Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Expectations/Plans for Jags new offense under Gruden

(05-23-2020, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 11:01 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I really hope Shenault and the other guys not familiar with the offense picks it up quickly and has sufficient understanding of it to be one of those playmakers.  I would hate to think Chark could take such a big step forward last year, then lose the progress this year over not knowing enough of the offense.  For that matter, same with Minshew.

Chark and Minshew both learned Flip's offense in one offseason well enough to put up good numbers. 
Perhaps this one will be a bit more difficult to absorb, but I have confidence they'll get it. 

RE: Shenault - I have no idea how learning Gruden's offense will go for him. Hopefully they don't overload him as a rookie.

I have my worries with the team for 2020 but Gruden has been working as an OC or HC for the last 10+ seasons, hes built very good units in the past so should be able to know and help guys that are and aren't picking up the new system. He should be able to adjust where we are weak and exploit what strengths and matchups he can scheme. 

Im trying to keep me expectations limited, its a big ask to fix all the scheme and mental issues in one very disrupted off season. I dont know any coach that could do that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expectations/Plans for Jags new offense under Gruden - by JagFan81 - 05-23-2020, 11:13 AM