Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade up for Okudah?

(12-19-2020, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 12:17 PM)Kane Wrote: No guarantee any of those guys have the good seasons they are having on THIS team though.
And honestly, it's about wins and losses so without more wins I don't think Dave and Doug were surviving. They had to at least muster 5-6 wins I think.

Khan didn't look at the 2020 draft picks and go "oh yeah... those guys aren't very good, NOW I gotta get rid of Caldwell"

Disagree, the performance of this year's picks was the straw. Had those other three been here and played as they have we'd have more bright spots than a single UDFA running back and that would've bolstered Caldwell. Instead his picks look atrocious and Bye Dave-licia. And of course I was pounding the table to #firecaldwell the minute the Hender-bust pick was announced, so it rings very true with me personally.

Lol, at times CJ has looked like the best corner in the draft while guarding the other teams number 1 WR.  Chaisson was a much worse pick especially when Jefferson and Winfield were sitting there

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No one is worth trading up for.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(12-19-2020, 04:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote: No one is worth trading up for.

Are you saying nobody in this draft, or nobody generally speaking?

I would certainly disagree on both instances.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-19-2020, 10:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 04:28 PM)Jag149 Wrote: No one is worth trading up for.

Are you saying nobody in this draft, or nobody generally speaking?

You think we should of traded up for Okudah last year?  Its rare you should trade up for a player if you're picking in the top 10, this might be that year with Lawrence one spot in front of us depending on what it would take.  But you should never trade up for a corner like this thread was about

(12-20-2020, 12:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-19-2020, 10:31 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Are you saying nobody in this draft, or nobody generally speaking?

You think we should of traded up for Okudah last year?  Its rare you should trade up for a player if you're picking in the top 10, this might be that year with Lawrence one spot in front of us depending on what it would take.  But you should never trade up for a corner like this thread was about

Hindsight is 20/20. Had we known how things had turned out and who Caldwell would draft, I would've given both first round picks and then some to move up and get Justin Herbert. Oh well, there's no point in looking back.

(12-20-2020, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:00 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: You think we should of traded up for Okudah last year?  Its rare you should trade up for a player if you're picking in the top 10, this might be that year with Lawrence one spot in front of us depending on what it would take.  But you should never trade up for a corner like this thread was about

Hindsight is 20/20. Had we known how things had turned out and who Caldwell would draft, I would've given both first round picks and then some to move up and get Justin Herbert. Oh well, there's no point in looking back.

Regardless, Okudah is a corner .  Herbert was the 2nd best QB prospect with all the traits you want in a QB.  Huge difference, even if Herbert didn't pan out he moved up for his QB

(12-20-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20. Had we known how things had turned out and who Caldwell would draft, I would've given both first round picks and then some to move up and get Justin Herbert. Oh well, there's no point in looking back.

Regardless, Okudah is a corner .  Herbert was the 2nd best QB prospect with all the traits you want in a QB.  Huge difference, even if Herbert didn't pan out he moved up for his QB

I don't know about that. His completion percentage in college wasn't that impressive and that's why I had some concerns about him, especially in 2018 when it dipped below 60%. He proved me wrong though and I have since learned to look more carefully at those numbers. In the case of Herbert and Josh Allen, part of the problem was that they were throwing to bad receivers. Both of them taught me a valuable lesson when evaluating QB's. While I liked Herbert, I wasn't completely sold on him. I just flat out didn't like Josh Allen. I was wrong in both cases.

(12-20-2020, 12:32 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Regardless, Okudah is a corner .  Herbert was the 2nd best QB prospect with all the traits you want in a QB.  Huge difference, even if Herbert didn't pan out he moved up for his QB

I don't know about that. His completion percentage in college wasn't that impressive and that's why I had some concerns about him, especially in 2018 when it dipped below 60%. He proved me wrong though and I have since learned to look more carefully at those numbers. In the case of Herbert and Josh Allen, part of the problem was that they were throwing to bad receivers. Both of them taught me a valuable lesson when evaluating QB's. While I liked Herbert, I wasn't completely sold on him. I just flat out didn't like Josh Allen. I was wrong in both cases.

