Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
GOP convention in Jacksonville is ‘tentatively’ a done deal

(07-09-2020, 04:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of talk about moving this thing outdoor....

... in August

Oooofff

Good luck making that look good on TV , RNC stylists

Meh... I really couldn't care less about the Republican convention.  I'm looking forward more to the debates... assuming Biden comes out of his basement to debate.  That will be TV gold.
Good luck with that.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(07-09-2020, 04:30 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 03:50 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Lots of talk about moving this thing outdoor....

... in August

Oooofff

Good luck making that look good on TV , RNC stylists

Meh... I really couldn't care less about the Republican convention.  I'm looking forward more to the debates... assuming Biden comes out of his basement to debate.  That will be TV gold.

There was a good segment on Tucker last night with Dana Perino talking about the possibility of Biden not debating and the question was asked, would Americans truly vote for someone who avoids a presidential debate and has laid out absolutely zero policy ideas? The race is going to tighten up and I can't see Joe avoiding a debate, which is going to be absolutely devastating to his campaign when he steps on that stage.

Joe is going to step down after the nomination. It's my conspiracy I'm willing to throw out there early.

(07-09-2020, 05:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Joe is going to step down after the nomination. It's my conspiracy I'm willing to throw out there early.

If you're going to do it, at least do it right. Like...

Joe is going to pick a black female running mate, win in November and resign in January. Oh noes, we can't have that. Donald forever!!!

Joe Biden is going to stroke out right after the Convention, he's a walking time bomb of cognitive decline. I'm afraid the stress is more than he could bear.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-09-2020, 08:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Joe Biden is going to stroke out right after the Convention, he's a walking time bomb of cognitive decline. I'm afraid the stress is more than he could bear.

I've now heard this for the 1/100th time, infantroopen.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 07:49 AM by The Real Marty.)

(07-09-2020, 08:25 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Joe Biden is going to stroke out right after the Convention, he's a walking time bomb of cognitive decline. I'm afraid the stress is more than he could bear.

I think the walking time bomb is Donald Trump.  He's way overweight, he eats fast foods, and he seems extremely stressed out and angry all the time.  And he's not much younger than Joe Biden.

(07-09-2020, 05:38 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Joe is going to step down after the nomination. It's my conspiracy I'm willing to throw out there early.

No, Joe is running to get rid of Trump.  He will stay at least through the election.  What happens after that is anybody's guess.  But once he gets elected, he's done his number one job.

(This post was last modified: 07-10-2020, 08:33 AM by homebiscuit.)

Are dem voters beginning to openly acknowledge that the person they are voting for will not serve as president if elected? If so, what precedence does this establish? Sounds worrisome to me.

Edit.

(07-10-2020, 08:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Are dem voters beginning to openly acknowledge that the person they are voting for will not serve as president? If so, what precedence does this establish? Sounds worrisome to me.

If I had to bet, I'd say he will serve one term and then step aside.

(07-10-2020, 08:34 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:21 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Are dem voters beginning to openly acknowledge that the person they are voting for will not serve as president? If so, what precedence does this establish? Sounds worrisome to me.

If I had to bet, I'd say he will serve one term and then step aside.

He won’t make it that long. His declining acuity is discernible.

Yeah, seriously don't believe he'll even make it to the primary.

(07-10-2020, 08:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, seriously don't believe he'll even make it to the primary.

Primaries are over.

(07-10-2020, 08:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:38 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Yeah, seriously don't believe he'll even make it to the primary.

Primaries are over.

I'm sure he meant convention, or whatever the democrats are calling it these days.

(07-10-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:50 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Primaries are over.

I'm sure he meant convention, or whatever the democrats are calling it these days.

Lucky2Last’s acuity is declining.  Big Grin

(07-09-2020, 09:02 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:

I've now heard this for the 1/100th time, infantroopen.

You really should work on your use of fractions.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(07-10-2020, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 09:02 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: I've now heard this for the 1/100th time, infantroopen.

You really should work on your use of fractions.

He's satirizing Trump.  Trump used the same fraction.  

Trump's tweet:

"For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!"

(07-10-2020, 02:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You really should work on your use of fractions.

Trump's tweet:

"For the 1/100th time, the reason we show so many Cases, compared to other countries that haven’t done nearly as well as we have, is that our TESTING is much bigger and better. We have tested 40,000,000 people. If we did 20,000,000 instead, Cases would be half, etc. NOT REPORTED!"

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation! Maybe you have some insight into his odd usage of vaguely Nazi-like language as well?

(07-10-2020, 02:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 12:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You really should work on your use of fractions.

Trump's tweet:

No wonder Trump is so wealthy. He's living rent free in so many places.

(07-10-2020, 03:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 02:20 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: He's satirizing Trump.  Trump used the same fraction.  

Trump's tweet:

Ah, I see. Thanks for the explanation! Maybe you have some insight into his odd usage of vaguely Nazi-like language as well?

Infantroopen is a word invented by Trump.  He introduced Mark Esper and said he had been awarded the "Combat Infantroopen Badge."

(07-10-2020, 09:42 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(07-10-2020, 08:55 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm sure he meant convention, or whatever the democrats are calling it these days.

Lucky2Last’s acuity is declining.  Big Grin

Ha! I meant general election. I'm glad I'm not recorded all the time. I have a terrible time with jargon because my mouth moves faster than my brain.