Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gronk to Tampa Bay

(04-22-2020, 07:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bucks got a steal.  They get the best TE ever thats fresh and been rested up a year.  Gronk will dominate this year

lol. 

Gronk will be 31 and he hasn't played 16 games in a season since 2011... It's only a matter of time before he's missing games again. His back, elbow, knees etc didn't magically get all better over 1 year. I have no doubt he feels better right now after taking that time off, but that wont last long once the bullets are flying again.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 05:47 PM by Eric1.)

(04-22-2020, 11:06 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Witten came back and did good and he is much older than Gronk.

I think the Bucs will be in the playoffs but I doubt they go too far. Also, hard to imagine Gronk playing all 16 games but we'll see.

I don't see how this is a bad trade, Gronk will be at least above average and even if he gets hurt they only gave up a 4th.

Go look at how many games Witten has missed throughout his entire career and then go look at how many Gronk has missed...

There's a reason this saying exists in football and it's pretty much true.. "Fast guys stay fast, dumb guys stay dumb, and hurt guys stay hurt".

(04-22-2020, 05:26 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 01:12 PM)Sneakers Wrote: While I'm skeptical that he will play a full season, how do you figure it's a huge gamble?  The Bucs only gave up the difference between a 4th and a 7th.  Is that a lot for a HOF level player, even if he has been out a a year?
The gamble I’m referring to is alleging that he will be the same Gronk after more than a year away from football.

(04-22-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cmon man, football 101.  Evans and Godwin will make him better because they will draw the safeties or Gronk will draw doubles and it will give them the single coverage.  His body needed that year off and he will be fresh

No, Brady put them over the top a healthy Gronk is just a nail in the coffin
You realize Godwin plays the middle of the field right? 

Hard to have 3 “dominant” type seasons from 3 different players.
They move Godwin around, he don't just play in the middle.  Where do you think Gronk plays?  Sometimes plays in the seam and sometimes goes out wide or in the slot.  If all Gronk does is draw the safety or a double team its already a win for Godwin and Evans.  There is other ways to make a big impact than just put up numbers but that will come

(04-22-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:46 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol who cares if he’s in shape. Taking a year off of getting hit and blocking DLineman isn’t something to pick up very easily. Gronks body will break down very quickly (which is does just about every season) only this time he won’t have the familiar surroundings.

He certainly won’t dominate this year. I don’t think he will be anywhere close to the player you think he is and add in Evans/Godwin....

Cmon man, football 101.  Evans and Godwin will make him better because they will draw the safeties or Gronk will draw doubles and it will give them the single coverage.  His body needed that year off and he will be fresh

(04-22-2020, 07:50 AM)Rico Wrote: So a guy that didn't play at all last year and has been hurt for the last several, suddenly puts them over the top?

Guess he's going to have to 'roid up because he certainly doesn't look like a TE right now.

Yeah, a 43 year-old Brady put them over the top.  Gotcha.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(04-22-2020, 05:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bucks got a steal.  They get the best TE ever thats fresh and been rested up a year.  Gronk will dominate this year

lol. 

Gronk will be 31 and he hasn't played 16 games in a season since 2011... It's only a matter of time before he's missing games again. His back, elbow, knees etc didn't magically get all better over 1 year. I have no doubt he feels better right now after taking that time off, but that wont last long once the bullets are flying again.

Gronk don't have to play 16 games.  If he could just play half the regular season games and be healthy for the playoffs is all they need with Tom

(04-22-2020, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:38 PM)Eric1 Wrote: lol. 

Gronk don't have to play 16 games.  If he could just play half the regular season games and be healthy for the playoffs is all they need with Tom

So you're basically saying they should keep him in bubble wrap until about week 12?

Pretty big change up from just saying he was going to "dominate this year"..

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 06:04 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-22-2020, 05:50 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Gronk don't have to play 16 games.  If he could just play half the regular season games and be healthy for the playoffs is all they need with Tom

So you're basically saying they should keep him in bubble wrap until about week 12?

