Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL apologizes for banning players protesting

(06-09-2020, 07:54 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 07:06 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think these people have some genuine grievances, and since there are so many of them, I have to believe there is a problem and they are trying to express themselves about that problem.  

But I see the media go into these crowds and ask some random protester, "What do you want?"  
And the protester answers, "WE WANT JUSTICE!"  
Well, I can't give them that.  I can't end prejudice, I can't end injustice, and I can't change the world so everyone is treated fairly.  

"What do you want?"
"END RACISM!"
I can't do that, either.  And I don't want to abolish the police department.  If someone breaks into my house, I don't want to call Social Services and have some counselor come and talk to the intruder.  I want someone to come shoot them full of bullets. 

I'm not the kind of person that likes to listen to an endless rant about something.  Don't just tell me over and over about your problems.  Tell me what action you propose to solve those problems, and then we will examine your proposed solution and decide whether we want to do that.  

Problem- solution- action plan- implementation- follow up.  I don't want to hear an endless lecture about how I'm terrible, we're all terrible, and on and on.  

To be clear, I do think "white privilege" is a real thing.  But don't just yell at me about it.  Tell me what you think should be done about it.  Give me some concrete steps we can take to make things better.  And I'm not saying I'm going to agree that we should do any of those things, because I haven't seen any proposal yet that isn't counter-productive.

We live in a democratic republic.  If people don't like the way things are, they should register and vote.

What do you mean "these people?"

White privilege is the exact reason we can't end racism. I don't think people realize how damaging a concept it has become.

I recognize that white privilege exists.  I've said that several times.  White people, in general, are better off, and better treated, than black people in this country and around the world.  That's not good.  

But I don't yet see any cure that isn't worse than the disease.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didn't make my point clear.

Assuming there is a "white" privilege (based exclusively off one's whiteness) that creates a disparity among peoples, there can only be two actions that rectify said disparity. Either destroy "white" privilege or elevate all persons in such a way that they too share "white" privilege. The problem is that people of color can never share in "white" privilege by it's definition, which eliminates one of those options. This creates division that can never by rectified. The new left has thrown "color blindness" out the window. I am sure most are not following the new trend of anti-racist vs. diverse, but it is a doubling down on identity. If identity is paramount, then we can never have a standard based largely on shared humanity. The language of the left promotes division, and that's not by accident.

People need to start waking up. I have always been open to liberalism, but that is not what the modern Democratic party is now advocating. I really wish people had a better understanding of government and the political spectrum, because the traditional American left right paradigm has shifted dramatically in the last 10 years.

(06-08-2020, 04:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 04:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It will be interesting to see who chooses not to do it and who does it just to not get nailed by the media and the cancel culture like Drew Brees did.

How can you tell the difference between a conformist and a true believer?

One goes into politics, and the other actually tries to make a difference.

(06-09-2020, 08:55 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 04:21 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: How can you tell the difference between a conformist and a true believer?

One goes into politics, and the other actually tries to make a difference.

So there's no True Believers in politics or no conformists?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-09-2020, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 08:55 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote: One goes into politics, and the other actually tries to make a difference.

So there's no True Believers in politics or no conformists?

I was mostly just being sarcastic, but in looking at the federal government, hard to get me to think anyone actually believes in anything and isn't just conforming for votes.

(06-09-2020, 08:59 AM)KingIngram052787 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: So there's no True Believers in politics or no conformists?

I was mostly just being sarcastic, but in looking at the federal government, hard to get me to think anyone actually believes in anything and isn't just conforming for votes.

It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first. - Reagan
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I say let the fans who are offended by the players kneeling leave. If they don't understand why the players are kneeling and they can't support their cause, then let them leave. I am tired of racists, in denial white people who refuse to recognize there is a real problem.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIM9bZmkezB9B4qD2qAtT...IGQHCZIPuA]

(06-09-2020, 08:53 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I didn't make my point clear.

