Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How much would you pay Dak Prescott? or...

Probably around 35 mill, I am going to shudder when Mahomes gets his deal, may break 45+ a year.. This whole era of QBs making insane money is going to expand the whole qb on rookie contract method to success. What shocks me is Big Ben is over 30 mil, dude has never wowed me with his arm and only has a handful of "elite" seasons.

All I know is, you better know that guy is THE guy and can carry teams, because once you have 30+ a year tied up in one player, it gets hard to keep many other stars on the team. I would rather pay Pat 45 than Dak 30, because I feel Pat can actually carry his offense especially if Reid is his coach for his entire career. Dak on the other hand, not sure, but he does have McCarthy out there now... Hard to say, but its a huge investment nonetheless. Really shocking seeing Big Ben so high too, yikes.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-15-2020, 11:28 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Probably around 35 mill, I am going to shudder when Mahomes gets his deal, may break 45+ a year.. This whole era of QBs making insane money is going to expand the whole qb on rookie contract method to success. What shocks me is Big Ben is over 30 mil, dude has never wowed me with his arm and only has a handful of "elite" seasons.
Big Ben

Career Ranking among QBs with a minimum 1,500 career attempts
6th all-time in NFL career passing yards
9th all-time in passer rating (94.0)
6th in yards per attempt (7.93)
10th in completion percentage (63.85%)

239 games played
394 TDs
2 Super Bowl Victories (and 3 played in total)

(06-16-2020, 01:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 11:28 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Probably around 35 mill, I am going to shudder when Mahomes gets his deal, may break 45+ a year.. This whole era of QBs making insane money is going to expand the whole qb on rookie contract method to success. What shocks me is Big Ben is over 30 mil, dude has never wowed me with his arm and only has a handful of "elite" seasons.
Big Ben

239 games played
394 TDs
In 16 pass-friendly seasons with a loaded top 13 or better defense 14/16 years.. Yes. Rankings/stats are nice, but most Qbs he has passed didn't have the luxury of 15+ years of 16 game seasons, especially while enjoying such great defensive play overall through that period. He also benefited from having great WRs all throughout his career. He's a very good QB, I'm not at all arguing he's bad or even average... I would certainly have taken him on our team from 04-now. 

But he's rarely ever had to put a team on his back, or be expected to. His TD: INT ratio is  1.9:1, also never made 1st team all pro. All of his SB runs the defense out ranked the offense.

With all that said, he's only had 3 seasons with 30+ passing TDs, 4 seasons with under 10 interceptions within said pass happy era. He's a good QB, but 30+ mil a year good?  Not to me imo, but due to where the market is, he is. It was just shocking to see, figured at his age/career production he'd be making less. This was my entire point though. QB market is actually getting insane.

(06-17-2020, 02:19 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 01:01 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Big Ben

239 games played
394 TDs
In 16 pass-friendly seasons with a loaded top 13 or better defense 14/16 years.. Yes. Rankings/stats are nice, but most Qbs he has passed didn't have the luxury of 15+ years of 16 game seasons, especially while enjoying such great defensive play overall through that period. He also benefited from having great WRs all throughout his career. He's a very good QB, I'm not at all arguing he's bad or even average... I would certainly have taken him on our team from 04-now. 

But he's rarely ever had to put a team on his back, or be expected to. His TD: INT ratio is  1.9:1, also never made 1st team all pro. All of his SB runs the defense out ranked the offense.

With all that said, he's only had 3 seasons with 30+ passing TDs, 4 seasons with under 10 interceptions within said pass happy era. He's a good QB, but 30+ mil a year good?  Not to me imo, but due to where the market is, he is. It was just shocking to see, figured at his age/career production he'd be making less. This was my entire point though. QB market is actually getting insane.

31 Fourth Quarter Comebacks and 42 Game Winning Drives.  He was definitely exciting, when you factor in his escape capabilities when he was younger.  AND TO THINK, WE DRAFTED REGGIE WILLIAMS OVER HIM A YEAR AFTER SELECTING BYRON LEFTWICH ..... which ultimately lead to Gabbert, etc.  Sad

I agree with the fact that the $30m+ price tag is a bit high given the recent shoulder injury and the current risk of re-injury but if you look at what he did in his prime, he was a top 5 QB in the league.  As comparison to what age can do to someone, he came into the NFL with Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers, all of which father time has taken its toll.

(06-17-2020, 04:14 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 02:19 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: In 16 pass-friendly seasons with a loaded top 13 or better defense 14/16 years.. Yes. Rankings/stats are nice, but most Qbs he has passed didn't have the luxury of 15+ years of 16 game seasons, especially while enjoying such great defensive play overall through that period. He also benefited from having great WRs all throughout his career. He's a very good QB, I'm not at all arguing he's bad or even average... I would certainly have taken him on our team from 04-now. 

31 Fourth Quarter Comebacks and 42 Game Winning Drives.  He was definitely exciting, when you factor in his escape capabilities when he was younger.  AND TO THINK, WE DRAFTED REGGIE WILLIAMS OVER HIM A YEAR AFTER SELECTING BYRON LEFTWICH ..... which ultimately lead to Gabbert, etc.  Sad

I agree with the fact that the $30m+ price tag is a bit high given the recent shoulder injury and the current risk of re-injury but if you look at what he did in his prime, he was a top 5 QB in the league.  As comparison to what age can do to someone, he came into the NFL with Eli Manning and Phillip Rivers, all of which father time has taken its toll.

Oh man, for sure! Peak Big Ben was so much fun to watch and I would have been more than happy with his production as a Jag over the last 15 years.  We reallllly sucked at drafting QBs as a franchise tho lol. Hopefully, Minshew finally breaks the long lasting dud streak at QB. If we're really lucky this thread will pop up in about 3-ish seasons and we will have this same  discussion for Minshew. I have a feeling he would be more in line with Brady in terms of contracts. Shorter deals, more guarantees but overall less $ so the team won't be hindered by a massive cap hit @ QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!