Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jefferson > Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

Raving over Jefferson 

I like receivers who are fearless for the ball. Plus, he's not only good at fighting in traffic, with excellent hands -- he's also somewhat of a burner. The next Jimmy Smith. Grab him at #20 if he's there over inferior CB talent. 

As others have pointed out, Lamb has trouble with separation. Jeudy doesn't have the stats that Amari Cooper did. Jefferson is a superior prospect.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(04-21-2020, 09:57 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Raving over Jefferson 

I like receivers who are fearless for the ball. Plus, he's not only good at fighting in traffic, with excellent hands -- he's also somewhat of a burner. The next Jimmy Smith. Grab him at #20 if he's there over inferior CB talent. 

As others have pointed out, Lamb has trouble with separation. Jeudy doesn't have the stats that Amari Cooper did. Jefferson is a superior prospect.

There is a HUGE factor that you are missing here. When Amari Cooper was at Alabama he was "the man." There was no other WR on the team even close to him. DeAndrew White was the next best receiver and he ended the season with a paltry 504 yards receiving. Jeudy not only had to share receptions with Henry Ruggs, but don't forget, DeVonta Smith was a big part of the Alabama passing game as well. In fact, he was the team's leading receiver. Had he entered the draft, he would've been a sure-fire first rounder as well. Even Jaylen Waddle, the team's 4th receiver, would've likely gotten some late first round/early second round consideration. I've never seen one team with such WR depth as Alabama had last year. I like Jefferson a lot, but there is no way he's the top receiving prospect. He's solidly the #4 guy on my board behind Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs.

(04-21-2020, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 09:57 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: Raving over Jefferson 

There is a HUGE factor that you are missing here. When Amari Cooper was at Alabama he was "the man." There was no other WR on the team even close to him. DeAndrew White was the next best receiver and he ended the season with a paltry 504 yards receiving. Jeudy not only had to share receptions with Henry Ruggs, but don't forget, DeVonta Smith was a big part of the Alabama passing game as well. In fact, he was the team's leading receiver. Had he entered the draft, he would've been a sure-fire first rounder as well. Even Jaylen Waddle, the team's 4th receiver, would've likely gotten some late first round/early second round consideration. I've never seen one team with such WR depth as Alabama had last year. I like Jefferson a lot, but there is no way he's the top receiving prospect. He's solidly the #4 guy on my board behind Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs.

Your argument works equally in Jefferson's favor. LSU had great receiving depth, too, with Chase and Moss. I predict Jefferson will be every bit as good a pro as Jeudy.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(04-21-2020, 10:27 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is a HUGE factor that you are missing here. When Amari Cooper was at Alabama he was "the man." There was no other WR on the team even close to him. DeAndrew White was the next best receiver and he ended the season with a paltry 504 yards receiving. Jeudy not only had to share receptions with Henry Ruggs, but don't forget, DeVonta Smith was a big part of the Alabama passing game as well. In fact, he was the team's leading receiver. Had he entered the draft, he would've been a sure-fire first rounder as well. Even Jaylen Waddle, the team's 4th receiver, would've likely gotten some late first round/early second round consideration. I've never seen one team with such WR depth as Alabama had last year. I like Jefferson a lot, but there is no way he's the top receiving prospect. He's solidly the #4 guy on my board behind Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs.

Your argument works equally in Jefferson's favor. LSU had great receiving depth, too, with Chase and Moss. I predict Jefferson will be every bit as good a pro as Jeudy.

I think a lot of it will depend on where these players land in the draft. Even the best receiver can look bad, if he lands on a team with a poor QB. We'll just have to wait and see. Anything is possible.

Nope.

