Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How much would you pay Dak Prescott? or...

How much do you think he deserves?

If I was a fan of the Cowboys I'd like them to pay around 35 million at most just because some other QBs are overpaid as hell (like Goff, Big Ben, Wentz, Cousins, Brissett and Garoppolo). As a Jags Fan I wouldn't sign the guy even if he was available, nor would I trade for him.
Reports say he is looking to get $45 million per year. If I was a Cowboy fan I would rather let him go and go with Dalton.

NFL's highest paid quarterbacks (average salary per year):
  • 1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million

• 2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million

• 3.Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million

• 3. Rams QB Jared Goff: $33.5 million

• 5. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million

• 6. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million

• 7. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million

• 8. Colts QB Jacoby Brissett: $27.98 million

• 9. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million

• 10. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm not interested in Prescott at the price he'll command. He's good, but not great IMO and I wouldn't hinder my ability to fix other issues in order to sign him to a big deal. I see it similar to the Derek Carr deal. Too much money for not enough production, but he looks good in just enough games to keep stringing you along.

(05-22-2020, 06:44 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: How much do you think he deserves?

If I was a fan of the Cowboys I'd like them to pay around 35 million at most just because some other QBs are overpaid as hell (like Goff, Big Ben, Wentz, Cousins, Brissett and Garoppolo). As a Jags Fan I wouldn't sign the guy even if he was available, nor would I trade for him.
Reports say he is looking to get $45 million per year. If I was a Cowboy fan I would rather let him go and go with Dalton.

This is a time for Jerry Jones to do a solid for the rest of the owners and let Dak enter free agency. Hopefully no one will pay a good but not great quarterback $45M/year. That's ridiculous. None of the QBs on the list, save Russell Wilson, are now worth anything close to what they're being paid. Way to go Jacoby Brissett for getting $28M to be a backup.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(05-22-2020, 10:14 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:

This is a time for Jerry Jones to do a solid for the rest of the owners and let Dak enter free agency. Hopefully no one will pay a good but not great quarterback $45M/year. That's ridiculous. None of the QBs on the list, save Russell Wilson, are now worth anything close to what they're being paid. Way to go Jacoby Brissett for getting $28M to be a backup.

I agree. 

Cowboys should let him hit FA, no one is gonna pay him over $35 million.
"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

(05-22-2020, 10:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 10:14 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: This is a time for Jerry Jones to do a solid for the rest of the owners and let Dak enter free agency. Hopefully no one will pay a good but not great quarterback $45M/year. That's ridiculous. None of the QBs on the list, save Russell Wilson, are now worth anything close to what they're being paid. Way to go Jacoby Brissett for getting $28M to be a backup.

I agree. 

Ryan Tannehill just got $29.5 million/year for 4 years for basically 1/2 to 3/4 a season of good play. He is 5 years older than Dak, and has a long injury history.

As long as teams have cap space, they would easily give him $35. I mean imagine if he got cut and went to the 49ers?

As everyone knows my favorite way to get a snapshot of how good a QB is is the rate+ stats on PFR. Dak was a monster last year. Above average to way above average in every category. He deserves $35M per.

118 125 117 122 103 105 108 122 111

The fact that Big Ben makes $34M a year is hilarious.. dude hasn’t won anything in 11 years, he was washed 5 years ago.

(05-24-2020, 03:35 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: The fact that Big Ben makes $34M a year is hilarious.. dude hasn’t won anything in 11 years, he was washed 5 years ago.

He threw for 5000+ yards, 320 yds per game, 34 TDs and 16 INTs in 2018. 

Then he got hurt. 

In the 5 years you claim he's been 'washed' his starts have yielded a record of 38 wins and 19 losses. 

(05-22-2020, 10:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 10:14 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: This is a time for Jerry Jones to do a solid for the rest of the owners and let Dak enter free agency. Hopefully no one will pay a good but not great quarterback $45M/year. That's ridiculous. None of the QBs on the list, save Russell Wilson, are now worth anything close to what they're being paid. Way to go Jacoby Brissett for getting $28M to be a backup.

I agree. 

Clueless as usual.

(05-23-2020, 10:24 AM)rpr52121 Wrote:
(05-22-2020, 10:50 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: I agree. 

