Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gronk to Tampa Bay

(04-22-2020, 07:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahah just like AB in Oakland right?

Gronk won’t play 16 games. He took off so much time, this season will be so different in terms of off season workouts and now he goes to a new offense and coach.

This is a huge gamble that I don’t think will pay off.

AB in Oak had nothing to do with how good he was he just went crazy.  If it wasn't for him going crazy he would of had an MVP type season.  When he tried out for NO they even said he was the best player on the field and thats with Michael Thomas but they didn't want the drama.  With Gronk, they just have to give up a 4th for the best TE ever thats been rested a year and fresh, that not a gamble its a steal.  You act like he's just been sitting on the couch all year and not been working out and training.  I'm sure he wouldn't be coming back if he wasn't healthy or in shape.
Lol who cares if he’s in shape. Taking a year off of getting hit and blocking DLineman isn’t something to pick up very easily. Gronks body will break down very quickly (which is does just about every season) only this time he won’t have the familiar surroundings.

He certainly won’t dominate this year. I don’t think he will be anywhere close to the player you think he is and add in Evans/Godwin....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:53 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-21-2020, 04:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yep, TB gonna win the SB

So a guy that didn't play at all last year and has been hurt for the last several, suddenly puts them over the top?

Guess he's going to have to 'roid up because he certainly doesn't look like a TE right now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

It'll be fun to watch...for a while.

I just don't have a lot of confidence in Brady in the FL heat. He's never been good in away games in FL. Not to mention the fact that he'll be 43 when the season starts AND he'll be playing in the FL heat..

I'm really curious to see how this goes.

(04-22-2020, 08:07 AM)Rico Wrote: I just don't have a lot of confidence in Brady in the FL heat.  He's never been good in away games in FL.  Not to mention the fact that he'll be 43 when the season starts AND he'll be playing in the FL heat..  

Arians did pretty well in a similar circumstance in Arizona. I think he can put it together for Brady and the really good offensive skill he's got considering the whacky offseason we're going to have.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-22-2020, 08:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:07 AM)Rico Wrote: I just don't have a lot of confidence in Brady in the FL heat.  He's never been good in away games in FL.  Not to mention the fact that he'll be 43 when the season starts AND he'll be playing in the FL heat..  

Arians did pretty well in a similar circumstance in Arizona. I think he can put it together for Brady and the really good offensive skill he's got considering the whacky offseason we're going to have.

AZ is a covered stadium.  Takes the heat (and humidity) out of the equation.  He also didn't do it with a 43 year old QB in said heat and humidity.  He could very well make it work.

Like I said, I'm curious to see how it goes.

(04-22-2020, 08:15 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 08:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Arians did pretty well in a similar circumstance in Arizona. I think he can put it together for Brady and the really good offensive skill he's got considering the whacky offseason we're going to have.

AZ is a covered stadium.  Takes the heat (and humidity) out of the equation.  He also didn't do it with a 43 year old QB in said heat and humidity.  He could very well make it work.

Like I said, I'm curious to see how it goes.
He also won’t have a cake walk for a division anymore. Saints are still the favorites there IMO. Falcons and Panthers will be improved.

Going to be really interesting. Playing in one offense with one coach for so long and then trying to switch it up at 43?

(04-22-2020, 07:50 AM)Rico Wrote:

So a guy that didn't play at all last year and has been hurt for the last several, suddenly puts them over the top?

Guess he's going to have to 'roid up because he certainly doesn't look like a TE right now.

....he HAS been in WWE, how long before that stuff is out of your system?

Is everyone forgetting how badly Tom Brady played last year? Gardner outplayed him.

(04-22-2020, 09:03 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Is everyone forgetting how badly Tom Brady played last year? Gardner outplayed him.

To be fair his best receiver was Julian Edelman.. who was playing outside.. who is also only 5’10.. his line was also bad. However, I do think that the NFC south will be a rude awakening to Brady.. much, much tougher division than the poopy AFC Least

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 09:18 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-22-2020, 09:17 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 09:03 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Is everyone forgetting how badly Tom Brady played last year? Gardner outplayed him.

To be fair his best receiver was Julian Edelman.. who was playing outside.. who is also only 5’10.. his line was also bad. However, I do think that the NFC south will be a rude awakening to Brady.. much, much tougher division than the poopy AFC Least

Exactly.  He had no wide receivers or tight end last year.  And to say that Minshew outplayed him is a bit of a a stretch.

Was it an off year for Brady considering the numbers he usually puts up.  OK...I'll go with that.

(04-22-2020, 09:18 AM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 09:17 AM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: To be fair his best receiver was Julian Edelman.. who was playing outside.. who is also only 5’10.. his line was also bad. However, I do think that the NFC south will be a rude awakening to Brady.. much, much tougher division than the poopy AFC Least

Exactly.  He had no wide receivers or tight end last year.  And to say that Minshew outplayed him is a bit of a a stretch.

Was it an off year for Brady considering the numbers he usually puts up.  OK...I'll go with that.

