Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up for Okudah?

This mock has us trading up to 4, sending the 9 and our 2nd round pick to get Okudah.

The guy stated Ngakoue may be sunstituted for the 2.

What would you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmRF7r9...7aMjreRlXQ

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd still hold at 9...a chance Okudah falls if someone likes Henderson better but as has been stated previously we are guaranteed one of:
Brown/Simmons/Wirfs/Jeudy/Lamb/Okudah/Tua/Thomas

And that early 2nd could be a WR or Impact S if Winfield/Delpit are there.

Not trading my 2nd.

I also rather get a second for Yawn that using him to trade up for Okudah.

Definitely not, I wouldn't even do that for Brown

(04-22-2020, 10:07 PM)Bullseye Wrote: This mock has us trading up to 4, sending the 9 and our 2nd round pick to get Okudah.

The guy stated Ngakoue may be sunstituted for the 2.

What would you think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHmRF7r9...7aMjreRlXQ

I would stand pat and not trade up. Okudah might fall to us, expect big money, then demand a trade for two first round picks.
Shad Khan and David Caldwell are personal friends of a close relative. Leonard, too. Gardner? How does anybody know about Minshew?

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2020, 11:57 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

I love Okudah so much and have him rated so highly at CB, (our biggest need imo,) that I'd be down for almost any trade that would land us his talents. He is far and away, the top defensive player on my board and a guy that is the best CB prospect coming into the draft since Patrick Peterson. In an age where I was beginning to think lockdown corners were a thing of the past, Okudah has revived my faith in the position. As I said before, Okudah is everything Ramsey wishes he was, but isn't.

(04-22-2020, 11:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I love Okudah so much and have him rated so highly at CB, (our biggest need imo,) that I'd be down for almost any trade that would land us his talents. He is far and away, the top defensive player on my board and a guy that is the best CB prospect coming into the draft since Patrick Peterson. In an age where I was beginning to think lockdown corners were a thing of the past, Okudah has revived my faith in the position. As I said before, Okudah is everything Ramsey wishes he was, but isn't.

Chase Young is a pretty good defensive player. Where is he on your board?
Shad Khan and David Caldwell are personal friends of a close relative. Leonard, too. Gardner? How does anybody know about Minshew?

(04-22-2020, 11:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I love Okudah so much and have him rated so highly at CB, (our biggest need imo,) that I'd be down for almost any trade that would land us his talents. He is far and away, the top defensive player on my board and a guy that is the best CB prospect coming into the draft since Patrick Peterson. In an age where I was beginning to think lockdown corners were a thing of the past, Okudah has revived my faith in the position. As I said before, Okudah is everything Ramsey wishes he was, but isn't.

Okudah is absolutely an amazing prospect, but to think that Ramsey wasn't/isn't a true lockdown cornerback is straight up disingenuous.

Sure, he's a nutcase and what he did was disgusting but as far as talent goes - he's top 3 in the NFL.

This team needs talent. Trading up usually signals your team is QB needy or one player away. Giving up a top 2nd round pick for 1 player just isn’t smart.

Lets say the Jags are able to nab Brown at 9 and a WR or corner in the 2nd round. Would you take that or Okudah?

(04-23-2020, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
This team needs talent. Trading up usually signals your team is QB needy or one player away. Giving up a top 2nd round pick for 1 player just isn’t smart.

Lets say the Jags are able to nab Brown at 9 and a WR or corner in the 2nd round. Would you take that or Okudah?

Why not do both? If he falls to 5 we could throw in a 3rd then we can trade one of our 4ths and our 5th for a 3rd

(04-23-2020, 08:01 AM)ColoJag Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This team needs talent. Trading up usually signals your team is QB needy or one player away. Giving up a top 2nd round pick for 1 player just isn’t smart.

Why not do both? If he falls to 5 we could throw in a 3rd then we can trade one of our 4ths and our 5th for a 3rd
Not totally opposed to that. I personally just don’t want to give up a top 50 pick.

If we can preserve picks 9 20 and 42? I think that’s ok.

Cardinals receive: 
» 2018 first-round pick (No. 10) -- Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Raiders receive: 
» 2018 first-round pick (No. 15) -- Kolton Miller, T, UCLA 
» 2018 third-round pick (No. 79) -- traded to Steelers 
» 2018 fifth-round pick (No. 152) -- traded to Ravens

If we could give up a 3rd and a 5th to move up I'd be down

No trading UP please.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 10:21 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(04-23-2020, 04:26 AM)Burrguar Wrote:

Chase Young is a pretty good defensive player. Where is he on your board?

I love Chase young and believe he is a dominant player. He's not perfect though. He was completely shut down in the Michigan game by Jon Runyan Jr. and basically did nothing against Clemson. With that said, he's my #3 overall prospect behind Burrow and Okudah.

(04-23-2020, 04:44 AM)enigma Wrote:

Okudah is absolutely an amazing prospect, but to think that Ramsey wasn't/isn't a true lockdown cornerback is straight up disingenuous.

Sure, he's a nutcase and what he did was disgusting but as far as talent goes - he's top 3 in the NFL.

I didn't say Ramsey wasn't good. I just believe Okudah is better.

(04-23-2020, 07:57 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Okudah. He's just so much better than every other CB in this draft. Miles better. I currently have NO confidence in either one of our current projected starting CB's.

(04-23-2020, 10:17 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 04:26 AM)Burrguar Wrote: Chase Young is a pretty good defensive player. Where is he on your board?

I love Chase young and believe he is a dominant player. He's not perfect though. He was completely shut down in the Michigan game by Jon Runyan Jr. and basically did nothing against Clemson. With that said, he's my #3 overall prospect behind Burrow and Okudah.

(emphasis added)

I disagree with the portion in bold.  I just saw clips yesterday.  He had several hits on Lawrence in that game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-23-2020, 08:27 AM)Rico Wrote: No trading UP please.

I might have a fever...this is 3 times in a row I've agreed with Rico.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(04-23-2020, 11:32 AM)PF* Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 08:27 AM)Rico Wrote: No trading UP please.

I might have a fever...this is 3 times in a row I've agreed with Rico.

Stop doing that.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

For Okudah absolutely he is worth 9 and Yannick or 42. Get one of the clear top 2 non QBs in the draft.

(04-23-2020, 01:36 PM)Upper Wrote: For Okudah absolutely he is worth 9 and Yannick or 42. Get one of the clear top 2 non QBs in the draft.

Top3. Simmons and Young are better prospects
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-23-2020, 02:18 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 01:36 PM)Upper Wrote: For Okudah absolutely he is worth 9 and Yannick or 42. Get one of the clear top 2 non QBs in the draft.

Top3. Simmons and Young are better prospects

[Image: giphy.gif]