Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up for Okudah?

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 05:13 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson.
On draft day, I would have agreed with you...though I was more of a Wirfs guy.
Now that I've seen Henderson in two games...I'm less sold on that proposition.
I wasn't a big fan of Lamb or Chaisson coming into the draft.
Both have shown a flash or so.
But under the idea of getting Minshew as much help as possible to see what exactly we have in him, I would have taken your pair over the guys we took.
I was a Wirfs guy as well, I thought Cann had reached his peak and he has been the weak spot on the oline since we drafted him.  With that said, he is having career year and I'm now glad we got the best corner in the draft.  Sheanault in the 2nd is also much better value than Lamb in the 1st imo and Lamb was one of my favorite WRs, i didn't think Shenault would of made it to us and his biggest question mark was health which is why he fell.  A healthy Shenault though were he was drafted is a steal and I think his style of play is better for this offense than Lamb would of been.  He is a big part of why the passing game has been so good the first few weeks with him always in motion and moving around.  He can beat you in so many different ways and he is opening things up for others

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 02:21 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I'd still take Wills + Lamb over Henderson and Chaisson.
On draft day, I would have agreed with you...though I was more of a Wirfs guy.
But under the idea of getting Minshew as much help as possible to see what exactly we have in him, I would have taken your pair over the guys we took.

That was my point.

I am not saying our picks are bad either

Henderson has played well, and sure, he was really important for the win vs the Colts. 
Chaisson, I wouldn't say he is been bad nor good we all knew he needed time so we'll see. 
Schenault looks good, maybe he does end up being better than Lamb.

I am just saying those 2 would have been my picks (trading up for Lamb wasn't impossible), both have been good. It's just that some people act like in 2 games it is already a fact that Caldwell made the perfect picks.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 05:24 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-23-2020, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: On draft day, I would have agreed with you...though I was more of a Wirfs guy.

That was my point.

Henderson has played well, and sure, he was really important for the win vs the Colts. 
Chaisson, I wouldn't say he is been bad nor good we all knew he needed time so we'll see. 

I am just saying those 2 would have been my picks (trading up for Lamb wasn't impossible), both have been good. It's just that some people act like in 2 games it is already a fact that Caldwell made the perfect picks.

I wanted Wirfs and Winfield in the first because I didnt think Winfield would of been there in the 2nd.  Winfield is already playing like one of the best safeties in the league right now.  With that said I think the addition of Shenault in the 2nd is a big reason for Minshew's progression with the different things he can do and the different looks he can give the defense. It would of probably cost a 2nd or 3rd to trade up to get Lamb, JJ was in love with Lamb. You have to look at value as well, Shenault in the 2nd is much better value

(09-23-2020, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 04:54 PM)Bullseye Wrote: On draft day, I would have agreed with you...though I was more of a Wirfs guy.

That was my point.

Though I defend Caldwell, I am far from sold on Chaisson at this point.

As for Lamb I think Dallas is a good spot for him.

I had concerns about his ability to separate, but with him playing in the slot with two capable receivers outside of him, he can thrive.  Not sure if he would have played slot here.

I like what I have seen from Shenault at this point.  I also like that the team is being creative in his use, though part of me wants him to stick to WR and learn the position.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(09-24-2020, 05:01 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: That was my point.

Though I defend Caldwell, I am far from sold on Chaisson at this point.

As for Lamb I think Dallas is a good spot for him.

I had concerns about his ability to separate, but with him playing in the slot with two capable receivers outside of him, he can thrive.  Not sure if he would have played slot here.

I like what I have seen from Shenault at this point.  I also like that the team is being creative in his use, though part of me wants him to stick to WR and learn the position.

I  wasnt a fan of the Chaisson pick either.  If we went DE I wanted Espenesa, but he has looked better than him early on.  Chaisson is a boom or bust pick imo, very high potential pick.  He got much better as the season went on though and played great in the playoffs as he was coming of am ACL.  He has honestly looked much better already than I expected.  He is already looks better than Yawn against the run

(09-23-2020, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 05:12 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: That was my point.

I wanted Wirfs and Winfield in the first because I didnt think Winfield would of been there in the 2nd.  Winfield is already playing like one of the best safeties in the league right now.  With that said I think the addition of Shenault in the 2nd is a big reason for Minshew's progression with the different things he can do and the different looks he can give the defense.  It would of probably cost a 2nd or 3rd to trade up to get Lamb, JJ was in love with Lamb.  You have to look at value as well, Shenault in the 2nd is much better value

Yeah, that's just your opinion. It's not a fact and it doesn't mean you are right.

JJ was in love with Lamb? you got a link for that?

https://247sports.com/Article/Dallas-Cow...was%20Lamb.

