Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2021 - NFL Mock Draft Simulator

(09-26-2020, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 02:12 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We have to draft Pitts to complete our offense

He was gone early in my draft and we need big pass rushers on the edge and inside to get to opposing QB's. I wouldn't pass up Basham and Twyman for any player right now.

After Pitts' 4 t.d.'s today, we'd likely have to use our top pick to get him and I agree that defensive line is the priority. However, I would be very tempted to take Freirmuth with the 2nd first round pick. I'm sick and tired of this team passing on good tight ends in the draft and both those guys are difference makers. A first round of Basham and Freirmuth would be ideal followed up by taking an interior pass rusher with the first 2nd round pick. My guess is someone desirable like Barmore or Tufele will be available early in round 2, which is where the Jags will pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-26-2020, 07:00 PM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 02:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He was gone early in my draft and we need big pass rushers on the edge and inside to get to opposing QB's. I wouldn't pass up Basham and Twyman for any player right now.

After Pitts' 4 t.d.'s today, we'd likely have to use our top pick to get him and I agree that defensive line is the priority. However, I would be very tempted to take Freirmuth with the 2nd first round pick. I'm sick and tired of this team passing on good tight ends in the draft and both those guys are difference makers. A first round of Basham and Freirmuth would be ideal followed up by taking an interior pass rusher with the first 2nd round pick. My guess is someone desirable like Barmore or Tufele will be available early in round 2, which is where the Jags will pick.

The problem is that Barmore is not much of an inside pass rusher at all. He certainly doesn't collapse the pocket much and Tufele opted out this year, so I don't really trust him enough to be "the guy" at 3 technique. I'd be more than satisfied to roll with O'Shaughnessy and Eifert one more season if it means adding two defensive players who can truly get to the opposing QB and take enough pressure off Allen, that he can get free more often to make plays. TE's like Kolar, Bushman and Pederson are some overlooked TE's that I like a lot. They could be had later in the draft.

(09-26-2020, 08:14 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-26-2020, 07:00 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: After Pitts' 4 t.d.'s today, we'd likely have to use our top pick to get him and I agree that defensive line is the priority. However, I would be very tempted to take Freirmuth with the 2nd first round pick. I'm sick and tired of this team passing on good tight ends in the draft and both those guys are difference makers. A first round of Basham and Freirmuth would be ideal followed up by taking an interior pass rusher with the first 2nd round pick. My guess is someone desirable like Barmore or Tufele will be available early in round 2, which is where the Jags will pick.

The problem is that Barmore is not much of an inside pass rusher at all. He certainly doesn't collapse the pocket much and Tufele opted out this year, so I don't really trust him enough to be "the guy" at 3 technique. I'd be more than satisfied to roll with O'Shaughnessy and Eifert one more season if it means adding two defensive players who can truly get to the opposing QB and take enough pressure off Allen, that he can get free more often to make plays. TE's like Kolar, Bushman and Pederson are some overlooked TE's that I like a lot. They could be had later in the draft.

TheO-lineMatters what are your thoughts about Greg Rousseau (DT)? 
LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

I am assuming we win like 6-8 games and Minshew looks promising...

1a: Kyle Pitts TE - An absolute matchup nightmare. Perfect safety blanket for Minshew.

1b: Jaylen Twyman DT - Our poor man’s Aaron Donald.

2a: Jackson Carman LT - Immediate starter at LG

2b: Hamsah Nasirikdeen SAF - Challenges Josh Jones as SS

3: Charles Snowden LB - Can play LB or Edge

4a: Max Borghi RB - Reunites with Minshew and replaces Chris Thompson

4b: Kadarius Toney WR - Human joystick that can play WR, RB, and returner

5: Josh Sills OG - Eventual replacement for Andrew Norwell

6: Aubrey Solomon DT - Big bodied run-stuffer

7: Ben Mason FB - Blocks, can run in goalines packages, and has played some D-Line

No trades, firstpick:

Round 1 Pick 14: JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 25: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 14: Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14: Richie Grant, FS/SS, UCF (A+)
Round 4 Pick 25: DaShaun White, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 14: Ifeanyi Maijeh, DT, Temple (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Hamilcar Rashed, DE/OLB, Oregon State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Larry Rountree, RB, Missouri (A+)
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(10-07-2020, 03:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: No trades, firstpick:

