Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Season Ticket Renewal - Deadline Today (6/05)

Season Ticket Renewal Deadline Today (June 5)

Just renewed - all 8 tix 

Definitely a lot of contemplation leading up to my decision (COVID-19, Economy, anticipated controversy about kneeling during National Anthem, anticipating another losing season, etc.) but I really want to support the the City of Jacksonville's ability to retain an NFL franchise and I think Shad Khan and his Front Office made some very fair concessions to allow the adequate flexibility that lead to my decision.  This included the ability to just renew 8 of the 10 games (inclusive of the 2 preseason games being 50% off, and revising the terms to allow for reimbursement on any games played without fans -- as you may recall, the prior terms enabled the Jags to reimburse via non-cash methods ... what the heck !!)

GO JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good on ya my dude. Here's hoping you get to actually go to some of the games.

Thankfully, the Jaguars' organization is allowing ticket-holders over 65 years old to go on furlough for 1 season without losing their previous seats if they renew in 2021. After being a 25 year ticket-holder, it was hard to do this. However, the risk is not worth it and we plan on coming back in 2021. Hopefully there will be no re-occurrence of the virus in the fall so we can still attend some games. We are grateful that this policy was enacted.

(06-05-2020, 03:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thankfully, the Jaguars' organization is allowing ticket-holders over 65 years old to go on furlough for 1 season without losing their previous seats if they renew in 2021. After being a 25 year ticket-holder, it was hard to do this. However, the risk is not worth it and we plan on coming back in 2021. Hopefully there will be no re-occurrence of the virus in the fall so we can still attend some games. We are grateful that this policy was enacted.

That's awesome!

Good on ya Hurricane. We didn't renew last year due to work issues...still on the fence about it this year. Due to all the reasons listed above
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

There's no [BLEEP] way I'm renewing mine. I can't take it anymore.

Well..that...and I'm moving to Texas.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We renewed our 2 tickets. The flexibility and payment plans were definitely appreciated.

The biggest factor for me was always the 2 games heading to London and if we were losing 2 games during the fun part of the year. Based on the fact only one game was scheduled in the Sept heat, I probably would have renewed either way. Drinking out in the heat at 1pm in September sucks

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2020, 07:49 PM by JagsorDie.)

(06-05-2020, 04:49 PM)Rico Wrote: There's no [BLEEP] way I'm renewing mine.  I can't take it anymore.

Nice man. I have a ranch with my cousin in south Texas. If my wife and I weren’t here in Jax that would absolutely be where we would go.

(06-05-2020, 04:49 PM)Rico Wrote: There's no [BLEEP] way I'm renewing mine.  I can't take it anymore.

Nice man. I have a ranch with my cousin in south Texas. If my wife and I weren’t here in Jax that would absolutely be where we would go.

What’s the plan they’re telling season ticket holders if they don’t allow fans to come to games?

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2020, 09:00 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(06-05-2020, 03:35 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: Thankfully, the Jaguars' organization is allowing ticket-holders over 65 years old to go on furlough for 1 season without losing their previous seats if they renew in 2021. After being a 25 year ticket-holder, it was hard to do this. However, the risk is not worth it and we plan on coming back in 2021. Hopefully there will be no re-occurrence of the virus in the fall so we can still attend some games. We are grateful that this policy was enacted.

Yes, it was good the implemented that furlough concept to those most vulnerable to COVID-19.  They also cited a full reimbursement to any Season Ticket Holder at anytime prior to the season, which I gather is open to anyone that renewed.  I will be watching the COVID numbers closely as we are in our mid-50's which is borderline high risk.

After 25 years, I'm sure it would have been a real dilemma for you, given your loyalty throughout the years, most of which were pretty bad from a W-L perspective.

C'mon, American Airlines has very cheap, moderate level COVID risk, flights from DFW to JAX.  You could get a $250/RT flight and spread COVID to 60,000 people all in a 2-day weekend.  Talk about making an impact on our society.

(06-07-2020, 07:52 PM)MojoKing Wrote: What’s the plan they’re telling season ticket holders if they don’t allow fans to come to games?

Refund

(06-08-2020, 10:08 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 07:52 PM)MojoKing Wrote: What’s the plan they’re telling season ticket holders if they don’t allow fans to come to games?

Refund

Crap !!   I was hoping to storm the stadium with our pitch forks and tiki torches.  We all bought them months ago but were in lockdown mode so we were restricted from using them --- now the warranty is expired so I hope they still work as advertised.

(06-08-2020, 08:57 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Yes, it was good the implemented that furlough concept to those most vulnerable to COVID-19.  They also cited a full reimbursement to any Season Ticket Holder at anytime prior to the season, which I gather is open to anyone that renewed.  I will be watching the COVID numbers closely as we are in our mid-50's which is borderline high risk.

After 25 years, I'm sure it would have been a real dilemma for you, given your loyalty throughout the years, most of which were pretty bad from a W-L perspective.

C'mon, American Airlines has very cheap, moderate level COVID risk, flights from DFW to JAX.  You could get a $250/RT flight and spread COVID to 60,000 people all in a 2-day weekend.  Talk about making an impact on our society.

