Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags post 2020 draft record predictions?

(05-10-2020, 05:43 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(05-10-2020, 01:19 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Honest question for you and everyone else who holds this opinion. 

Will it be worse than last season? Why or why not?

This offensive line isn’t a fine wine that gets better with age, this one is deteriorating. I feel like Taylor and Cam are out of position to be honest, they have stone feet. They could be monsters at guard. Cam (when healthy) is awful man, like the guy is a turnstile at LT. RG is slated to be a battle between the smoothie king and Cann, it doesnt look good. Norwell  and Linder are solid, but aren’t line saviors. 

We switched back to Minshew mid season not because he threw the ball better or read defenses quicker... it’s because he was able to run away from the countless defenders running at him. He was battered as the season went on. He started wearing a knee brace and his groin was tweaked. Despite this, they did nothing but draft a smoothie king 4th round. 

In addition, sophomore slumps are real and expectations should be tempered. We saw once defenses started to figure out Minshews tendencies toward the end of the season he was below average as a QB. I’m not placing blame on him, that’s expected for a rookie... but I sure do hope people realize developing QBs is something that takes time. Defenses now have a full offseason to prepare for Minshew and there is no additions in this offense. What we saw happening last season is once the defense took away Minshews first read he has no idea what to do (it also doesn’t help he was always scrambling -my first gripe). 

My expectations are low, in part because they should be and also they did NOTHING to help this offensive line. So I expect him to be scrambling all the time. Running game is average. Chark is the only current threat, maybe Oliver emerges. 

This team isn’t conforming to an offensive driven league and these teams that have low marketability seem to get penalized more. Call it a hate for the Jags or whatever, but I look at it a tad different than the “NFL hates Jags” story. 

The focus should have been providing Minshew with the most optimal surroundings for much NEEDED growth at the QB position. It wasn’t put there... so time will tell if it was a mistake or not. But I keep seeing people misunderstanding the low expectations for the team tied to Minshew, when really it’s the FO and the offensive line that are the issue.

I agree with the sentiments that we did not do enough to help minshew. I was thinking we needed to draft more offensively early, but I obviously hope I was wrong. A guard in free agency would be a priority for me right now.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jags post 2020 draft record predictions? - by Newton - 05-10-2020, 06:02 PM