Ryan Tannehill just got $29.5 million/year for 4 years for basically 1/2 to 3/4 a season of good play. He is 5 years older than Dak, and has a long injury history.

As long as teams have cap space, they would easily give him $35. I mean imagine if he got cut and went to the 49ers?

I said over $35 million (more than $35). That's the actual offer from the Cowboys, which imo is fair. He wants $45 million per year, no one is gonna give him that, nor $40 million.

Dude is 1-2 in the playoffs and he missed the playoffs in 2 seasons out of 4. He's had a good/great o-line, great RB, good WRs and a good defense. He is not elite. $35m should be the best offer, just like the Cowboys are doing it imo.

5 out of the 6 top QBs in that list have either won or reached the SB, Dak hasn't.

I honestly doubt he makes a great difference if he goes to the 49ers.

He doesn't want 45 million a year. He wants a 4 year deal worth 140mil and the Cowboys want to add the 5th year. He wants 45mil for the 5th year but the Cowboys dont want to pony up. You're welcome
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2020, 04:42 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

(05-25-2020, 03:37 PM)JaG4LyFe Wrote: He doesn't want 45 million a year. He wants a 4 year deal worth 140mil and the Cowboys want to add the 5th year. He wants 45mil for the 5th year but the Cowboys dont want to pony up. You're welcome

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-east/dallas-...inaccurate

Who knows anymore... Still, anything above $35 million is a lot for him imo

Just looking at this list, Prescott's flat-out better than Brissett and probably Stafford. Maybe Goff. More upside than Big Ben, Rodgers or Cousins, although they're all better QBs if all else is equal.

He's a top-ten QB, imo, not really any sound argument against that assertion. And if you have a very young, top-ten QB in the NFL today with extensive starting experience and you want to re-sign them, you're paying them record-breaking money.

I wish I could make $45M per year by letting my coworkers do all the hard work.

Somewhere around $28-30M a year. And I don’t even think he’s worth that.

I think he is overrated by a lot of people and he is not a top ten quarterback.  He can play like a top ten quarterback at times, but he is not consistent.  He'll throw in some real stinkers when they need him the most.  If he's top ten, how did he go 8-8 in a division that weak with the roster that he had?  Hell, the Cowboys fans are pretty split on whether he's their franchise QB.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(05-26-2020, 10:03 AM)Rico Wrote: I think he is overrated by a lot of people and he is not a top ten quarterback.  He can play like a top ten quarterback at times, but he is not consistent.  He'll throw in some real stinkers when they need him the most.  If he's top ten, how did he go 8-8 in a division that weak with the roster that he had?  Hell, the Cowboys fans are pretty split on whether he's their franchise QB.

I agree.  He isn't a top ten QB.  The Cowboys have the best roster in their divison and he was unable to do what he needed to win consistently.

I agree with most on here about Dak, he's not a top 10 player at his position. But the market dictates everything. Per example, go buy a pound of ground beef today and tell me all about fair market value
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I don’t agree with this ranking system at all. To me, it comes down to one question for a QB, and that is... “Can I win a SB with this QB?”. If the answer is yes, you pay the guy market value. If not, you move on. It doesn’t matter at all if Prescott is “better” than Rodgers or Mahomes. That’s irrelevant to me for the QB position.

Is Prescott good enough to build a team around to win a SB? Probably. That would mean he deserves the title franchise QB, and you pay the man. Period. You don’t even think twice about it. If you hesitate, then you don’t think he’s a franchise guy... then move on and find one.

Brissett numbers seem off. Are you sure? Is it a total that includes incentives? Check a few more sources.

(05-24-2020, 03:41 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 03:35 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: The fact that Big Ben makes $34M a year is hilarious.. dude hasn’t won anything in 11 years, he was washed 5 years ago.

He threw for 5000+ yards, 320 yds per game, 34 TDs and 16 INTs in 2018. 

Then he got hurt. 

In the 5 years you claim he's been 'washed' his starts have yielded a record of 38 wins and 19 losses. 

That Reggie Williams selection @ #9 just before the Steelers picked Big Ben @ #11 still looks pretty sweet in the eyes of the Talented Kalamari.  

Gene, is that you posting here long after your departure as the Jags GM ?