If you have trash to throw to you're not gonna have a high completion to throw to.  You think if they played at Ohio St or Alabama  they would of had that comp.% ?  They possibly would of won a championship and a Heisman.

(12-20-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20. Had we known how things had turned out and who Caldwell would draft, I would've given both first round picks and then some to move up and get Justin Herbert. Oh well, there's no point in looking back.

Then Herbert should have gone #2 to Washington.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 02:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Regardless, Okudah is a corner .  Herbert was the 2nd best QB prospect with all the traits you want in a QB.  Huge difference, even if Herbert didn't pan out he moved up for his QB

Young at DE was like Sewell at LT and its hard to pass up a generational type talent like that

(12-20-2020, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Then Herbert should have gone #2 to Washington.

Young at DE was like Sewell at LT and its hard to pass up a generational type talent like that
And they will go no where unless they have a QB.

(12-20-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Young at DE was like Sewell at LT and its hard to pass up a generational type talent like that

Yup, a lot like Mario Williams and Jake Long types. Excellent players that made little tangible difference in the franchises direction sans a QB.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 03:12 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(12-20-2020, 02:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Young at DE was like Sewell at LT and its hard to pass up a generational type talent like that

Agreed, they need their QB.  Im sure they will draft one this year

(12-20-2020, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And they will go no where unless they have a QB.

Yup, a lot like Mario Williams and Jake Long types. Excellent players that made little tangible difference in the franchises direction sans a QB.

Yeah, they needed a QB and played on bad teams  Who said you dont need a QB? Lol

(12-20-2020, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:56 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And they will go no where unless they have a QB.

Would you of taken Young, Cutler, or Leinart?

(12-20-2020, 03:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Agreed, they need their QB.  Im sure they will draft one this year

(12-20-2020, 03:04 PM)Upper Wrote: Yup, a lot like Mario Williams and Jake Long types. Excellent players that made little tangible difference in the franchises direction sans a QB.

Yeah, they needed a QB and played on bad teams  Who said you dont need a QB? Lol
You’re acting like everyone knew Herbert would be this good this quickly.

If everyone knew this, he may have gone ahead of Burrow.

(12-20-2020, 03:22 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 03:09 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Agreed, they need their QB.  Im sure they will draft one this year

You’re acting like everyone knew Herbert would be this good this quickly.

If everyone knew this, he may have gone ahead of Burrow.

Where did I say that?  Herbert was a high QB prospect for a couple years.  Its not lile he came out of nowhere like Burrow came on.  I was high on Herbert and thought he would be a really good QB but I didnt think he would be this good this quick

I never think any rookie QB will be that good that quick. Herbert is setting rookie records

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2020, 04:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(12-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:

Exactly.

Agreed, but if we don't get one in 2021, that doesn't exclude us from getting one in 2022. I'd rather wait a year and get a really good QB than to waste a pick on a dud in this draft.

(12-20-2020, 04:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 02:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Then Herbert should have gone #2 to Washington.

Exactly.

Herbert is a good example that a player shouldn't be docked for what type of offense they play in (unless it's the triple option).
Oregon is notorious for the type of up-tempo, spread offense that they run - and look how Herbert has panned out so far.
With that, I'm not defending Fields because he's been trending down, but if we're knocking him for playing in a certain type of offense - then Wilson should be subjected equally to the same criticism.

(12-20-2020, 04:32 PM)enigma Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 04:25 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Exactly.

Herbert is a good example that a player shouldn't be docked for what type of offense they play in (unless it's the triple option).
Oregon is notorious for the type of up-tempo, spread offense that they run - and look how Herbert has panned out so far.
With that, I'm not defending Fields because he's been trending down, but if we're knocking him for playing in a certain type of offense - then Wilson should be subjected equally to the same criticism.

The biggest knock on Hebert were his leadership skills and his lack of being a vocal leader. That was by far his biggest criticism coming out. No one questioned his physical skills.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]