Round 1 Pick 14: JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU (A+)
Round 1 Pick 25: Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3: Travis Etienne, RB, Clemson (A+)
Round 2 Pick 14: Pat Freiermuth, TE, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 14: Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee (A+)
Round 4 Pick 14: Richie Grant, FS/SS, UCF (A+)
Round 4 Pick 25: DaShaun White, ILB/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Hamilcar Rashed, DE/OLB, Oregon State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Larry Rountree, RB, Missouri (A+)

Can you imagine lining up Chark, Chase, and Shenault?
I mean... WR isn't where I'd be looking in round 1 this year, but damn that's a nice trio of wideouts.

Round 1 Pick 14: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A)
Round 1 Pick 25: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida (B)
Round 2 Pick 3: Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee (A)
Round 2 Pick 14: Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia (A)
Round 3 Pick 14: Tyree Johnson, DE/OLB, Texas A&M (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Derion Kendrick, CB, Clemson (A+)
Round 4 Pick 25: Dimitri Moore, ILB/OLB, Vanderbilt (A+)
Round 5 Pick 21: Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 14: Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 14: Dante Stills, DT, West Virginia (A+)

(10-10-2020, 12:36 PM)CSTblank Wrote: Round 1 Pick 14: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A)

Horrible draft imo.  No D in the 1st 3 picks.  I love the Pitts pick though

(10-10-2020, 12:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 12:36 PM)CSTblank Wrote: Round 1 Pick 14: Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State (A)

Horrible draft imo.  No D in the 1st 3 picks.  I love the Pitts pick though

??‍♂️

(10-10-2020, 12:42 PM)CSTblank Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 12:39 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Horrible draft imo.  No D in the 1st 3 picks.  I love the Pitts pick though

??‍♂️

We need defense early and often in the draft if the value is there and I'm sure it will be

(10-10-2020, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 12:42 PM)CSTblank Wrote: ??‍♂️

We need defense early and often in the draft if the value is there and I'm sure it will be

Not really. I see free agency as the way to improve the D, not the draft. We have a [BLEEP] load of cap space

(10-10-2020, 01:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need defense early and often in the draft if the value is there and I'm sure it will be

Not really. I see free agency as the way to improve the D, not the draft. We have a [BLEEP] load of cap space

What defenders would you like to bring in from FA?  Justin Simmons i think would be a good addition but we could still add Surtain with our first pick and a DT and a SS in the 2nd

(10-10-2020, 01:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 01:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: Not really. I see free agency as the way to improve the D, not the draft. We have a [BLEEP] load of cap space

What defenders would you like to bring in from FA?  Justin Simmons i think would be a good addition but we could still add Surtain with our first pick and a DT and a SS in the 2nd

Leonard Williams, Justin Simmons, Desmond King, Shaq Griffin, Keanu Neal, or Damontae Kazee would be nice.

(10-10-2020, 01:23 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-10-2020, 01:06 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We need defense early and often in the draft if the value is there and I'm sure it will be

Building a team through free agency is a horrible plan.  Free agency is meant to bring in a last key piece.  This team has far too many holes.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Easy now fellas. It’s a way too early just playing around mock here. I expect more defense in the first 4 picks than I provided in my simulation? But I was having a little fun with it. I don’t expect us to go QB with our first pick, but for the sake of having fun with a mock, why not?

I expect us to likely get another DL (or two) and DB with early picks.
Ideally, I think we need to fix the DL and the Secondary and then focus on the OL and sprinkle in a TE or WR. But what do I know? I’m just a glutton for punishment as I continue to PAY to watch this team reignite our dumpster fire year after year lol

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 11:15 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

3: R1P3
EDGE CARLOS BASHAM JR.
WAKE FOREST
27: R1P27
DL JAYLEN TWYMAN
PITT
35: R2P3
S RICHARD LECOUNTE III
GEORGIA
43: R2P11
QB KYLE TRASK
FLORIDA
67: R3P3
CB ERIC STOKES
GEORGIA
105: R4P3
LB CHAZZ SURRATT
NORTH CAROLINA
129: R4P27
S PARIS FORD
PITT
144: R5P3
OT DILLON RADUNZ
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
160: R5P19
CB TARIQ CASTRO-FIELDS
PENN STATE
182: R6P3
C LANDON DICKERSON
ALABAMA
226: R7P3
DL MUSTAFA JOHNSON
COLORADO

