Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Double sided video boards.

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2020, 06:23 PM by NH3.)

The Rams and Chargers will have the BEST video boards within the NFL. I'm NOT jealous though...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1255849442214907907...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don’t even care about video boards. I found at most home games I’m looking at the boards instead of the field anyways. That needs to change..

Now all they need are some teams worth showing on the boards.

Maybe I'm having problems visualizing how the boards will be installed in the new stadium, but I don't understand why the boards need to be double sided.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-07-2020, 01:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Maybe I'm having problems visualizing how the boards will be installed in the new stadium, but I don't understand why the boards need to be double sided.

Yeah, I'm not getting it other than the novelty of saying they have double-sided video boards.

What's the advantage?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Double-sided video boards would only encourage people to sit outside the stadium to watch the game. Right?

(05-07-2020, 01:58 PM)Rico Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Maybe I'm having problems visualizing how the boards will be installed in the new stadium, but I don't understand why the boards need to be double sided.

Yeah, I'm not getting it other than the novelty of saying they have double-sided video boards.

What's the advantage?

(05-07-2020, 02:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Double-sided video boards would only encourage people to sit outside the stadium to watch the game. Right?

[Image: image.php?type=thumbnail_1024x576&url=3A3JUd_0OWXBuN300]

[Image: 6147798_050320-kabc-4pm-covid-nfl-vid.jpg?w=1600]

Meh.  I only look to the video boards for anything significant that already happened (replays, injury, etc.).  I get outside and go to a game to watch the game, not watch TV.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

It is so people in the lower levels can see the boards I guess.

(05-07-2020, 01:58 PM)Rico Wrote:

What's the advantage?

I believe they are conventional video boards, mounted back-to-back, not  an actual "double-sided' design.  It's just adding screen surfaces in different planes to create additional and more comfortable viewing angles.  Not exactly cutting edge technology.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(05-07-2020, 09:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:58 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, I'm not getting it other than the novelty of saying they have double-sided video boards.

What's the advantage?

I believe they are conventional video boards, mounted back-to-back, not  an actual "double-sided' design.  It's just adding screen surfaces in different planes to create additional and more comfortable viewing angles.  Not exactly cutting edge technology.

I still don't get it, even with the mockups.  What's the advantage other than to say 'oooo lookie, we have double-sided video boards'?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-07-2020, 04:47 PM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 01:58 PM)Rico Wrote: Yeah, I'm not getting it other than the novelty of saying they have double-sided video boards.

What's the advantage?

(05-07-2020, 02:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Double-sided video boards would only encourage people to sit outside the stadium to watch the game. Right?

[Image: image.php?type=thumbnail_1024x576&url=3A3JUd_0OWXBuN300]

[Image: 6147798_050320-kabc-4pm-covid-nfl-vid.jpg?w=1600]

Looks like a bigger version of the boards in Atlanta's new stadium.  An inner donut and an outer donut
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(05-08-2020, 08:59 AM)Rico Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I believe they are conventional video boards, mounted back-to-back, not  an actual "double-sided' design.  It's just adding screen surfaces in different planes to create additional and more comfortable viewing angles.  Not exactly cutting edge technology.

I still don't get it, even with the mockups.  What's the advantage other than to say 'oooo lookie, we have double-sided video boards'?

Same as the pools, it's just a sales/image gimmick to attract the fair-weather crowd.  The best "game day experience" for real fans is a win and the rest doesn't matter very much.

(05-08-2020, 08:59 AM)Rico Wrote:
(05-07-2020, 09:55 PM)Sneakers Wrote: I believe they are conventional video boards, mounted back-to-back, not  an actual "double-sided' design.  It's just adding screen surfaces in different planes to create additional and more comfortable viewing angles.  Not exactly cutting edge technology.

Tack on another 500 million to the construction cost.  Maybe the owner has stock in leds or something.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Those are a novel and nice feature. Let's people get a good view of the boards while looking pretty much directly in front of them. I wonder if any seat will have a view that's blocked.

As some has eluded to, the advantage of the double sided boards is for visual accessibility of not breaking your neck to see the boards especially within the lower levels closest to the field.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Apparently they installed the video boards:

[Image: mgsop98gelnvgzcepf4z.jpg]

[Image: c90skqdhi8ugr5tjhgz5.jpg]

Distraction and waste of money.

(07-14-2020, 02:36 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Distraction and waste of money.

You have to remember stadiums are used for more than just football.  It a concert setting, it makes a lot of seats much more marketable.

(07-14-2020, 09:15 AM)rpr52121 Wrote: Apparently they installed the video boards:

[Image: mgsop98gelnvgzcepf4z.jpg]

[Image: c90skqdhi8ugr5tjhgz5.jpg]

I think they look kinda cool.

But as many have said here, the bigger the board, the bigger the distraction from the field.
Which I suppose in some teams cases might be a good thing.

Last time I was in Jax I had to keep forcing myself to look at the field instead of the giant EZ video board.
Then again, it was the home game vs Washington in 2018 and it was really hard to watch the product on the field that day.