Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL apologizes for banning players protesting

The issue with the NFL is the media is going to push the agenda the entire time. ESPN games will be nonstop with a football game in the background.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-09-2020, 07:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 06:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Only a racist would feel that way.

I think these people have some genuine grievances, and since there are so many of them, I have to believe there is a problem and they are trying to express themselves about that problem.  

But I see the media go into these crowds and ask some random protester, "What do you want?"  
And the protester answers, "WE WANT JUSTICE!"  
Well, I can't give them that.  I can't end prejudice, I can't end injustice, and I can't change the world so everyone is treated fairly.  

"What do you want?"
"END RACISM!"
I can't do that, either.  And I don't want to abolish the police department.  If someone breaks into my house, I don't want to call Social Services and have some counselor come and talk to the intruder.  I want someone to come shoot them full of bullets. 

I'm not the kind of person that likes to listen to an endless rant about something.  Don't just tell me over and over about your problems.  Tell me what action you propose to solve those problems, and then we will examine your proposed solution and decide whether we want to do that.  

Problem- solution- action plan- implementation- follow up.  I don't want to hear an endless lecture about how I'm terrible, we're all terrible, and on and on.  

To be clear, I do think "white privilege" is a real thing.  But don't just yell at me about it.  Tell me what you think should be done about it.  Give me some concrete steps we can take to make things better.  And I'm not saying I'm going to agree that we should do any of those things, because I haven't seen any proposal yet that isn't counter-productive.

We live in a democratic republic.  If people don't like the way things are, they should register and vote.

I pretty much agree with you on all fronts. 

Have you ever watched the limited series on Netflix called Flint? It's a good look at the whole debacle and one of the substories was the police and fire departments talking to the community to get folks to vote yes for a tax that is passed every few years and it goes towards those two departments. People don't trust them anyway but the tax is passed only for the jackholes in the city council to take it away from police and fire to go toward something else. 

I was so pissed for those folks. They got screwed by their own city council, the police and fire departments did too. I was hoping for a follow-up with the story to see if the council's treachery had been exposed or was the community going to blame the police and fire departments for "lying" to them. Sadly no follow-up.

Apologies if this has been posted in this thread already, but wouldn't you love to see the market studies the NFL did to determine exactly how many racist [BLEEP] they'd lose revenue from before announcing this?

You know they did the homework before putting this out there.

(06-12-2020, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Apologies if this has been posted in this thread already, but wouldn't you love to see the market studies the NFL did to determine exactly how many racist [BLEEP] they'd lose revenue from before announcing this?

Just to be clear, are you implying that anybody who doesn't agree with the NFL's stance on this is racist?

(06-12-2020, 09:36 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Apologies if this has been posted in this thread already, but wouldn't you love to see the market studies the NFL did to determine exactly how many racist [BLEEP] they'd lose revenue from before announcing this?

It's sad that you assume that people opposed to disrespecting the flag are racists, that's what is exactly what's wrong with this entire movement. You will be forced to care. I read somewhere else a minute ago that "Silence = Complicity", more nonsense. Silence can also be disagreement, opposition, or apathy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Don't forget speech is violence. Silence is violence. The only non-violence is to parrot the message, even if you do it while committing violent acts.

(06-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Don't forget speech is violence. Silence is violence. The only non-violence is to parrot the message, even if you do it while committing violent acts.

"Your speech is violence, our violence is speech."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-12-2020, 09:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Just to be clear, are you implying that anybody who doesn't agree with the NFL's stance on this is racist?

No - but the groups overlap.

(06-12-2020, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:39 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Just to be clear, are you implying that anybody who doesn't agree with the NFL's stance on this is racist?

No - but the groups overlap.

Any groups overlap to fit any narrative.

(06-12-2020, 10:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:56 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: No - but the groups overlap.

Any groups overlap to fit any narrative.

Completely untrue statement - but whatever. 
It was too broad a generalization on my part, but the groups overlap deeply unfortunately.  Hell, I have extended family members that are boycotting and have also let their racism show at times. 
And I've seen dozens of posts in the past week on FB and Twitter from those opposing the NFL's stance that included racist content. I've unfriended several who have previously supported my business over it. 

I'd like to see what data the NFL collected on the matter before belatedly drawing their line in the sand.
Of course that will never happen.

The same losers who boycotted Kaep and then came back will just do it again for a week.

(06-12-2020, 10:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 10:06 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Any groups overlap to fit any narrative.

Completely untrue statement - but whatever. 
It was too broad a generalization on my part, but the groups overlap deeply unfortunately.  Hell, I have extended family members that are boycotting and have also let their racism show at times. 
And I've seen dozens of posts in the past week on FB and Twitter from those opposing the NFL's stance that included racist content. I've unfriended several who have previously supported my business over it. 

I'd like to see what data the NFL collected on the matter before belatedly drawing their line in the sand.
Of course that will never happen.

You misread the whole Kap situation, that WAS their market research. The line is based on the outcome of that previous event.

(06-12-2020, 09:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-12-2020, 09:44 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Don't forget speech is violence. Silence is violence. The only non-violence is to parrot the message, even if you do it while committing violent acts.

"Your speech is violence, our violence is speech."

HOF nominee

(06-12-2020, 09:40 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

It's sad that you assume that people opposed to disrespecting the flag are racists, that's what is exactly what's wrong with this entire movement. You will be forced to care. I read somewhere else a minute ago that "Silence = Complicity", more nonsense. Silence can also be disagreement, opposition, or apathy.

True. It can also mean a person has no opinion they wish to share quite yet.

It's not an easy thing to watch a man die like that. It's shifted how I see some things. I need to figure that out for myself before I have a conversation with family and friends.