Assuming there is a "white" privilege (based exclusively off one's whiteness) that creates a disparity among peoples, there can only be two actions that rectify said disparity. Either destroy "white" privilege or elevate all persons in such a way that they too share "white" privilege. The problem is that people of color can never share in "white" privilege by it's definition, which eliminates one of those options. This creates division that can never by rectified. The new left has thrown "color blindness" out the window. I am sure most are not following the new trend of anti-racist vs. diverse, but it is a doubling down on identity. If identity is paramount, then we can never have a standard based largely on shared humanity. The language of the left promotes division, and that's not by accident.

People need to start waking up. I have always been open to liberalism, but that is not what the modern Democratic party is now advocating. I really wish people had a better understanding of government and the political spectrum, because the traditional American left right paradigm has shifted dramatically in the last 10 years.

No, I think there are thousands of little ways to help, both affirmative and negative ways.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-09-2020, 09:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: I say let the fans who are offended by the players kneeling leave. If they don't understand why the players are kneeling and they can't support their cause, then let them leave. I am tired of racists, in denial white people who refuse to recognize there is a real problem.

I disagree with your sentiment that white people who just want to watch sports with no political undertones are automatically racist and does not imply they don't care about the cause.

(06-09-2020, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:

No, I think there are thousands of little ways to help, both affirmative and negative ways.

That's because you don't think about anything.

(06-09-2020, 01:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 09:36 AM)Dimson Wrote: I say let the fans who are offended by the players kneeling leave. If they don't understand why the players are kneeling and they can't support their cause, then let them leave. I am tired of racists, in denial white people who refuse to recognize there is a real problem.

I disagree with your sentiment that white people who just want to watch sports with no political undertones are automatically racist and does not imply they don't care about the cause.
Dude. Once the game starts, who cares? You’ll forget all about it.

Unless you’re a snowflake and can’t handle it.

(06-09-2020, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 01:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I disagree with your sentiment that white people who just want to watch sports with no political undertones are automatically racist and does not imply they don't care about the cause.
Dude. Once the game starts, who cares? You’ll forget all about it.

You literally just summed up the effectiveness of the protests without even realizing it. Once the game starts, you forget about it.

Thank you.

(06-09-2020, 01:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 01:10 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Dude. Once the game starts, who cares? You’ll forget all about it.

You literally just summed up the effectiveness of the protests without even realizing it. Once the game starts, you forget about it.

Thank you.

So why do conservatives cry so much about it

(06-09-2020, 01:28 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 01:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You literally just summed up the effectiveness of the protests without even realizing it. Once the game starts, you forget about it.

Thank you.

So why do conservatives cry so much about it

Just because their message is confusing and unclear doesn't mean I want to watch them attempt to deliver it.

(06-09-2020, 01:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: No, I think there are thousands of little ways to help, both affirmative and negative ways.

That's because you don't think about anything.

Oh.  You changed your name.  I didn't realize that was allowed. Any reason for the change?

(06-09-2020, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote:

55 years and 19 million lives.  Wheres my utopia?

(06-09-2020, 01:50 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 01:10 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: That's because you don't think about anything.

Oh.  You changed your name.  I didn't realize that was allowed. Any reason for the change?

This is what it used to be, but changed when the board transferred over. I wanted my old name back, and one of the admins was kind enough to oblige me.

(06-09-2020, 02:04 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: No, I think there are thousands of little ways to help, both affirmative and negative ways.

55 years and 19 million lives.  Wheres my utopia?

I agree abortion is bad, and I join you in saying that medical practices that provide or assist in elective abortion should never qualify for funds from any government insurance scheme, whether Medicare, Medicaid, or something else.
But that's a red herring and you know it.

(06-08-2020, 04:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 04:17 PM)JackCity Wrote: NFL is allowing protests at the anthem now

It will be interesting to see who chooses not to do it and who does it just to not get nailed by the media and the cancel culture like Drew Brees did.

[Image: ca8ba66ebf98cc069b4b65a7bf7ee442a7be01bd...=800&h=605]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-09-2020, 10:16 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 04:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: It will be interesting to see who chooses not to do it and who does it just to not get nailed by the media and the cancel culture like Drew Brees did.

[Image: ca8ba66ebf98cc069b4b65a7bf7ee442a7be01bd...=800&h=605]

Haha Babylon Bee is on point. Brees is a pansy.