Doesn't sound like he was in love with him before the draft... at all.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

4 sacks allowed and only 13 points vs the Dolphins, we obviously don't need any help on Offense.

Great game by our drafted rookies though.

CeeDee Lamb 309 yards 2 TDs 13 rushing yards
Justin Jefferson 348 yards 1 TD
Shenault 196 yards 1 TD and 48 rushing yards

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2020, 08:57 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(10-04-2020, 06:00 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: CeeDee Lamb 309 yards 2 TDs 13 rushing yards
Justin Jefferson 348 yards 1 TD
Shenault 196 yards 1 TD and 48 rushing yards

Jeudy 247 yards 1 TD. Amazing what Jefferson is doing in that Min offense

Alternate headline could have been: For Caldwell and Marrone, drafting Henderson was the ultimate mistake.

(12-15-2020, 10:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Alternate headline could have been: For Caldwell and Marrone, drafting Henderson was the ultimate mistake.

Henderson hasn't been that bad.
I don't think any pick at 9 was going to be a season saver for them.

(12-15-2020, 10:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Alternate headline could have been: For Caldwell and Marrone, drafting Henderson and Chaisson was the ultimate mistake.

(12-15-2020, 10:22 PM)Upper Wrote: Alternate headline could have been: For Caldwell and Marrone, drafting Henderson was the ultimate mistake.

What pick would of saved them at 9?

(12-16-2020, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

What pick would of saved them at 9?

Wirfs, Wills, or Becton. And then Jefferson at 20, and then Winfield Jr with our early 2nd. Aka exactly what this board would have drafted if we had a poll.

(12-17-2020, 10:10 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 05:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: What pick would of saved them at 9?

Wirfs, Wills, or Becton. And then Jefferson at 20, and then Winfield Jr with our early 2nd. Aka exactly what this board would have drafted if we had a poll.

Nah... we're still a 1 or 2 win team with those guys on this team.

Ya know why? Because the D sucks and the QB hasn't been good. None of those picks dramatically change either of those.

(12-18-2020, 10:11 AM)Kane Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 10:10 PM)Upper Wrote: Wirfs, Wills, or Becton. And then Jefferson at 20, and then Winfield Jr with our early 2nd. Aka exactly what this board would have drafted if we had a poll.

Nah... we're still a 1 or 2 win team with those guys on this team.

Ya know why? Because the D sucks and the QB hasn't been good. None of those picks dramatically change either of those.

We wouldn't have more wins, but if the feeling was that we came away with 3 franchise players instead of a dude who had one good week and then has been blah/injured and a guy who has been downright awful for 90% of the season thus far maybe he survives.

(12-18-2020, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 10:11 AM)Kane Wrote: Nah... we're still a 1 or 2 win team with those guys on this team.

We wouldn't have more wins, but if the feeling was that we came away with 3 franchise players instead of a dude who had one good week and then has been blah/injured and a guy who has been downright awful for 90% of the season thus far maybe he survives.

No guarantee any of those guys have the good seasons they are having on THIS team though.
And honestly, it's about wins and losses so without more wins I don't think Dave and Doug were surviving. They had to at least muster 5-6 wins I think.

Khan didn't look at the 2020 draft picks and go "oh yeah... those guys aren't very good, NOW I gotta get rid of Caldwell"

(12-18-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 11:12 AM)Upper Wrote: We wouldn't have more wins, but if the feeling was that we came away with 3 franchise players instead of a dude who had one good week and then has been blah/injured and a guy who has been downright awful for 90% of the season thus far maybe he survives.

No guarantee any of those guys have the good seasons they are having on THIS team though.
And honestly, it's about wins and losses so without more wins I don't think Dave and Doug were surviving. They had to at least muster 5-6 wins I think.

Khan didn't look at the 2020 draft picks and go "oh yeah... those guys aren't very good, NOW I gotta get rid of Caldwell"

Disagree, the performance of this year's picks was the straw. Had those other three been here and played as they have we'd have more bright spots than a single UDFA running back and that would've bolstered Caldwell. Instead his picks look atrocious and Bye Dave-licia. And of course I was pounding the table to #firecaldwell the minute the Hender-bust pick was announced, so it rings very true with me personally.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(12-19-2020, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: No guarantee any of those guys have the good seasons they are having on THIS team though.

Disagree, the performance of this year's picks was the straw. Had those other three been here and played as they have we'd have more bright spots than a single UDFA running back and that would've bolstered Caldwell. Instead his picks look atrocious and Bye Dave-licia. And of course I was pounding the table to #firecaldwell the minute the Hender-bust pick was announced, so it rings very true with me personally.

Henderson isn't a bust.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]