Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Seattle has fallen.....

No big surprise that business is leaving the Seattle area.  Not just larger firms, but also small businesses that were broken into and destroyed.

Quote:Meanwhile, area business owners and residents had been frustrated by the lack of police protection.

"I keep trying to wrap my heads around the fact that we have no protection, and I've pretty much come to terms that we have no protection here," auto shop co-owner John McDermott told KOMO News after the shootings.

McDermott said his business, Car Tender, was broken into and no officers responded earlier in June.

I think it's time to put a stop to this nonsense by any means necessary.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-23-2020, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(06-23-2020, 08:06 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: It's not that they don't report on it, it's the level of attention given to it. When I grew up, journalists and their teams went out to find news worthy stories and break information to the public. Once the story was broken, other news agencies would pick it up and bring on politically diverse panels to talk about it. Now, the guys on TV, by and large, are given their talking points by their producers and the panels are hand picked to reflect the opinion they want given to the public. When I complain it's not being covered, I am saying it's not getting the attention it deserves. So, I understand what you are saying, but it's not really addressing my point.

To be fair, this goes both ways. We have a 24 hour news cycle with the MSM and Fox News that has become more obsessed with catering to it's base (for profit) than addressing truth. Even the new upstart news networks tailor heavily to one side or the other.

I agree with you that how much attention this "Chop Zone" deserves is a matter of opinion.  The right wing media wants to give it a lot of attention so they can sell the idea that if Trump loses the election, this will happen everywhere.  Does it really deserve that level of attention?  It depends on what you think it all means.  And that is subjective.   

Foxnews.com leads today with SIX stories about it.  Fox News even posted fake pictures of things burning and people carrying around weapons.  That makes Foxnews' agenda very transparent.  They want to make you afraid.  They want to make you think that electing Joe Biden will mean that the crazies will take over the country.  

So, obviously, if the Chop Zone is a portent of things to come IT DESERVES A LOT OF ATTENTION!!!  But if you think this is just a weird Seattle thing, a local issue, and it will inevitably collapse of its own accord, then you're not that concerned about it.  And as far as a shooting happening there, shootings happen all the time.

To me, it's just an interesting little American story that doesn't mean much for anyone outside of Seattle.  Some day, PBS will do an "American Experience" documentary on it.  It'll be something like "The Rise and Fall of the Seattle Chop Zone," and people will vaguely remember that there was such a thing and tune in for some nostalgia and history.  

People act like this is some threat to Western civilization (SEATTLE HAS FALLEN!!!), but it's not.  It's just a weird little thing that's happening in Seattle, where weird things like this tend to happen.

First off, there are a lot more likely cities than Seattle for something like this to happen. Seattle is not as extreme as most Democrat strongholds.

Secondly, this is not just a few radicals. 61% of college student Democrats support looting and rioting.

Link

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

So are all the militias in Montana preparing to take over a city?

No?

Darn.. I thought they were the evil ones.

(06-23-2020, 08:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I agree with you that how much attention this "Chop Zone" deserves is a matter of opinion.  The right wing media wants to give it a lot of attention so they can sell the idea that if Trump loses the election, this will happen everywhere.  Does it really deserve that level of attention?  It depends on what you think it all means.  And that is subjective.   

Foxnews.com leads today with SIX stories about it.  Fox News even posted fake pictures of things burning and people carrying around weapons.  That makes Foxnews' agenda very transparent.  They want to make you afraid.  They want to make you think that electing Joe Biden will mean that the crazies will take over the country.  

So, obviously, if the Chop Zone is a portent of things to come IT DESERVES A LOT OF ATTENTION!!!  But if you think this is just a weird Seattle thing, a local issue, and it will inevitably collapse of its own accord, then you're not that concerned about it.  And as far as a shooting happening there, shootings happen all the time.

To me, it's just an interesting little American story that doesn't mean much for anyone outside of Seattle
.  Some day, PBS will do an "American Experience" documentary on it.  It'll be something like "The Rise and Fall of the Seattle Chop Zone," and people will vaguely remember that there was such a thing and tune in for some nostalgia and history.  

People act like this is some threat to Western civilization (SEATTLE HAS FALLEN!!!), but it's not.  It's just a weird little thing that's happening in Seattle, where weird things like this tend to happen.

I suspect you would not be so indifferent if it was happening in your neighborhood.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

There goes Madison.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TimCarpenterM...7007328258

Should probably have thrown a few haymakers and broken some glass jaws.

(06-24-2020, 01:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Should probably have thrown a few haymakers and broken some glass jaws.

He's a lefty politician, they are eating their own.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-24-2020, 01:52 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-24-2020, 01:40 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Should probably have thrown a few haymakers and broken some glass jaws.

He's a lefty politician, they are eating their own.

Ahh, then he never had a chance. Funny stuff.

I can’t believe he allowed that fat cow to grab his phone. I would have raaan.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-p...orge-floyd

Homeless encampments already showing up in police-less cities.

(06-25-2020, 03:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-p...orge-floyd

Next time you are in Hawaii, California or Washington State check out the homeless encampments prevalent in the bigger cities.  Just watch your step.  Lots of human "waste" and needles on the sidewalks (or on the beaches in Hawaii).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-25-2020, 04:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 03:06 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-p...orge-floyd

Next time you are in Hawaii, California or Washington State check out the homeless encampments prevalent in the bigger cities.  Just watch your step.  Lots of human "waste" and needles on the sidewalks (or on the beaches in Hawaii).

Same scenario in DC around all the federal buildings.

You can't fix stupid.

"Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.
“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”"

(06-25-2020, 04:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 04:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Next time you are in Hawaii, California or Washington State check out the homeless encampments prevalent in the bigger cities.  Just watch your step.  Lots of human "waste" and needles on the sidewalks (or on the beaches in Hawaii).

Same scenario in DC around all the federal buildings.

Not to mention within the federal buildings.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-25-2020, 04:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

You can't fix stupid.

"Another resident, Mitchell Erickson, said he regretted calling 911 when two black teenagers cornered him a block away from his home, held a gun to his chest and demanded his car keys. Erickson said he mistakenly handed over his house keys, and the frustrated teens left him only to steal another car a few blocks away.
“Been thinking more about it,” Erickson said in a text message to a reporter. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”"

Can you imagine the children of a guy like that? They don't even stand a fighting chance in this world.

(06-25-2020, 04:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 04:35 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Same scenario in DC around all the federal buildings.

Not to mention within the federal buildings.

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk.

You can't fix stupid.

They are going to rob that man of his lunch money daily. He should probably setup their bank account to direct deposit his check in. Save a lot of hassle.

(06-25-2020, 04:28 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

In fairness, LA is like that every day.

You can't fix stupid.

Dude's an idiot. If someone's just robbed you and you don't have any means of handling it yourself, you call the cops. Anyone pointing a gun at your chest has earned the opportunity to be placed at risk of death.

You can't fix stupid.

Man, don't insult stupid people like that.

Black Lives Matter...

White BLM activist assaults black man for tearing down Black Lives Matter signs. Woke. https://t.co/8IyRo5qR9e