Did minshew have receivers or a tight end last year? Chark played well, but they have Edelman so that's kind of a wash. Would you rather have Sanu/Harry/Dorsett or Conley/Dede/Cole?? Both team didn't have good TE play st all so that's equally bad for both teams.

(04-22-2020, 07:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: AB in Oak had nothing to do with how good he was he just went crazy.  If it wasn't for him going crazy he would of had an MVP type season.  When he tried out for NO they even said he was the best player on the field and thats with Michael Thomas but they didn't want the drama.  With Gronk, they just have to give up a 4th for the best TE ever thats been rested a year and fresh, that not a gamble its a steal.  You act like he's just been sitting on the couch all year and not been working out and training.  I'm sure he wouldn't be coming back if he wasn't healthy or in shape.
Lol who cares if he’s in shape. Taking a year off of getting hit and blocking DLineman isn’t something to pick up very easily. Gronks body will break down very quickly (which is does just about every season) only this time he won’t have the familiar surroundings.

He certainly won’t dominate this year. I don’t think he will be anywhere close to the player you think he is and add in Evans/Godwin....

He's been staying in shape in the WWE lol

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 10:00 AM by RicoTx.)

(04-22-2020, 09:24 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 09:18 AM)Rico Wrote: Exactly.  He had no wide receivers or tight end last year.  And to say that Minshew outplayed him is a bit of a a stretch.

Did minshew have receivers or a tight end last year? Chark played well, but they have Edelman so that's kind of a wash. Would you rather have Sanu/Harry/Dorsett or Conley/Dede/Cole?? Both team didn't have good TE play st all so that's equally bad for both teams.

The Jaguars receivers every day of the week.  Sanu, Harry and Dorsett are scrubs.  Hell, Cole only had 36 less yards than Sanu.  Even if you count Sanu's Falcons stats both Conley and Westbrook had more yards.  I'd love to have seen what the Jags receivers could have done playing with Brady.

Witten came back and did good and he is much older than Gronk.

I think the Bucs will be in the playoffs but I doubt they go too far. Also, hard to imagine Gronk playing all 16 games but we'll see.

I don't see how this is a bad trade, Gronk will be at least above average and even if he gets hurt they only gave up a 4th.

Bigger question: what’s gonna happen when Fowler decorates Gronk and pins him for the WWE 24/7 CHAMPIONSHIP??

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(04-22-2020, 07:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bucks got a steal.  They get the best TE ever thats fresh and been rested up a year.  Gronk will dominate this year
Hahahah just like AB in Oakland right?

Gronk won’t play 16 games. He took off so much time, this season will be so different in terms of off season workouts and now he goes to a new offense and coach.

While I'm skeptical that he will play a full season, how do you figure it's a huge gamble?  The Bucs only gave up the difference between a 4th and a 7th.  Is that a lot for a HOF level player, even if he has been out a a year?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(04-21-2020, 05:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-21-2020, 04:47 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Fournette for Howard?

I'd do it.

Heck yea.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 05:15 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-22-2020, 07:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:36 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: AB in Oak had nothing to do with how good he was he just went crazy.  If it wasn't for him going crazy he would of had an MVP type season.  When he tried out for NO they even said he was the best player on the field and thats with Michael Thomas but they didn't want the drama.  With Gronk, they just have to give up a 4th for the best TE ever thats been rested a year and fresh, that not a gamble its a steal.  You act like he's just been sitting on the couch all year and not been working out and training.  I'm sure he wouldn't be coming back if he wasn't healthy or in shape.

Cmon man, football 101.  Evans and Godwin will make him better because they will draw the safeties or Gronk will draw doubles and it will give them the single coverage.  His body needed that year off and he will be fresh

(04-22-2020, 07:50 AM)Rico Wrote:

No, Brady put them over the top a healthy Gronk is just a nail in the coffin

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 05:28 PM by Cleatwood.)

(04-22-2020, 01:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Hahahah just like AB in Oakland right?

While I'm skeptical that he will play a full season, how do you figure it's a huge gamble?  The Bucs only gave up the difference between a 4th and a 7th.  Is that a lot for a HOF level player, even if he has been out a a year?
The gamble I’m referring to is alleging that he will be the same Gronk after more than a year away from football.

(04-22-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol who cares if he’s in shape. Taking a year off of getting hit and blocking DLineman isn’t something to pick up very easily. Gronks body will break down very quickly (which is does just about every season) only this time he won’t have the familiar surroundings.

Cmon man, football 101.  Evans and Godwin will make him better because they will draw the safeties or Gronk will draw doubles and it will give them the single coverage.  His body needed that year off and he will be fresh

(04-22-2020, 07:50 AM)Rico Wrote: So a guy that didn't play at all last year and has been hurt for the last several, suddenly puts them over the top?

No, Brady put them over the top a healthy Gronk is just a nail in the coffin
You realize Godwin plays the middle of the field right? 

Hard to have 3 “dominant” type seasons from 3 different players.