Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Expectations/Plans for Jags new offense under Gruden

(This post was last modified: 05-26-2020, 09:44 PM by mal234.)

(05-26-2020, 01:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Gruden also talked the importance of getting the offense off to faster starts so Minshew doesn't have to play from behind in the second half.

Talks about blocking and fullback type roles for backup TE's Charles Jones and newly drafted Tyler Davis.

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/12...53473?s=20

I liked what I read today from Gruden about what things he wants to do with this offense. Including how he wants to use DJ Chark. Another quote from him today from BigCatCountry's website about DJ and how he wants to use him:

Quote:He’s got a skill set with the size, speed to be able to come in and out of cuts. I think we could do a little bit more with him,” Gruden said when asked about Chark. “I’d like to get them inside a little bit, do some more things with him in the slot. But he’s an excellent specimen. And the thing that I have come to know about DJ in the limited time I got to meet him was that he’s hungry. He wants to be great and when you have the athletic qualities that he has and then the desire to be great, he’s going to have a very bright future.”

Also James O' Shaughnessy gave another interview where he says that his rehab is continuning along nicely and if the season starts on time, he will be ready to play. James also said he has some familiarity with the West Coast Offense from his time in Kansas City. Here he is talking about this in an interview he did recently with 1010 XL:

Quote:“I’m a big fan,” O’Shaughnessy said. “I’ve had a West Coast background earlier on in my NFL career when I was with Kansas City, so I have an idea of what the system can be. It’s a lot of different personal groupings, it’s going vertical and I can’t say enough about how happy I am to play in this system. Hearing from guys like Tyler Eifert and Chris Thompson, guys that have played in it, they talk about how much they have enjoyed it.

“You can feel the excitement in meetings and talking to guys about it because it’s a huge step for us as an offense to have him running the show.”

He speaks highly of Gardner and is excited to get back to playing again. Good news for the Jags, and he did have nice chemistry with Minshew last year:

https://t.co/q4P6Xf74j2?amp=1

I also saw somewhere that the NFL may start letting coaches come back to facilities next week and that players may be able to return in some capacity starting June 15, for some minicamps. That could definitely help the Jags and other teams if that happened. I do think it's important for players to really start and get some practice time together. They need to start putting what they have been learning virtually into action.

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/stat...8716574720

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expectations/Plans for Jags new offense under Gruden - by mal234 - 05-26-2020, 09:39 PM