Pretty big change up from just saying he was going to "dominate this year"..
Im not saying they should sit him lol.  Im saying all they need is half a season from him and a healthy playoff run to help clinch their 2nd SB win.  I do think he will dominate, of course an injury could happen to anyone so we will see.

Bruce Arians must be like a kid at Christmas. All these new toys to build an O with. Going to be able to create some real nightmare matchups for D's.

And if theres one HC who will take advantage it is Arians.

Look at Tampa tho, few moves and they suddenly look like a playoff contender.

(04-22-2020, 05:46 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:13 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Cmon man, football 101.  Evans and Godwin will make him better because they will draw the safeties or Gronk will draw doubles and it will give them the single coverage.  His body needed that year off and he will be fresh

Yeah, a 43 year-old Brady put them over the top.  Gotcha.

Yes, just like when the 41 year old Brady got NE their 6th championship with nowhere near the weapons he has now.

(04-22-2020, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:46 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, a 43 year-old Brady put them over the top.  Gotcha.

Yes, just like when the 41 year old Brady got NE their 6th championship with nowhere near the weapons he has now.
Lol the defense won them that title. They couldn’t score at all in that SB.

(04-22-2020, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 05:46 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, a 43 year-old Brady put them over the top.  Gotcha.

So two years later, in a climate he's never played well, in a completely different system that he's been playing in, is comparable.

You crack me up man.

(04-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, just like when the 41 year old Brady got NE their 6th championship with nowhere near the weapons he has now.

So two years later, in a climate he's never played well, in a completely different system that he's been playing in, is comparable.

You crack me up man.
AB bout to cut a rug.

Tom Brady and Gronk gonna win the title. Duh!

(04-22-2020, 06:10 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes, just like when the 41 year old Brady got NE their 6th championship with nowhere near the weapons he has now.

You crack me up man.

Hes the GOAT and Gronk is the GOAT TE, keep sleeping on them.

(04-22-2020, 09:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Rico Wrote: So two years later, in a climate he's never played well, in a completely different system that he's been playing in, is comparable.

You crack me up man.

Hes the GOAT and Gronk is the GOAT TE, keep sleeping on them.

LOL

You crack me up man.

[Image: kurt-warner.jpg?w=600]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-23-2020, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:48 PM)Rico Wrote: So two years later, in a climate he's never played well, in a completely different system that he's been playing in, is comparable.

You crack me up man.

[Image: kurt-warner.jpg?w=600]

Can't say I understand what Kurt Warner has to do with this.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 02:44 PM by americus 2.0.)

(04-21-2020, 06:36 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Interesting that Gronk only came back because of Brady not being on the Patriots. Also, Brady seemed ready to leave. Wonder if the Belichick/Coughlin type coaches are going to become a thing of the past.

I read an article yesterday that pretty much said the Belichek culture was why Gronk "retired" and Brady left for greener pastures. Sure, Belichek wins, but at what cost to the players' morale? Sure it's nice to go to the SB but the day in/day out of the Belichek Way gets tedious I'm sure. The farewell letter Brady wrote to the fans only mentions Belichek once and it was a "blink and you'll miss it" kind of thing. 

I think you're right, the hard nose, ball busting style of coaching is going by way of the Edsel.

(04-22-2020, 07:24 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Hahahah just like AB in Oakland right?

Gronk won’t play 16 games. He took off so much time, this season will be so different in terms of off season workouts and now he goes to a new offense and coach.

This is a huge gamble that I don’t think will pay off.

Comparing the Gronk and AB situations is like comparing an Isuzu Pup (truck) to a Chevy Silverado 3500. Or a simple hole in the ground to the Grand Canyon.

Nobody wants to play for Belichick. He is a dictator. The Bill Parcells way doesn’t fly in today’s NFL.

(04-23-2020, 12:01 PM)Rico Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:36 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [Image: kurt-warner.jpg?w=600]

Can't say I understand what Kurt Warner has to do with this.

Check the circumstances of his last Super Bowl trip. Very similar to what is happening in Tampa.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-25-2020, 12:11 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Nobody wants to play for Belichick. He is a dictator. The Bill Parcells way doesn’t fly in today’s NFL.

Might not want too but it = Rings. 
Him and Coughlin have 8 together