Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bucs looking to trade Howard

All in for this. Not only would he be an immediate upgrade, the Jags wouldn’t waste a draft picking choosing one this year.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Obviously, would depend on what they want for him. I'd make a call

What would you give in trade? 3rd rounder? 4th?

My first question would be why are they trying to unload Howard when they just signed Brady?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-15-2020, 09:13 PM)Rico Wrote: My first question would be why are they trying to unload Howard when they just signed Brady?

Maybe he's not a good locker room guy, or Arians just doesn't like TEs and would rather get a pick there to surround Brady with another receiver in a deep draft. Maybe they just don't want to pay him. I'd trade a 3rd no question.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-15-2020, 09:13 PM)Rico Wrote: My first question would be why are they trying to unload Howard when they just signed Brady?

Same here. Why?

Brady without Gronk was very, very different and now he's another year less mobile. He'll be even more dependent on his TE. Howard must suck if they want to unload him.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Before we signed Eifert I think we would of put in a offer, not sure now.

(04-15-2020, 09:51 PM)PF* Wrote:

Same here. Why?

Brady without Gronk was very, very different and now he's another year less mobile. He'll be even more dependent on his TE. Howard must suck if they want to unload him.

The "word on the street"  (and by "street" I mean Twitter) is that the Arians/Leftwich offense (that still sounds weird to me) is simply not tight-end-centric and his talents are wasted there. 

Not that I'm buying that.

(04-15-2020, 06:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: All in for this. Not only would he be an immediate upgrade, the Jags wouldn’t waste a draft picking choosing one this year.

I am not opposed to it either.

Question:  would Howard be sufficient compensation for trading down from 9 to 14?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

What about Cole for OJ?

(04-15-2020, 09:58 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 06:08 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: All in for this. Not only would he be an immediate upgrade, the Jags wouldn’t waste a draft picking choosing one this year.

I am not opposed to it either.

Question:  would Howard be sufficient compensation for trading down from 9 to 14?

No. I would offer TB a fourth round pick in 2020.
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

(04-15-2020, 09:42 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

Maybe he's not a good locker room guy, or Arians just doesn't like TEs and would rather get a pick there to surround Brady with another receiver in a deep draft. Maybe they just don't want to pay him. I'd trade a 3rd no question.

Not buying the not liking TEs theory.

While he was in Pittsburgh, TE Heath miller was consistently the 3rd leading receiver on the team and made the Pro Bowl one year.

His one year at Indy, 2012, the top two TEs combined for 113 targets.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

A university of Alabama bust. Pass.

I would give them a 5th

Howard ain’t worth a 7th round pick in my eyes. He’s a bust from what a friend of mine told me (huge Bucs fan).

With Eifert, Oliver, and Oshngngngnggeee we’re going to be solid. If they still need another TE just draft one.

Howard and Forest Lamp are 2 players that I’ll never forget about. And they haven’t did anything.

(04-16-2020, 07:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Howard ain’t worth a 7th round pick in my eyes. He’s a bust from what a friend of mine told me (huge Bucs fan).

With Eifert, Oliver, and Oshngngngnggeee we’re going to be solid. If they still need another TE just draft one.

Howard and Forest Lamp are 2 players that I’ll never forget about. And they haven’t did anything.
Howard has been splitting snaps with Brate and before Arians got to TB, Howard had a nice season.

He’s far too talented to be a bust right now. If he was in NE or Philly (teams that love the TE) he would be boomin.

(04-16-2020, 07:13 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Howard ain’t worth a 7th round pick in my eyes. He’s a bust from what a friend of mine told me (huge Bucs fan).

Lamp's issues have been health related.
Can't stay healthy, can't make much of an impact.
Howard however hasn't been quite the bust your friend might think.
As a rookie he had 34 catches for 500+ yards and 5 TDs...
And last year under new head coach Arians he was used in a system that doesn't highlight the TE much.. and still managed  34 catches and 400+ yards, with a "blind" Jameis Winston as his QB.
He's also only going into his 3rd season... 
But hey, everyone needs an opinion.

I'd take Howard off their hands for a 4th or 5th definitely.
Then our TE group would be Eifert, Oliver, Howard, and James O (likely starting the year on PUP from ACL injury)
very good group, and not a lot of money tied up in them with two rookie contracts.

(04-16-2020, 09:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Howard has been splitting snaps with Brate and before Arians got to TB, Howard had a nice season.

He’s far too talented to be a bust right now. If he was in NE or Philly (teams that love the TE) he would be boomin.

Which is exactly why I'm wondering why TB would unload Howard now.  Everything I've heard from the experts on this board says that a great coach plays to a players strengths.  If Arians is said great coach then why remove a potential weapon for Brady...who loves the TE (Gronk, Hernandez, Watson).  It gives me some pause.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Given the fact that he goes by OJ and he plays TE for a Brady QB team, one would think he has a killer instinct.

(04-16-2020, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote:

Lamp's issues have been health related.
Can't stay healthy, can't make much of an impact.
Howard however hasn't been quite the bust your friend might think.
As a rookie he had 34 catches for 500+ yards and 5 TDs...
And last year under new head coach Arians he was used in a system that doesn't highlight the TE much.. and still managed  34 catches and 400+ yards, with a "blind" Jameis Winston as his QB.
He's also only going into his 3rd season... 
But hey, everyone needs an opinion.

I'd take Howard off their hands for a 4th or 5th definitely.
Then our TE group would be Eifert, Oliver, Howard, and James O (likely starting the year on PUP from ACL injury)
very good group, and not a lot of money tied up in them with two rookie contracts.

Some idiot gave up a second-round pick for Hayden Hurst. The Bucs won't be looking for less.