month or so.

And with the 9th pick, of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select. . . K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU. 

And with the 20th pick, of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select. . . Isaiah Wilson, OT, UGA. 

This board, at least 90% of it would [BLEEP] erupt in anger if something like this went down.

I would be among the 90%.

Would I hope like hell we were wrong?  Yes.

But my immediate response to this would be "pissed to the highest of pisstivity."

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-17-2020, 08:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:20 AM)Kane Wrote: Indeed. Will be a welcome break from all the other stuff that has been dominating life the past month or so.

I eagerly await the bevy of "Caldwell is sooo Turrribulle" threads that are sure to be birthed here almost regardless of who we end up picking. 

/sarc-font/

Honestly, I am a little curious to see which picks are met with approval and which receive ire. Folks seem to be fairly split on what we need most and what may be a reach at each spot. 
I'm just crossing my fingers we have some good value available early at these positions:

CB
OL (preferably LT) 
NT 
WR

(honorable mention - Free Safety)

(04-16-2020, 07:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:46 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Start preparing for fantasy football....

Just traded Aaron Jones for the 1.01 in my dynasty money league so I hear that, but I don't think it'll be enough.
Who’s available at 1.01 in dynasty?!

(04-17-2020, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:15 AM)Caldrac Wrote: And with the 9th pick, of the 2020 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select. . . K'Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU. 

I eagerly await the bevy of "Caldwell is sooo Turrribulle" threads that are sure to be birthed here almost regardless of who we end up picking. 

/sarc-font/

Honestly, I am a little curious to see which picks are met with approval and which receive ire. Folks seem to be fairly split on what we need most and what may be a reach at each spot. 
I'm just crossing my fingers we have some good value available early at these positions:

CB
OL (preferably LT) 
NT 
WR

(honorable mention - Free Safety)

This is pretty much my line of thinking for opening night. They have a ton of holes right now. And they should have plenty of options at their disposal. I don't think Caldwell will mess this up. I hope a few teams in front of us DO mess up though and allow a great talent like Simmons or Okudah to slip to No. 9 for the taking just like Allen last year.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

https://twitter.com/e_dilla/status/12508...97122?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1251...18880?s=21

Anyone else excited?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-17-2020, 09:41 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1251...18880?s=21

Anyone else excited?

Wronger?

yeesh

(04-17-2020, 09:41 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1251...18880?s=21

Anyone else excited?

At the prospect of one of those eight teams in front of us over thinking and looking the obvious, thus, giving us another Josh Allen type player to the team for the second year in a row? Hell yes. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons or Okudah slipped to us at No. 9. You cannot over think this.

(04-17-2020, 10:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote:

Anyone else excited?

At the prospect of one of those eight teams in front of us over thinking and looking the obvious, thus, giving us another Josh Allen type player to the team for the second year in a row? Hell yes. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons or Okudah slipped to us at No. 9. You cannot over think this.

I'm warming up to Simmons if the Jags play him at SS on early downs. He can be a Polamalu who blankets tight ends, blitzes, and makes the QB account for him every down. It also improves two positions by moving to Harrison to FS and puts Wilson on the bench.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-17-2020, 12:30 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 10:33 AM)Caldrac Wrote: At the prospect of one of those eight teams in front of us over thinking and looking the obvious, thus, giving us another Josh Allen type player to the team for the second year in a row? Hell yes. 

I'm warming up to Simmons if the Jags play him at SS on early downs. He can be a Polamalu who blankets tight ends, blitzes, and makes the QB account for him every down. It also improves two positions by moving to Harrison to FS and puts Wilson on the bench.

Harrison is a SS. I don't feel comfortable with him at FS. There's three center field free safety's in this draft. Delpit,  Winfield and Davis. Almost need to target one of those players imo
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-17-2020, 12:56 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 12:30 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I'm warming up to Simmons if the Jags play him at SS on early downs. He can be a Polamalu who blankets tight ends, blitzes, and makes the QB account for him every down. It also improves two positions by moving to Harrison to FS and puts Wilson on the bench.

Harrison is a SS. I don't feel comfortable with him at FS. There's three center field free safety's in this draft. Delpit,  Winfield and Davis. Almost need to target one of those players imo

I could be wrong, but I believe Simmons is bigger, faster, and quicker than all three of those guys.  He's a freak athlete and could be a star back there.

If you take Simmons you have to play him like the Panthers played Thomas Davis. He's too good not to be roaming around between the secondary and the LOS. Also, if they're looking more into getting involved in the "3-4" aspect of this defense they would be foolish NOT to take advantage of his size, instincts and speed.

You could blitz him from all over the place.