Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Can Anyone Confirm this? (Shenault with character concerns?)

(05-24-2020, 08:26 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 04:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote: Without having legal troubles, character issues point to being like Ramsey. If he is only looking out for himself, wants to be bigger than a football player, then those issues will bubble up some time.

I was more shocked by the statement that the players hate Marone and they are taking Yan's side in the twitter fight.

I haven't seen anything on your second paragraph?

(05-24-2020, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 04:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I was more shocked by the statement that the players hate Marone and they are taking Yan's side in the twitter fight.

I can more readily dismiss this because according to reports here, Khan spoke with the players and they overwhelmingly supported Marrone.

Jaguars management?  Yes I can see the Jaguars players having an unfavorable opinion of the FO.

You have to remember the source, but we have heard it a few times that the players didn't really support him. I think it was more that Khan wanted to save money by not firing everyone.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-23-2020, 01:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Telvin taught us anything, it’s dont judge a book by its cover. There’s literally no way to know unless your inside his circle of friends. All we can do is hope for the bests.

So true.  Telvin seemed like the perfect person. Conversely, HOF players like Warren Sapp and Randy Moss slipped due to character concerns.

(05-24-2020, 11:36 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 04:01 AM)p_rushing Wrote: I was more shocked by the statement that the players hate Marone and they are taking Yan's side in the twitter fight.

I can more readily dismiss this because according to reports here, Khan spoke with the players and they overwhelmingly supported Marrone.

Jaguars management?  Yes I can see the Jaguars players having an unfavorable opinion of the FO.

To dismiss those statements is to effectually dismiss the greatest indicators that the author is just making things up.

(05-26-2020, 07:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 01:16 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: If Telvin taught us anything, it’s dont judge a book by its cover. There’s literally no way to know unless your inside his circle of friends. All we can do is hope for the bests.

So true.  Telvin seemed like the perfect person. Conversely, HOF players like Warren Sapp and Randy Moss slipped due to character concerns.

Telvin Smith had a positive marijuana test at the combine. 

Rumors of positive drug tests/actual positive drug tests are the reason Warren Sapp fell.

Moss did have character concerns dating back to Florida State and Notre Dame's recruitment of him.

Now that the league is no longer suspending for positive drug tests, I wonder how that will impact the draft from this point forth.

Will some teams continue with the old paradigm and knock people for positive marijuana tests?  Will other teams ignore the positive marijuana use?

Will a listed marijuana related arrest count towards the personal conduct poliicy?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(05-26-2020, 11:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 07:39 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: So true.  Telvin seemed like the perfect person. Conversely, HOF players like Warren Sapp and Randy Moss slipped due to character concerns.

Telvin Smith had a positive marijuana test at the combine. 

Dang, I didn't know that.  His girlfriend, who was only 11 years old when Telvin was being drafted, probably didn't know that either.

(05-26-2020, 12:06 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 11:18 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Telvin Smith had a positive marijuana test at the combine. 

Dang, I didn't know that.  His girlfriend, who was only 11 years old when Telvin was being drafted, probably didn't know that either.

Shaking my head in dismay.   Laughing Wallbash Sick Confused

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

No wat Marrone isnt respected by the players. Many players have talked about how he would take.his time.and.help them out with understanding fines, or try and.fight the fines as well. He's a players coach who as a previous player understands what they need to do to have success.

Tom came in and ruined this. Now he's gone we will see what we really have as a coach.

I have to think that the Jags, who obviously went out of their way to draft high character guys this year, would have passed on Shenault if there were character concerns.

(05-27-2020, 01:22 AM)newporttom Wrote: I have to think that the Jags, who obviously went out of their way to draft high character guys this year, would have passed on Shenault if there were character concerns.

Absolute BS. Laviska is as good of a kid as you'll find.
He is also extremely shy and uncomfortable in front of the camera.
He seems to be getting more comfortable every day though.
Jag fans, sit back and enjoy the steal of the draft!

(This post was last modified: 05-29-2020, 07:42 PM by mal234.)

(05-29-2020, 02:23 PM)syxxx Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 01:22 AM)newporttom Wrote: I have to think that the Jags, who obviously went out of their way to draft high character guys this year, would have passed on Shenault if there were character concerns.

He sounds like a nice young man. Gardner seems pretty excited to work with him. He mentioned the other day in his meeting with the media, that he played against Laviska and how he was nervous when he would get the ball. Gardner says he believes that Laviska would have been a Heisman candidate had he not gotten injured. He is looking forward to playing with him.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jaguars/news/jagu...a-shenault

(This post was last modified: 05-30-2020, 02:42 AM by JaG4LyFe.)

(05-29-2020, 02:23 PM)syxxx Wrote:

Well if Mary didn't put it out there, Annie sure did!

This is a very good observation
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Marching in Boulder tomorrow. Hope it stays clean..
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]