Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars draft rumors

(04-16-2020, 07:26 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 05:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I’m preparing to get so stoked when pick 9 comes only to see them trade out lol

The wait kills me.

The waiting is killing me, but after the draft I cannot imagine how boring life is going to get so I'm torn.

It's hard to believe the draft is only six days from now. Isn't today March 48th?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 05:37 PM by knarnn.)

Quote: Here's a look at the scores of the 12 quarterbacks who took the Wonderlic in 2020:

Nate Stanley (Iowa): 40
Jake Fromm (Georgia); 35
Joe Burrow (LSU): 34
Jake Luton (Oregon State): 29
Jordan Love (Utah State): 27
Justin Herbert (Oregon): 25
Anthony Gordon (Washington State): 25
Brian Lewerke (Michigan State): 25
Jacob Eason (Washington): 23
James Morgan (Florida International): 23
Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma): 18
Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama): 13

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-...er-report/
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-17-2020, 05:36 PM)knarnn Wrote:
Quote: Here's a look at the scores of the 12 quarterbacks who took the Wonderlic in 2020:

Nate Stanley (Iowa): 40
Jake Fromm (Georgia); 35
Joe Burrow (LSU): 34
Jake Luton (Oregon State): 29
Jordan Love (Utah State): 27
Justin Herbert (Oregon): 25
Anthony Gordon (Washington State): 25
Brian Lewerke (Michigan State): 25
Jacob Eason (Washington): 23
James Morgan (Florida International): 23
Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma): 18
Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama): 13

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-...er-report/
Damn Tua

Just to compare... Minshew had a 42 and said the test was pretty easy.

(04-17-2020, 05:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Just to compare... Minshew had a 42 and said the test was pretty easy.

Source: https://brobible.com/sports/article/gard...elligence/

Agents tell guys it doesn't matter(unless youre a QB) and then they tell QBs not to score too high

(This post was last modified: 04-17-2020, 09:35 PM by Bullseye.)

I found the proposed three team trade between us. Miami and Cincy particularly obnoxious.  Like we have no need for top tier talent.

Not only that, but it is a spectacularly uneven trade per the trade value chart.  the #9 is worth 1350 and the #42 is worth 480, for a combined total of 1830 points.  The 18 abd 26 combined for a total of 1600 points.  The difference of 230 points or a high 3rd rounder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpQys9mui0k

There are several trade scenarios, including two proposed scenarios with Yan.

The first is at the 6:30 mark.

The three team proposal is at the 10 minute mark.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1251...96928?s=21

Slide down to #20 please!!!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(04-17-2020, 09:47 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1251...96928?s=21

Slide down to #20 please!!!

I think Becton's best chance of success is in Tampa, where he would likely play RT protecting an experienced QB who makes quick decisions.

Would I take him at 20?  That failed test gives me pause.  I would want to know what he tested positive for. 

Without that development, I wouldn't want him at 9, and I would be very reluctant to take hi, at 20.  Given this team's horrible luck with substance abuse/dependence...

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

The teams don't care about the failed test, especially now with the CBA changes.

However, combine failing the idiot test of knowing he was going to get tested at the combine with the quote about him caring about cooking and eating more than football and it's a red flag to me. He is an athletic unicorn, but can he be a unicorn if he gains just a little more weight or doesn't put in quite the effort?

I already liked Josh Jones more than Becton just because of the true pass set stat, but even moreso now. If they're both available at 20 I'm taking Jones without hesitation.

https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/...86051?s=21

Pretty big deal if true.

(04-21-2020, 10:30 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/...86051?s=21

Pretty big deal if true.

That would be great. It would almost ensure Okudah or Simmons slide to #9. I'm warming up to Simmons in our system, if knucklehead stubborn coordinator can fix him at SS in base and make him a wild card near the line on passing downs. He'd be Cam Chancellor 2.0. Then, Harrison can move to FS, where he might excel. It gets special teamer Wilson off the field, too.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-21-2020, 10:44 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:30 AM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/rotoworld_fb/status/...86051?s=21

Pretty big deal if true.

That would be great. It would almost ensure Okudah or Simmons slide to #9. I'm warming up to Simmons in our system, if knucklehead stubborn coordinator can fix him at SS in base and make him a wild card near the line on passing downs. He'd be Cam Chancellor 2.0. Then, Harrison can move to FS, where he might excel. It gets special teamer Wilson off the field, too.

