Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Got an early Father's Day gift

New piece for out on my property.  It's the ultimate "anti-snake" and "anti-trespasser" defense tool (at least in my opinion).

I have been wanting to get the Smith & Wesson Governor for a while now.  My wife and kids all got together and bought me a gift certificate in order to purchase this piece.  The only slight problem is the ability/availability to purchase ammo for it, but I managed to get some.

Able to chamber and shoot .410 shotgun, 45 Colt Long and .45 ACP.

[Image: Smith-and-Wesson-Governor-Silver-Edition....jpg_1.jpg]

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Nice..... I hope you have fun with shooting this hand gun
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

Nice!

Oddly enough, that was my dads retirement gift from his department.

Got one! Love it!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

You're gonna blow a finger, or leg off. Hopefully they got you a life alert bracelet, too ... If they didn't, check to make sure they didn't up your life insurance policy. Happy Fathers Day ... "Boom"

Dang that's a pretty piece.

That's a nice pistol. I'm a little envious.

Tried it out this past weekend.  It did a number on a few targets and was a pleasure to shoot.  This will be my "carry" piece while I'm on the tractor or out cutting down trees on the property.  000 buck shot appeared to be the best "home defense" round (as far as .410 shotgun rounds go) and #6 shot gave the best pattern for snakes from around 5-10 yards.

This is by no means a good concealed carry weapon as it is pretty bulky, especially for my small/skinny frame.  However, out on my property I don't really need to conceal it.  For concealed carry I have other options.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-15-2020, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This will be my "carry" piece while I'm on the tractor or out cutting down trees on the property.  

Where the heck do you live to feel a need to carry a gun while riding a tractor or cutting down trees on your own property?  Is this property in El Salvador or Somalia?

(06-15-2020, 06:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This will be my "carry" piece while I'm on the tractor or out cutting down trees on the property.  

Where the heck do you live to feel a need to carry a gun while riding a tractor or cutting down trees on your own property?  Is this property in El Salvador or Somalia?

Snakes.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

I want a revolver it’ll be my next purchase for sure
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I don't live there... yet.  My wife and I have 35 acres of "raw" property in Melrose, Fl. (near Keystone Heights) which is very wooded.  So far I have seen bobcats, coyotes and several species of snakes both while riding one of my tractors or walking the property.  I'm not so much worried about trespassers except during hunting season, but keep in mind the area is very rural and I do have a lot of expensive tools and equipment that I keep there.

(06-16-2020, 02:17 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Where the heck do you live to feel a need to carry a gun while riding a tractor or cutting down trees on your own property?  Is this property in El Salvador or Somalia?

I don't live there... yet.  My wife and I have 35 acres of "raw" property in Melrose, Fl. (near Keystone Heights) which is very wooded.  So far I have seen bobcats, coyotes and several species of snakes both while riding one of my tractors or walking the property.  I'm not so much worried about trespassers except during hunting season, but keep in mind the area is very rural and I do have a lot of expensive tools and equipment that I keep there.

Keystone and Mogadishu aren't really all that different.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Common practice for pest animals.

(06-17-2020, 02:12 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Where the heck do you live to feel a need to carry a gun while riding a tractor or cutting down trees on your own property?  Is this property in El Salvador or Somalia?

Common practice for pest animals.

Why City People and Country People just don't see eye to eye, it's a completely different life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-17-2020, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 02:12 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Common practice for pest animals.

Why City People and Country People just don't see eye to eye, it's a completely different life.

True, though I've never seen a critter big enough to scare anyone on a tractor. Even walking around they tend to keep away, including snakes.

But it seems like gun lovers want to be packing, just in case.
- Bob Marley

(06-17-2020, 05:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why City People and Country People just don't see eye to eye, it's a completely different life.

True, though I've never seen a critter big enough to scare anyone on a tractor. Even walking around they tend to keep away, including snakes.

Poisonous snakes don’t typically “run” away.  They may slowly leave.  I do lawn maintenance.  I’ve had my deck of my mower struck on numerous occasions.   I’ve even had a rattler that apparently just ate and wouldn’t move even after nudging it with the from caster.  Moccasins don’t seem to want to move either.  So, I say, shoot the little bastards.

(06-17-2020, 07:43 PM)Jags Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 05:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: True, though I've never seen a critter big enough to scare anyone on a tractor. Even walking around they tend to keep away, including snakes.

Poisonous snakes don’t typically “run” away.  They may slowly leave.  I do lawn maintenance.  I’ve had my deck of my mower struck on numerous occasions.   I’ve even had a rattler that apparently just ate and wouldn’t move even after nudging it with the from caster.  Moccasins don’t seem to want to move either.  So, I say, shoot the little bastards.

I haven't "walked" around my property in decades, but folks here that hike in the woods typically just carry a long stick. Stir up the ground in front of you if it looks suspicious, they either scatter or you know to move around. I have no issue with shooting them, especially around residences, but it's seldom necessary. Did you feel threatened perched up on your Z-turn?
- Bob Marley

(06-17-2020, 10:07 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Why City People and Country People just don't see eye to eye, it's a completely different life.

We do.  Is that a problem?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I don't carry one myself but it's more of an economic thing for farmers with micro irrigation. Water is an increasingly precious resource out here.