I respectfully disagree with this take. Especially about Jeudy. He couldn't have Cooper's stats with the sheer numbers of other targets on the team, not just the WRs Ruggs, Smith, and Waddle, but also Najee Harris (27 catches for 300 yards and 7 TDs)
Lamb was all OU had and his lack of separation is what has me liking both Bama WRs more (Jeudy, Ruggs, Lamb) but Lamb's hands are just so good. So so good. Probably best hands in the draft. He catches everything. And his YAC is very good.
Jefferson is good but his route running is just okay. He worked better from the slot than he did from the outside position. And doesn't really have elite speed. He's solidly a top 5-6 WR but to me he's not even close to the best WR. He's just an all around good WR with solid contested catch ability.

For me is is Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs in that order. I don't want any other WR in RD 1.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

Better than(>) all 3 combined?
s
;

;

(04-21-2020, 01:01 PM)Dimson Wrote: For me is is Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs in that order. I don't want any other WR in RD 1.

I wouldn't be opposed to Jefferson at #20, if the other 3 guys are off the board. I believe Jefferson is gonna be a very good NFL WR, I just prefer Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs. In fact, I'm also a big fan of Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool and Michael Pittman. I'd be really happy with any of those guys in round 2.

(04-21-2020, 03:29 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 01:01 PM)Dimson Wrote: For me is is Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs in that order. I don't want any other WR in RD 1.

I wouldn't be opposed to Jefferson at #20, if the other 3 guys are off the board. I believe Jefferson is gonna be a very good NFL WR, I just prefer Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs. In fact, I'm also a big fan of Tee Higgins, Chase Claypool and Michael Pittman. I'd be really happy with any of those guys in round 2.

Amen to getting any of those guys in Round 2. That would probably mean the Jags selected a more needed CB and/or LT in Round 1. From there, draft NT Fotu in Round 3 and BPA afterward.

Jefferson is my hope at 20. He seems like a Godwin clone.

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 08:10 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Id be OK with Jefferson at 20

I'd be okay with Jefferson at 20. But only if the other 3 are off the board.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 09:19 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Of course its early but dude is looking like a top 5 WR already and the best WR from this class. He is having a historic start for a WR. Dave went with need again and took a DE.

There were plenty of us wanting him at 20 too. I like Laviska and all but imagine if we had taken Jefferson at 20 and Winfield Jr in the early 2nd.

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 10:12 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(10-18-2020, 09:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Of course its early but dude is looking like a top 5 WR already and the best WR from this class.  He is having a historic start for a WR.  Dave went with need again and took a DE.

But DC made the perfect draft choices... Also we needed help on Defense  Rolleyes
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(10-18-2020, 10:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 09:17 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Of course its early but dude is looking like a top 5 WR already and the best WR from this class.  He is having a historic start for a WR.  Dave went with need again and took a DE.

But DC made the perfect draft choices... Also we needed help on Defense  Rolleyes

As Upper said he, could of took Winfield in the 2nd and was who I wanted day 2.  2of the top 3 picks could of still been on D and got the best WR too.  I do like Shenault but early on JJ is looking like a top WR in the league already and was there at 20 when we picked.  Pass rushers usually take longer to develop and Chaisson was raw coming out and playing a new position so hopefully he proves everyone wrong

(10-18-2020, 10:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 10:11 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: But DC made the perfect draft choices... Also we needed help on Defense  Rolleyes

As Upper said he, could of took Winfield in the 2nd and was who I wanted day 2.  2of the top 3 picks could of still been on D and got the best WR too.  I do like Shenault but early on JJ is looking like a top WR in the league already and was there at 20 when we picked.  Pass rushers usually take longer to develop and Chaisson was raw coming out and playing a new position so hopefully he proves everyone wrong

Nah, he made the right picks "Ray Charles could see we need defense". Offense is good.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Shenault is pretty good though guys. I really hope no one is selling him short. The guy gets 4 yards after initial contact each time he gets a catch it’s amazing. Not knocking Jefferson at all, I love the Eagles fans tears about taking Reagor over him hahaha

Reagor is going to be really good too. Don't brush him off cause he's had bad injury luck so far.