Yes, it was a tough decision. After sticking with this team during the extremely difficult past 15 years (with 2 exceptions), the last thing I want is to miss being in the stadium during their resurgence. As an optimist, I really believe the Jaguars will be in a very good position beginning in 2021-22. I expect Minshew to live up to the high expectations many have of him. I also believe Caldwell has drafted very well the past couple of seasons and with two additional first rounders next year the arrow is pointing way up. I'm looking forward to being back in the stadium to watch this happen.

I think covid is a non issue at this point. Sure, alarmists are going to pretend the world is still ending, but normalcy should return soon enough(probably around November if you catch my drift) with more and more encouraging info coming out. That said, yeah all things considered with the economy, its a tough sell. I am still stuck on night shift so getting out to games is hard being I work Sunday night. I still make a game or 2 each year so we will see if the NFL is still spooked by this virus come September. If fans are allowed, I will be there for at least a couple.

(06-09-2020, 12:38 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I think covid is a non issue at this point. Sure, alarmists are going to pretend the world is still ending, but normalcy should return soon enough(probably around November if you catch my drift) with more and more encouraging info coming out. 

Without getting too deep into a non-football discussion here. I called it way back when that by July 4th, most states would be returning to normal activities. There is too much money in summer tourism. Even foreign countries are making plans to be open for summer tourism.
I'm going to Ireland in October... never once thought it wouldn't happen to be honest.

I have my doubts about fans in the stands for NFL games this season however, it wouldn't surprise me the least to see them try it out. I mean, the regular season is still 3+ months away... and although #s of cases are still being counted, the seriuosness (mortality rate) keeps dropping.

I highly doubt there is a 2nd wave of serious Covid effects coming. I fully suspect the NBA and NHL experiments to go off without much of a hitch and the NFL season to be played in full.
What it all ends up looking like is still up in the air.

I commend any STH who takes the chance. Go. Enjoy.
And really the monetary risk isn't there. No fans at games, full refund. So really it's just about if you can afford it and if you think you'll be okay health-wise (most people are).

Looking more and more like a very wise decision, given the spike in cases.  Even though we will likely keep smaller industries open, I think it would be wise for the NFL to play without fans this season. What's really going to be weird is to see players taking 2 weeks off in quarantine if the contract Covid-19.  It was just reported that 5 players from the Phillies contracted Covid-19 down in Clearwater, FL.

They may need to expand the roster size this season and keep some reserved players separated from the rest of the team

(06-19-2020, 03:49 PM)Newton Wrote: They may need to expand the roster size this season and keep some reserved players separated from the rest of the team

Fully agree.  Something tells me the season will be cancelled (or at minimum play without fans).   Trying to get 27 year old multi-millionaires to limit their exposure to COVID-19 is next to impossible and all it takes is a few players to expose the entire league.  The only saving grace may be IF a person cannot contract it 2x but I think the opposite has been proven.  I definitely don't see the college football season being played.

It will definitely be interesting to see what plays out here. I renewed our seats with a certain level of trepidation. Losing 2 games to London really ticked me off, but I decided to roll with it one more year and renewed before COVID-19 became a concern. Ever the Jags fan, I figured maybe the team would shock some people this year. I know I'm delusional in that regard, but hey, I'm a fan. I'm entitled to my delusions.

I heard reports that the league is going to allow teams to tarp areas of the stadium, and to use those areas as advertising opportunities. I suspect that at best, we'll probably see a max of 50% capacity allowed at least early in the season, and that we'll be surrounded by advertising. The good news is that the season ticket base for the Jags won't leave much meat on the bone for other fans to come and attend games if every STH shows up for every game. I'd love to see the season ticket numbers to get a sense for how much of a hit the team has already taken with renewals. My guess is that the base is sniffing 25k at best.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(06-25-2020, 09:10 AM)FBT Wrote: It will definitely be interesting to see what plays out here.  I renewed our seats with a certain level of trepidation.  Losing 2 games to London really ticked me off, but I decided to roll with it one more year and renewed before COVID-19 became a concern.  Ever the Jags fan, I figured maybe the team would shock some people this year.  I know I'm delusional in that regard, but hey, I'm a fan.  I'm entitled to my delusions.

I heard reports that the league is going to allow teams to tarp areas of the stadium, and to use those areas as advertising opportunities.  I suspect that at best, we'll probably see a max of 50% capacity allowed at least early in the season, and that we'll be surrounded by advertising.  The good news is that the season ticket base for the Jags won't leave much meat on the bone for other fans to come and attend games if every STH shows up for every game.  I'd love to see the season ticket numbers to get a sense for how much of a hit the team has already taken with renewals.  My guess is that the base is sniffing 25k at best.

I let my tickets go this year. 

Nothing to do with the pandemic.  I just missed too many games last year (4) due to work travel and had a very hard time selling my seats when I couldn't attend. 

I hope I'm able to acquire single game tix for games when I'm in town this year despite whatever capacity limitations are implemented.  Right now, it's looking like my work travel may resume about the same time as the season starts, so I'll probably miss several games again.

If teams add tarps and allow a certain % of the fans to attend, doesn't that that only confine the fans by limiting space ? I prefer 40% fans with 100% of the seats available so people can opt to go to the upper deck corner if so desired.