Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ben Bartch - Rd 4, Pick 116

With the 116th pick in the 4th round, we selected Ben Bartch, OT, St. Johns

Thoughts on him?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dave got one right!

(04-25-2020, 12:36 PM)Upper Wrote: Dave got one right!

That’s your guy. Good call!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Who cares? it only matters what the big boys think of him  Laughing Gotta wait to hear from Caldwell and Marrone  Laughing

I frickin' love this pick. I have a family connection to St. John's, and they love Bartch. Green as hell at tackle without much playing time there, but he looked like a natural there. Sleeper who's going to take a couple of years, but could be a stud over the long haul.

Have no idea about him, but I hope he can come in and make a difference with some competition.

High high ceiling but needs lot of work. Can't teach his mobility though, I like the pick.

Meh, hard to get excited about 4th rounders starting on the line. We will see I guess. They botched the offensive line this offseason, this changes nothing.

I think he probably gets utilized as a 6th Offensive linemen as a "Big" Blocking TE or kicks inside to Guard since he has shorter arms & played Division 2 competition.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(This post was last modified: 04-25-2020, 12:40 PM by JNev.)

Posted in the other thread but it's more applicable here:
Interview with Bartch
https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2020/02/1...interview/

I love this pick.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(04-25-2020, 12:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Meh, hard to get excited about 4th rounders starting on the line. We will see I guess. They botched the offensive line this offseason, this changes nothing.

The odds of any day 3 pick becoming a starter is 10%. These are the types you want to take though.

(04-25-2020, 12:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Meh, hard to get excited about 4th rounders starting on the line. We will see I guess. They botched the offensive line  this offseason, this changes nothing.

There is always this guy every pick. Congratulations on being that guy.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

FB as well maybe?

"I think the intimidation factor is very important. I enjoy a good pancake. I enjoy finishing a guy off through the whistle. I think those things really set the tone. They understand that it’s personal when you’re blocking them through the whistle. You have to protect your quarterback at all costs. It goes back to the pancakes. I enjoy taking souls, so to speak."

Already like this guy! Definitely sounds like a project. Dave and team clearly like our starters.

(04-25-2020, 12:42 PM)Dimson Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 12:39 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Meh, hard to get excited about 4th rounders starting on the line. We will see I guess. They botched the offensive line  this offseason, this changes nothing.

I'm sorry that I want to see actual protection for our QB. Imagine not wanting your QB to get slaughtered? IMAGINEEEE? We drafted a developmental guy for an offensive line that needs immediate help at LT and RG. I'm so happy.

Dudes an offensive guard not a tackle. This has to be the most disappointing draft in a long time.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(04-25-2020, 12:44 PM)rfc17 Wrote: "I think the intimidation factor is very important. I enjoy a good pancake. I enjoy finishing a guy off through the whistle. I think those things really set the tone. They understand that it’s personal when you’re blocking them through the whistle. You have to protect your quarterback at all costs. It goes back to the pancakes. I enjoy taking souls, so to speak."

Already like this guy!  Definitely sounds like a project.  Dave and team clearly like our starters.

I love that quote LOL.

(04-25-2020, 12:42 PM)Dimson Wrote:

Haha yea two sides of the spectrum you love every pick he hates all of them.  Btw wasnt he div 3 not 2

(04-25-2020, 12:41 PM)Upper Wrote:

The odds of any day 3 pick becoming a starter is 10%. These are the types you want to take though.

Yeah, I'd be stoked if we had an O line. We don't. This guy pencils in at RG right now. LOL.