Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bucs looking to trade Howard

(04-16-2020, 10:42 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 09:11 AM)Kane Wrote: Lamp's issues have been health related.
Can't stay healthy, can't make much of an impact.
Howard however hasn't been quite the bust your friend might think.
As a rookie he had 34 catches for 500+ yards and 5 TDs...
And last year under new head coach Arians he was used in a system that doesn't highlight the TE much.. and still managed  34 catches and 400+ yards, with a "blind" Jameis Winston as his QB.
He's also only going into his 3rd season... 
But hey, everyone needs an opinion.

I'd take Howard off their hands for a 4th or 5th definitely.
Then our TE group would be Eifert, Oliver, Howard, and James O (likely starting the year on PUP from ACL injury)
very good group, and not a lot of money tied up in them with two rookie contracts.

Some idiot gave up a second-round pick for Hayden Hurst. The Bucs won't be looking for less.
Good point, especially since he has more than DOUBLED Hursts production in the same time frame. 

If the Bucs simply cut him at this point or otherwise let him off cheaply, I would have to wonder if it is personality based or if there were some other unknown off field factor we don't know about.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-16-2020, 10:59 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 10:42 AM)TJBender Wrote: Some idiot gave up a second-round pick for Hayden Hurst. The Bucs won't be looking for less.
Good point, especially since he has more than DOUBLED Hursts production in the same time frame. 

If the Bucs simply cut him at this point or otherwise let him off cheaply, I would have to wonder if it is personality based or if there were some other unknown off field factor we don't know about.

Would be my concern exactly since TE is one of Brady's favorite weapons.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

When you read the Bucs fan forum pages on the OJ trade rumor, they don't particular feel to high on Howard. One summed up many of their comments with, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". Plays soft, doesn't block, injured often, drops too many balls, and not very productive are common comments. I think I would keep the draft capital and stay with Eifert and Oliver for now.

(04-16-2020, 11:22 AM)ATLjag Wrote: When you read the Bucs fan forum pages on the OJ trade rumor, they don't particular feel to high on Howard.  One summed up many of their comments with, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".   Plays soft, doesn't block, injured often, drops too many balls, and not very productive are common comments.  I think I would keep the draft capital and stay with Eifert and Oliver for now.

Ugh.

Doesn't sound good.

But maybe he could thrive with us.

Jimmy Graham has been trashed for his blocking, and some have even said he is soft.  But he has been productive in different spots.

Who knows?

(04-16-2020, 11:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:22 AM)ATLjag Wrote: When you read the Bucs fan forum pages on the OJ trade rumor, they don't particular feel to high on Howard.  One summed up many of their comments with, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane".   Plays soft, doesn't block, injured often, drops too many balls, and not very productive are common comments.  I think I would keep the draft capital and stay with Eifert and Oliver for now.

Ugh.

Doesn't sound good.

Jimmy Graham has been trashed for his blocking, and some have even said he is soft.  But he has been productive in different spots.

Who knows?

Sometimes a change in scenery and/or scheme does a player good.

(04-16-2020, 11:56 AM)Kane Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 11:49 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Ugh.

Doesn't sound good.

Who knows?

Sometimes a change in scenery and/or scheme does a player good.
My thoughts exactly (see: Ebron, Eric;  see also :Hughes, Jerry)

What happens when you read this forum about Jags players?

Take last year for example. LOTS of people calling Chark a bust....

I thought the issue with Howard in TB is that he is just not running routes enough. Sure he is a decent blocker, but if you have him blocking all the time, he will obviously get worn down. In fact, most TE's in the league get worn down with injury issues that keeps a lot from playing full 16 game seasons.

Given the versatility a lot of average or even good TE's give you, trading for him is very good move. Especially since any TE drafted this season will take a few years to develop.

(04-16-2020, 12:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
What happens when you read this forum about Jags players?

Another example. LOTS of people were calling RJ Soward a bust....

(04-17-2020, 11:03 AM)ATLjag Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 12:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: What happens when you read this forum about Jags players?

Another example. LOTS of people were calling RJ Soward a bust....
So there’s no validity to message board posts? Perfect.

(04-15-2020, 09:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The "word on the street"  (and by "street" I mean Twitter) is that the Arians/Leftwich offense (that still sounds weird to me) is simply not tight-end-centric and his talents are wasted there. 

Not that I'm buying that.

I don't know if there is enough of a sample to know what a Leftwich offense should look like but it's been a well known moniker in fantasy football for a long time that Arians is death for TE production.

(04-17-2020, 06:30 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 09:55 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The "word on the street"  (and by "street" I mean Twitter) is that the Arians/Leftwich offense (that still sounds weird to me) is simply not tight-end-centric and his talents are wasted there. 

I don't know if there is enough of a sample to know what a Leftwich offense should look like but it's been a well known moniker in fantasy football for a long time that Arians is death for TE production.

I disagree.

Heath Miller had no shortage of targets when Arians was in Pittsburgh, and Fleener and Allen got over 100 combined targets in Arians' one year in Indy.

Arians really didn't have a quality TE in Arizona that I can recall.

No way they're trading a guy with that potential after they spent HUGE money on a guy who can maximize that potential.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-17-2020, 12:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:03 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Another example. LOTS of people were calling RJ Soward a bust....
So there’s no validity to message board posts? Perfect.

There was a message board in 2000?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-17-2020, 11:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 12:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So there’s no validity to message board posts? Perfect.

At least three of them. 

The Jaguars.com one, the T-U board and the old AOL boards (where I got my posting start.

(04-17-2020, 11:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 12:31 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So there’s no validity to message board posts? Perfect.

Surely you’re old enough to know what Usenet was

(04-23-2020, 11:33 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:58 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: There was a message board in 2000?

Surely you’re old enough to know what Usenet was

I am, but didn't get into this community until later.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Now that they've added Gronk, I wonder what that does to the idea of them not featuring the TE position. I also wonder if that makes Howard expendable, or more valuable.

(04-23-2020, 11:38 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Now that they've added Gronk, I wonder what that does to the idea of them not featuring the TE position.  I also wonder if that makes Howard expendable, or more valuable.

With Gronk, Howard and Brate they better figure it out. A 2 TE set isn't really Arians' bag, but that's some talent to work with anyway, and Brady had some good seasons with Gronk and the Murderer From Gainesville on the fleld.

(04-17-2020, 06:30 PM)Upper Wrote:

Saw yer boy Howard get pwned in coverage by a dropping DE today. 

Oof. Future not looking very bright for that one.