3: R1P3
EDGE CARLOS BASHAM JR.
WAKE FOREST
TE KYLE PITTS
FLORIDA
S RICHARD LECOUNTE III
GEORGIA
QB KYLE TRASK
FLORIDA
WR SAGE SURRATT
WAKE FOREST
LB CHAZZ SURRATT
NORTH CAROLINA
DL DARIUS STILLS
WEST VIRGINIA
CB TARIQ CASTRO-FIELDS
PENN STATE
S PARIS FORD
PITT
DL MUSTAFA JOHNSON
COLORADO
EDGE MARQUISS SPENCER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

The one problem with this draft was that I failed to get a LT, but none was available where I had them slotted. With Robinson being an UFA at the end of the season and my unwillingness to give him anything more than a 3 year moderate deal, I can either let him walk and hope I find a decent short term replacement or slap him with the franchise tag and pay him big money for one season until I find his replacement in 2022.

(10-11-2020, 11:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 3: R1P3
EDGE CARLOS BASHAM JR.
WAKE FOREST
TE KYLE PITTS
FLORIDA
S RICHARD LECOUNTE III
GEORGIA
QB KYLE TRASK
FLORIDA
WR SAGE SURRATT
WAKE FOREST
LB CHAZZ SURRATT
NORTH CAROLINA
DL DARIUS STILLS
WEST VIRGINIA
CB TARIQ CASTRO-FIELDS
PENN STATE
S PARIS FORD
PITT
DL MUSTAFA JOHNSON
COLORADO
EDGE MARQUISS SPENCER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

The one problem with this draft was that I failed to get a LT, but none was available where I had them slotted. With Robinson being an UFA at the end of the season and my unwillingness to give him anything more than a 3 year moderate deal, I can either let him walk and hope I find a decent short term replacement or slap him with the franchise tag and pay him big money for one season until I find his replacement in 2022.

Robinson is going to be re-signed. 

Also, Basham is not the first defender off the board.

(10-11-2020, 05:44 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote:
(10-11-2020, 11:14 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: 3: R1P3
EDGE CARLOS BASHAM JR.
WAKE FOREST
TE KYLE PITTS
FLORIDA
S RICHARD LECOUNTE III
GEORGIA
QB KYLE TRASK
FLORIDA
WR SAGE SURRATT
WAKE FOREST
LB CHAZZ SURRATT
NORTH CAROLINA
DL DARIUS STILLS
WEST VIRGINIA
CB TARIQ CASTRO-FIELDS
PENN STATE
S PARIS FORD
PITT
DL MUSTAFA JOHNSON
COLORADO
EDGE MARQUISS SPENCER
MISSISSIPPI STATE

Robinson is going to be re-signed. 

Also, Basham is not the first defender off the board.

I couldn't trade down and they had him ranked as the #10 overall player. I couldn't risk losing him. He was the only edge rusher with the size I wanted. That's the problem. We have two undersized DE's. We bring in a bigger guy, Smoot and actually get some production. Chaisson is a 3-4 OLB playing 4-3 DE and it's not working. If we stay in a 4-3 scheme, I move him to SLB. 

Robinson may be re-signed, but we'd be stupid to give him a long term deal. He's average at best. No more than a 3 year deal at $9.5 million per year or else we're fools.

1. (5) Justin Fields, QB, Ohio St.
1. (24) Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
2. (37) Carlos Basham Jr., DE, Wake Forest
2. (45) Hamsah Nasirildeen, S, Florida St.
3. (69) Israel Mukuamu, CB, South Carolina
4. (100) Tedarrell Slaton, DT, Florida
4. (119) Drake Jackson, OG, Kentucky
5. (132) Shaka Toney, DE, Penn St.
5. (145) Cole van Lanen, OT, Wisconsin
6. (164) Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
7. (196) Amari Gainer, OLB, Florida St.