Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Hey guys

Probably me being all motherly and stuff. But I haven't seen SnowWolfie ... That Mega Jaguars fan. Mega of the Mega of the Mega Jaguars Fan. Surely you know the one I am looking for. In a time of Covid you sometimes notice a missing puzzle piece.  I am probably going to be shown as an idiot, and he posted 100 times in the past week. Just didn't see him, and I wanted to see him here.

Signed ... Big Softie (Looking for Snowie)

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-12-2020, 09:29 PM)Sammy Wrote: Probably me being all motherly and stuff. But I haven't seen SnowWolfie ... That Mega Jaguars fan. Mega of the Mega of the Mega Jaguars Fan. Surely you know the one I am looking for. In a time of Covid you sometimes notice a missing puzzle piece.  I am probably going to be shown as an idiot, and he posted 100 times in the past week. Just didn't see him, and I wanted to see him here.

Perhaps he’s currently participating in the Iditarod?

(06-12-2020, 09:29 PM)Sammy Wrote: Probably me being all motherly and stuff. But I haven't seen SnowWolfie ... That Mega Jaguars fan. Mega of the Mega of the Mega Jaguars Fan. Surely you know the one I am looking for. In a time of Covid you sometimes notice a missing puzzle piece.  I am probably going to be shown as an idiot, and he posted 100 times in the past week. Just didn't see him, and I wanted to see him here.

He was on this morning according to his “last visit” on his profile page.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

He’s in Seattle raising hell.

Haha.

He's around, Sammy. Social distancing and game attendance is the current obsession/conundrum for him.
Check the league forum.

(06-13-2020, 08:23 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: He’s in Seattle raising hell.

That would be interesting.

Glad to hear he is still around, and posting. Always certain poster I expect to see whenever I stop in to read a bit.

Side note ... Does anyone here know a person that has caught the Kung Flu? I don't think I know a person that knows a person.

(06-14-2020, 08:29 AM)Sammy Wrote: Glad to hear he is still around, and posting. Always certain poster I expect to see whenever I stop in to read a bit.

Side note ... Does anyone here know a person that has caught the Kung Flu?  I don't think I know a person that knows a person.

I have a friend in NYC whose mother died from the virus - she was 72 and had no underlying conditions.
 I have a friend in South FL who has lost both of her parents to the virus. (mid seventies, both) 
  And I have a relative working in a local (Jacksonville) hospital who updates me of how many positive cases (admitted) they have each week.  They have 3 right now and have quarantined 4 employees who have tested positive. That hospital has seen a half dozen deaths from the virus - one of whom was a work colleague of several of my friends.

(06-14-2020, 08:29 AM)Sammy Wrote: Glad to hear he is still around, and posting. Always certain poster I expect to see whenever I stop in to read a bit.

Side note ... Does anyone here know a person that has caught the Kung Flu?  I don't think I know a person that knows a person.

A very good friend of mine had to bury his mom, and had to do so without a funeral.  She was older and sick with other stuff, but that didn't really help make him feel any better.  Their last conversations had to be by skype through a ventilator.  And of course, famous Jag Tony Boselli caught it and had a hell of a time with it.

By the way, we had to put out an APB on you a few years back when you disappeared for a bit.  I'm sure Snowy/Wolfie appreciates your concern.  Always great to see both of you posting.

Wolfie is the man.

(06-14-2020, 08:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

I have a friend in NYC whose mother died from the virus - she was 72 and had no underlying conditions.
 I have a friend in South FL who has lost both of her parents to the virus. (mid seventies, both) 
  And I have a relative working in a local (Jacksonville) hospital who updates me of how many positive cases (admitted) they have each week.  They have 3 right now and have quarantined 4 employees who have tested positive. That hospital has seen a half dozen deaths from the virus - one of whom was a work colleague of several of my friends.

I have to admit, I have became a bit nonchalant about it since having zero up close (or even distant) victims that I know. I don't know if that is because of the level of protective measures, or just dumb luck. I really hope the rumors that it is weakening as it mutates through each new level of infection is true. Like each new victim receives a lesser strength, as the previous host immune system did weaken the strain just a little bit. That last statement is the very short version of my readings, so I can't just point to one article, or link.

Had you told me in December we would close the country down, and everyone would be wearing mask ... Oh and the Olympics would be canceled, AND Biden will be the next POTUS, I would think you were on drugs. Like me.

Pretty much breaks my heart how this year has been. My older sister (with health issues) hasn't been off her small property in months. She is scared to death, and it causes her more stress than it probably should. She doesn't do stress well.

