Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP convention in Jacksonville is ‘tentatively’ a done deal

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...A74aevI7a0

Washington Post is fake news, but we shall see.

Good move for the city to bring in people who actually earn a paycheck to boost our local economy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-10-2020, 12:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020...A74aevI7a0

Washington Post is fake news, but we shall see.

Good move for the city to bring in people who actually earn a paycheck to boost our local economy.

New York Times is also reporting it.  I know, I know, more fake news, blah blah blah.  

But it looks like it's going to happen, and I hope it doesn't mean chaos, demonstrations, unbelievable strain on our police department, and a massive spread of Covid-19.  

I don't know what Jacksonville can get out of this other than trouble, but if it happens, it happens.

This is a bad move for Jacksonville. I hate to even say that, because any convention should be able to come here without the threat of violence and/or destruction.

You can't live in fear. That is what the terrorists want. That is how they win. Ron DeSantis isn't Cuomo. I am confident the city itself can handle it, although, I wish they would hold it somewhere other than downtown, as downtown is the most embarrassing cesspool I have ever seen.

(06-10-2020, 12:33 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: This is a bad move for Jacksonville. I hate to even say that, because any convention should be able to come here without the threat of violence and/or destruction.

Put some smiles on your faces.  Ron's got this!

Hey, it got the statues removed. It can’t be all bad.

(06-10-2020, 12:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You can't live in fear. That is what the terrorists want. That is how they win. Ron DeSantis isn't Cuomo. I am confident the city itself can handle it, although, I wish they would hold it somewhere other than downtown, as downtown is the most embarrassing cesspool I have ever seen.

Its a perfect plan to get the East and North sides of the stadium burned down so Shad can build something nice there.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-10-2020, 02:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 12:39 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You can't live in fear. That is what the terrorists want. That is how they win. Ron DeSantis isn't Cuomo. I am confident the city itself can handle it, although, I wish they would hold it somewhere other than downtown, as downtown is the most embarrassing cesspool I have ever seen.

Its a perfect plan to get the East and North sides of the stadium burned down so Shad can build something nice there.

Free demo! They should line up dumpsters. I'm sure ANTIFA is dumb enough to throw the rubble in there.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 02:33 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

As long as Michael comes, I'm OK with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_the_Black_Man

[Image: NB4DF3VT6MZUPM7TYO23DBCBLY.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 02:38 PM by p_rushing.)

(06-10-2020, 02:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Khan plan to move the team to London. Stadium gone, city doesn't want to pay for a new one and he doesn't want to spend his own money, so he moves the team. Someone watch his accounts to see if a transfer happens.

Kidding, but this could happen if the stadium is burned down.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 02:46 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I sure hope they stay away form the beach

[Image: Delegates18.jpg]

(06-10-2020, 02:37 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 02:06 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Its a perfect plan to get the East and North sides of the stadium burned down so Shad can build something nice there.

Khan plan to move the team to London. Stadium gone, city doesn't want to pay for a new one and he doesn't want to spend his own money, so he moves the team. Someone watch his accounts to see if a transfer happens.

Kidding, but this could happen if the stadium is burned down.

I have access to a few of Shad's banking apps and it appears that he recently sent a Venmo to Wembley National Stadium LTD in the amount of 1 billion euros.

lol rename the place Covidville

Trump knows he's taking out his own voters by having a convention, right?

(06-10-2020, 03:40 PM)TJBender Wrote: lol rename the place Covidville

Trump knows he's taking out his own voters by having a convention, right?

The riots should wash out the other side, so we're back at zero.

Good. I have a feeling this election will come down to who can be the most lowkey.

(06-10-2020, 08:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Good. I have a feeling this election will come down to who can be the most lowkey.

That's got to be good for Biden.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-10-2020, 09:13 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 08:43 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Good. I have a feeling this election will come down to who can be the most lowkey.

That's got to be good for Biden.

Biden has a record he has to explain and has to come out of the basement at some point. The Trump campaign has a ton of cash and will go on the offensive when the time is right. Still 4.5 months this to go, which is a lifetime. 

Not to mention the importance of the VP pick and also he will be pulled to the far left before it's all said and done. 

With the economy on the upswing and the lawless left going insane,  I like his chances.

(06-10-2020, 09:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 09:13 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: That's got to be good for Biden.

Biden has a record he has to explain and has to come out of the basement at some point. The Trump campaign has a ton of cash and will go on the offensive when the time is right. Still 4.5 months this to go, which is a lifetime. 

Not to mention the importance of the VP pick and also he will be pulled to the far left before it's all said and done. 

With the economy on the upswing and the lawless left going insane,  I like his chances.
Who are you voting for?

(06-10-2020, 09:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 09:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Biden has a record he has to explain and has to come out of the basement at some point. The Trump campaign has a ton of cash and will go on the offensive when the time is right. Still 4.5 months this to go, which is a lifetime. 

Who are you voting for?

Mitt Romney write in.

(This post was last modified: 06-10-2020, 09:55 PM by mikesez.)

(06-10-2020, 09:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-10-2020, 09:13 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: That's got to be good for Biden.

That's actually decent analysis.
Nice work.

I think you're correct that we're going to see each man launch new and surprising attacks on the opponent's record and past life events.  And Biden has plenty of stuff Trump can bring up that Biden would rather not discuss.

But I think all that effort isn't going to amount to much for either team, because people just don't watch TV and consume media the same way they did even 10 years ago. People are much more skilled at dodging advertisements that they don't want to see. You've got people tuned into media that's generally only going to give positive stories of Trump, other people tuned into media that's generally only going to give negative stories of Trump, and a way too small minority of people are tuned into news can go either way. The first group is going to vote for Trump no matter what, the second group is going to vote for Biden no matter what, and the third group might not even vote. 

Ultimately I think this election is just going to be a referendum on Trump.  He'll get a share of the national vote equal to his job approval rating plus maybe 5 points. Right now that's not enough to win. Trump's got to ingratiate himself to the public more to have a chance.  But like you said, he still has plenty of time.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.