I just don't see Okudah sliding all the way to #9. As for Simmons, he'd be wasted here. He needs a creative Defensive Coordinator to maximize his skill set and that definitely isn't Wash. Also, with us signing Schobert, moving Jack to WLB and being locked into his contract, I don't see a spot for Simmons. I actually think Ronnie Harrison is one of the few, young bright spots on this team, but he is definitely a Strong Safety only. He lacks the skill set to move to FS. Simmons would definitely be served best by having WLB as his primary position and because of his contract, we're committed to Jack right now.

(04-21-2020, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:44 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: That would be great. It would almost ensure Okudah or Simmons slide to #9. I'm warming up to Simmons in our system, if knucklehead stubborn coordinator can fix him at SS in base and make him a wild card near the line on passing downs. He'd be Cam Chancellor 2.0. Then, Harrison can move to FS, where he might excel. It gets special teamer Wilson off the field, too.

I just don't see Okudah sliding all the way to #9. As for Simmons, he'd be wasted here. He needs a creative Defensive Coordinator to maximize his skill set and that definitely isn't Wash. Also, with us signing Schobert, moving Jack to WLB and being locked into his contract, I don't see a spot for Simmons. I actually think Ronnie Harrison is one of the few, young bright spots on this team, but he is definitely a Strong Safety only. He lacks the skill set to move to FS. Simmons would definitely be served best by having WLB as his primary position and because of his contract, we're committed to Jack right now.
If we go with Simmons, we should just switch to a 3-4 as our base. Because as you said, he would be a waste in our current set up.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-21-2020, 12:23 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just don't see Okudah sliding all the way to #9. As for Simmons, he'd be wasted here. He needs a creative Defensive Coordinator to maximize his skill set and that definitely isn't Wash. Also, with us signing Schobert, moving Jack to WLB and being locked into his contract, I don't see a spot for Simmons. I actually think Ronnie Harrison is one of the few, young bright spots on this team, but he is definitely a Strong Safety only. He lacks the skill set to move to FS. Simmons would definitely be served best by having WLB as his primary position and because of his contract, we're committed to Jack right now.
If we go with Simmons, we should just switch to a 3-4 as our base. Because as you said, he would be a waste in our current set up.

If we go to a 3-4, don't we need a nose tackle?

(04-21-2020, 12:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:23 PM)Dimson Wrote: If we go with Simmons, we should just switch to a 3-4 as our base. Because as you said, he would be a waste in our current set up.

Yes and there are some good NT prospects in this draft.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-21-2020, 11:03 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I just don't see Okudah sliding all the way to #9. As for Simmons, he'd be wasted here. He needs a creative Defensive Coordinator to maximize his skill set and that definitely isn't Wash. Also, with us signing Schobert, moving Jack to WLB and being locked into his contract, I don't see a spot for Simmons. I actually think Ronnie Harrison is one of the few, young bright spots on this team, but he is definitely a Strong Safety only. He lacks the skill set to move to FS. Simmons would definitely be served best by having WLB as his primary position and because of his contract, we're committed to Jack right now.

Not really, there's no reason to not have him playing 80% of snaps

(04-21-2020, 12:23 PM)Dimson Wrote: If we go with Simmons, we should just switch to a 3-4 as our base. Because as you said, he would be a waste in our current set up.

Can Al Woods not fit that role?

and if not... I think the 34 NT has some guys mocked in the 3rd-5th rounds like a Benito Jones

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 03:09 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I'm not sure he fits as a 3-4 ILB either. IMO, the guy is a prototype for a 4-3 WLB. Who knows? I've been wrong before, I'll undoubtedly be wrong again. We'll just have to see how this thing plays out.

No matter if we switch to a 3-4 or stay in a 4-3, we still need a run stuffing 1 technique either way. In fact, we need a 3 technique as well. Without a healthy Marcell Dareus, our DT rotation is pure garbage.

(04-21-2020, 02:51 PM)Kane Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 12:34 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: If we go to a 3-4, don't we need a nose tackle?

Can Al Woods not fit that role?

and if not... I think the 34 NT has some guys mocked in the 3rd-5th rounds like a Benito Jones

Al Woods is "just a guy." He's no better than what we had last year, after Dareus got injured. I'm praying we either get Derrick Brown, Davon Hamilton, Leki Fotu or Bravvion Roy, in that order to play the NT role.