(06-14-2020, 10:22 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote:

A very good friend of mine had to bury his mom, and had to do so without a funeral.  She was older and sick with other stuff, but that didn't really help make him feel any better.  Their last conversations had to be by skype through a ventilator.  And of course, famous Jag Tony Boselli caught it and had a hell of a time with it.

By the way, we had to put out an APB on you a few years back when you disappeared for a bit.  I'm sure Snowy/Wolfie appreciates your concern.  Always great to see both of you posting.

That is horrible, I feel really bad for your friend. I have been pretty lucky, but I do recognize that so many others have not been. 2020 has been a horrible year for so many, a year we will never forget, and we are only halfway through. Even though Covid-19 is probably the biggest story of 2020, it is closely rivaled by the George Floyd murder.

Always good to hear from you Any2112 ... I'm not sure why you like me, but we could be really great friends if you divorce the Jaguars, and Marry the Colts. Smile

(06-14-2020, 02:56 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: Wolfie is the man.

He is, I could never not appreciate a guy with his loyalty. Rivals any other hard core Jaguars fan. The Jaguars are lucky to have his enthusiastic fandom. Need more like him.

Hate it and do not use that word lightly and try to use it very rarely but feel for those that can't bury their loved ones. George Floyd got that funeral there in three states. But nobody can bury their loved ones that are just typical Americans or people of the world. Let that sink on in.
Ready for April Showers, Easter, Spring Fever!

(06-14-2020, 07:41 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Hate it and do not use that word lightly and try to use it very rarely but feel for those that can't bury their loved ones. George Floyd got that funeral there in three states. But nobody can bury their loved ones that are just typical Americans or people of the world. Let that sink on in.

I don't disagree, but don't make this political. It's a friend check up on a friend. That simple.

I suspect my wife and I had it late February, right before it became a big deal. At the time it seemed improbable, but in retrospect it seems likely. It started on a Sunday evening with a mild fever and cough. Monday and Tuesday I was completely wiped out. Then I started feeling much better. Whatever it was, it was like nothing I've ever had before and exactly like the descripton of COVID-19 that I would later learn about. I suspect this thing had been here long before it was known.

Yes, my step-mom (73, an ex-nurse although she's retired) tested positive. She was quarantined for two weeks, the symptoms were relatively minor and she's recovered.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(06-14-2020, 06:10 PM)Sammy Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 08:55 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I have a friend in NYC whose mother died from the virus - she was 72 and had no underlying conditions.

I have to admit, I have became a bit nonchalant about it since having zero up close (or even distant) victims that I know. I don't know if that is because of the level of protective measures, or just dumb luck. I really hope the rumors that it is weakening as it mutates through each new level of infection is true. Like each new victim receives a lesser strength, as the previous host immune system did weaken the strain just a little bit. That last statement is the very short version of my readings, so I can't just point to one article, or link.

Had you told me in December we would close the country down, and everyone would be wearing mask ... Oh and the Olympics would be canceled, AND Biden will be the next POTUS, I would think you were on drugs. Like me.

Pretty much breaks my heart how this year has been. My older sister (with health issues) hasn't been off her small property in months. She is scared to death, and it causes her more stress than it probably should. She doesn't do stress well.

I've seen the bolded happen to a number of friends/relatives who are scared due to an auto-immune condition or maybe even a degree of overprotective parenting to their children.  They've cut themselves off from contact with family and friends to an extreme degree  - and I occasionally worry about how they're holding up on the stress/mental-health side.

First regarding snowie, from what I can tell he is doing just fine, and I wish him well.  He has been a long time poster and a die-hard Jaguars fan.

Second Sammy, you are a long time and well respected poster on this board and we appreciate you being here... even though you root for the wrong team.   Wink

Regarding COVID and how it has impacted me and those close to me.  I first thought that I might have had it when it first broke out (had a mild fever and a cough).  I don't know if I had it or not and have never been tested.  As of now I am not afraid to get it since I am reasonably healthy and feel that I can beat it.  I am normally kind of an "introvert" and don't go to public places unless I have to.

As far as family or close friends, I don't know anyone that has had it or succumbed to it.  I do know that my parents are very afraid of it and have gone to extreme measures (rarely go out anywhere, keep distance from any family members).  They are both into their 80's and have other health conditions.  It is very difficult because our culture and the way that we were brought up, you always greeted and bid "farewell" to people close to you with a hug and sometimes kisses.  My parents are also very devout to their faith and haven't been able to practice it in the traditional means (they "attend" services virtually).

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.