Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
C.J. Henderson - Rd1, Pick 9 (merged)

https://twitter.com/SpazzLion/status/125...3780003848

Lol he wants to cry!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#becausejagusrs

Why trade Ramsey and bouye just to get another corner?

Gene Caldwell at his best

F- At 9
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Damn.

Really wanted Kinlaw to be there for us but SF selected him.

Crazy how often they draft a D-lineman in the first round.

That video doesnt continue on where his dad went to congratulate him and he looked even more miserable. Is it true he has the same agent as Ramsey?

(04-23-2020, 10:01 PM)enigma Wrote: Damn.

Really wanted Kinlaw to be there for us but SF selected him.

Crazy how often they draft a D-lineman in the first round.

Couldn't pull the trigger on a 1st rounder for Yan either. It's not playing out well. Kinlaw, Becton, Whirfs, Jeudy, Ruggs off board. No one is falling. Best bests are Lamb and Jefferson. But neither will fall.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

I really want to like the Henderson pick but it's a little hard for me.

I just didn't see him as a top 10 talent. Oh well, as long as he comes in and shuts down one side of the field.

Perhaps he might jump a route or we going to continue this soft zone leaving space for YAC and missed tackles?

(04-23-2020, 09:33 PM)Dimson Wrote: I love the pick. He is by far the second best CB in the draft.

Agreed, he's a notch below Okudah but is solidly in that first tier of CB's who can produce right away. He's been disrespected/undervalued in all the mock drafts. The guy is fast, has great ball skills and can blitz. He reminds me a bit of Rashean Mathis, both of which had the singular knock of not being the greatest tacklers. I'm very ok with the pick but obviously would've preferred one of the OT's that were available. Anyone calling it a "reach" is speaking in hyperbole frankly.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(04-23-2020, 09:58 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/SpazzLion/status/125...3780003848

Lol he wants to cry!

IKR....Jeez kid, try to contain your enthusiasm.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(04-23-2020, 10:12 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 09:33 PM)Dimson Wrote: I love the pick. He is by far the second best CB in the draft.

Agreed, he's a notch below Okudah but is solidly in that first tier of CB's who can produce right away. He's been disrespected/undervalued in all the mock drafts. The guy is fast, has great ball skills and can blitz. He reminds me a bit of Rashean Mathis, both of which had the singular knock of not being the greatest tacklers. I'm very ok with the pick but obviously would've preferred one of the OT's that were available. Anyone calling it a "reach" is speaking in hyperbole frankly.

Did you think he was the 9th best player coming out of CFB?

After all these years, I have no idea what kind of team Caldwell is trying to assemble

(04-23-2020, 10:19 PM)Haterade Wrote: After all these years, I have no idea what kind of team Caldwell is trying to assemble

An English one.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(04-23-2020, 10:19 PM)Haterade Wrote: After all these years, I have no idea what kind of team Caldwell is trying to assemble

A losing one?

If that is the goal, DC has done a great job.  1st round bust after bust, a team devoid of talent with no identity.  Yet Khan keeps him and bologna man here year after year.

Great Pick IMO. Who else was there? OT? not a need, WR a joke as is deep in that class, so a great pick and fills a need.

I wanted Kinlaw. I still have nightmares of Henry running the length of the field against us. I will say, though, that Henderson likely wouldn't have been available at 20, as I previously thought. Atlanta probably would have taken him. They reached for their CB.

I will say some DBs have come off that look way worse than CJ. We had to fill the need, definitely not a high value pick though.

The Raiders reached to get a CB. So there's a run on CBs, and the Jags got the second best one - a positon of need.

(04-23-2020, 10:13 PM)enigma Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 10:12 PM)Firesky Wrote: Agreed, he's a notch below Okudah but is solidly in that first tier of CB's who can produce right away. He's been disrespected/undervalued in all the mock drafts. The guy is fast, has great ball skills and can blitz. He reminds me a bit of Rashean Mathis, both of which had the singular knock of not being the greatest tacklers. I'm very ok with the pick but obviously would've preferred one of the OT's that were available. Anyone calling it a "reach" is speaking in hyperbole frankly.

Did you think he was the 9th best player coming out of CFB?

Do teams go straight BAP or does position (ex: you're not drafting a Guard in the top 10 etc.) factor in? Does their potential and celing become a factor? And yes I think he's easily top 15 coming out of CFB, and he's 1000% top 10 in terms of celing.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(04-23-2020, 09:58 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: https://twitter.com/SpazzLion/status/125...3780003848

Lol he wants to cry!

https://twitter.com/hendersonchris_/stat...61472?s=21
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Bunny with the premium insider info coming in clutch haha.