Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derrick Brown

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 05:58 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

We have pretty much danced around every draft scenario.  The one thing that hasnt changed is he is still the 3rd best player in this draft and would fill our biggest need.  If Brown falls past 5 what do you think it would take to trade up to 6 or 7 to get the most dominant defensive player in the draft right behind Young?  He is better than Quinnen Williams who went 3rd overall last year.  Id do it for a 4th and maybe a 5th to move up a couple spots to get the one guy that would be the biggest difference maker for this team in the draft

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't trade up for him, just play the board. If the team wants him and he falls, that's fine, but I wouldn't trade up for him.

Especially since there could be a run on QBs and OTs in the first 8 picks, which would likely push him down the board regardless.

It would take atleast our 3rd rounder to jump from 9 to 6....

(04-22-2020, 06:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't trade up for him, just play the board. If the team wants him and he falls, that's fine, but I wouldn't trade up for him.

Especially since there could be a run on QBs and OTs in the first 8 picks, which would likely push him down the board regardless.

Agreed.

Now to answer the question, without even looking at the trade value chart, it would cost us a minimum of our 3rd round pick to move up two slots.  Given our needs, the guys likely to be available at 9, the trade down possibilities from 9, and thechance a guy like Kinlaw being available later, I am not inclined to give up a third to move up two slots from 9.

Now if somehow he is still on the board at 15 or so, maybe I consider moving up from 20 to get him.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 07:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(04-22-2020, 06:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 06:13 PM)Eric1 Wrote: Don't trade up for him, just play the board. If the team wants him and he falls, that's fine, but I wouldn't trade up for him.

Agreed.

Now to answer the question, without even looking at the trade value chart, it would cost us a minimum of our 3rd round pick to move up two slots.  Given our needs, the guys likely to be available at 9, the trade down possibilities from 9, and thechance a guy like Kinlaw being available later, I am not inclined to give up a third to move up two slots from 9.

Now if somehow he is still on the board at 15 or so, maybe I consider moving up from 20 to get him.

When we traded up for Justin Blackmon we traded up 2 spots and gave up a 4th.  If who is there at 15, Brown?  Lol.  What would you be willing to move up from 20 to 15?

(04-22-2020, 06:59 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: It would take atleast our 3rd rounder to jump from 9 to 6....

Yeah, I'm thinking a 3rd to move to 6 and a 4th to move to 7

(04-22-2020, 07:11 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 06:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Agreed.

When we traded up for Justin Blackmon we traded up 2 spots and gave up a 4th.  If who is there at 15, Brown?  Lol.  What would you be willing to move up from 20 to 15?

(04-22-2020, 06:59 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: It would take atleast our 3rd rounder to jump from 9 to 6....

Yeah, I'm thinking a 3rd to move to 6 and a 4th to move to 7

I usually remember that trade up in 2012, but it slipped my mind just then.  Good catch.

That said, there seems to be more...traffic..when it comes to trading up this year.

If we can get away with one of those 4th round picks, then I would be more in favor of moving up.

What would I be willing to give up to move from 20-15?  Per the trade value chart, it would take a 3rd round pick plus as a general rule.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Don’t take the bait.
Don’t take the bait.
Don’t take the bait.

(04-22-2020, 07:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don’t take the bait.
Don’t take the bait.
Don’t take the bait.

You wouldn't like to add another dominant player to the defense along with Allen?   Back to back SEC defensive player of the year award winners and Lott impact award winners?

(04-22-2020, 07:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-22-2020, 07:23 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Don’t take the bait.
Don’t take the bait.
Don’t take the bait.

You wouldn't like to add another dominant player to the defense along with Allen?   Back to back SEC defensive player of the year award winners and Lott impact award winners?
I don’t want to trade up to do it.

If he’s there’s at 9, fine. But giving up a 3rd in a very deep WR draft? Pass. Who is the last DT someone traded up for in the top 10?

If it only costs a 4th ok, if not no thanks.

(04-22-2020, 07:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: If it only costs a 4th ok, if not no thanks.

About how I feel

I just don’t see Brown as good as most I suppose. I’d be comfortable with him at 9, but I’d pick a handful of players before him. I personally wouldn’t trade up for him. I’d only trade up for Okudah or Simmons. Personally, I’d rather have Beckton, Thomas, or Wirfs at 9 than Brown.

if he falls to us great, but no way am I paying more to get him.

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 10:07 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

If he's there at #9 and Okudah is gone, I immediately make Brown the selection, but I would only consider trading up for Burrow and Okudah.

I don't want to trade up from 9 for anyone really. We're going to get Okudah, Brown, Wirfs, or at least Thomas at 9. If all those guys are taken somehow we should have takers to move up for Simmons or a QB. If not, we should draft Jeudy, imo.

Trading up from 20 I'm interested in, depending on who has slide into the mid teens that shouldn't have.

He won't be the best player available at 9, it would be extremely foolish to trade up for him.

(04-23-2020, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: He won't be the best player available at 9, it would be extremely foolish to trade up for him.

I'm pretty sure a top 3 player in this draft would be bpa at 9

(04-23-2020, 02:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:35 PM)Upper Wrote: He won't be the best player available at 9, it would be extremely foolish to trade up for him.

I'm pretty sure a top 3 player in this draft would be bpa at 9

He is getting a lot of bonus points this draft because he is very safe and teams don't have the info they normally have so they're taking the safe way out. It's extremely unlikely that he winds up being a top 9 player from this draft let's put it that way.

(04-23-2020, 04:23 PM)Upper Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 02:59 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm pretty sure a top 3 player in this draft would be bpa at 9

He is getting a lot of bonus points this draft because he is very safe and teams don't have the info they normally have so they're taking the safe way out. It's extremely unlikely that he winds up being a top 9 player from this draft let's put it that way.
Why is he safe?