Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Lebron James & The Flaw in Progressivism

"Why Doesn’t America Love US!!!!!????TOO."

This is the quote that's blowing up sports media at the moment.  This is representative of the basic flaw in Progressive/SJW thought.  It's not the individual, it's the country.  It's not that person, it's their race.  It's not the politician, it's their political party.  And these assertions are made in complete absence of any evidence linking to a broader conspiracy or boogeyman!

America Doesn't love US?  I'm sorry.  What was it, two or three years ago that an Owner of an NBA franchise said a word that society didn't like and he was stripped of his NBA Franchise?  The founder of Papa Johns mentioned the same word (quoted someone else, didn't use it towards anyone) and he was removed from his own company that bears his name.  A lady arguing in a part said the term African American in a tone Society deemed insensitive and she was fired from her job and her life was ruined.  

Does that sound like a country that Doesn't Love you, as their entertainment choices pay for your multi-million dollar lifestyle?

It's no more appropriate for Someone to make a blanket accusation against a group of people because of an offense than it is for someone of a different skin color to make an accusation against black people as a whole.  That's what we're supposed to be fighting against right?

The problem with hashtags and memes targeting boogeymen and not flesh and blood people is that there can be no resolution.  You can't arrest, fire, or marginalize an abstract concept, you can only arrest people.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People believe what they want to believe. Always have, always will. Facts do not matter even if they have the ability to understand them the facts still do not matter. There is a sect of our society that go thru life just waiting for the trigger. It may be an unjust murder, it may be a sports championship celebration, it may be a acquittal of a person they did not agree with, hell, it could be a damn Black Friday sale. OH [BLEEP], am I allowed to use that term? I am Caucasian after all. To be loved one has to be lovable.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I always look to high school educated athletes for their world view to help shape mine. I'm sure he suffered tremendous hardship being courted and showered in gifts his entire adolescent career. The clown drove a Hummer in high school.

"Shut up and dribble".

(06-01-2020, 08:17 AM)Jagwired Wrote: People believe what they want to believe. Always have, always will. Facts do not matter even if they have the ability to understand them the facts still do not matter. There is a sect of our society that go thru life just waiting for the trigger. It may be an unjust murder, it may be a sports championship celebration, it may be a acquittal of a person they did not agree with, hell, it could be a damn Black Friday sale. OH [BLEEP], am I allowed to use that term? I am Caucasian after all. To be loved one has to be lovable.

Making matters worse is uninformed opinions are reinforced at our fingertips. No one thinks anymore. They just find what they want, or create, like opinions online. Couple that with the fact that critical thinking has taken a backseat to political correctness and the threats of lawsuits in our education system, and we can see the outcome raging in our streets right now.

Why doesn't America love you? Because you [BLEEP] on America every chance you get for every slight real or imagined. That's why.

Or maybe that's why I personally don't love you. Whatevs.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!