Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quaker Foods to Rename ‘Aunt Jemima’

This is kind of hilarious, you have 2 brands that have had black mascots for over a hundred years and both of them have to gotten rid of for ‘progress.’ So now neither of these brands will feature black mascots? It’s weird, cause I always considered aunt Jemima a story of excellence overcoming bias. I guess not.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

#racismsolved

(06-17-2020, 03:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My diety, the [BLEEP] company has a logo that conscripts a white religious fanatic for corporate profit.

Why aren't we [BLEEP] rioting yet? THIS CAN NOT STAND!!!!!!

The Quakers came to PA of their own free will, to escape persecution, and did very well for themselves. They mostly didn't keep slaves. Their relations with the natives were much more friendly than other Europeans'.

The face on that box should be positive nostalgia for them without meaning anything bad for anyone else.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(06-18-2020, 06:02 AM)jj82284 Wrote: #racismsolved

Let's celebrate with a pancake dinner!

(06-18-2020, 07:12 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 03:14 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: My diety, the [BLEEP] company has a logo that conscripts a white religious fanatic for corporate profit.

The Quakers came to PA of their own free will, to escape persecution, and did very well for themselves. They mostly didn't keep slaves. Their relations with the natives were much more friendly than other Europeans'.

The face on that box should be positive nostalgia for them without meaning anything bad for anyone else.

Like Nancy Green's success you mean?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-18-2020, 10:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 07:12 AM)mikesez Wrote: The Quakers came to PA of their own free will, to escape persecution, and did very well for themselves. They mostly didn't keep slaves. Their relations with the natives were much more friendly than other Europeans'.

Like Nancy Green's success you mean?

Sure. But Nancy Green didn't cook for her nephews or nieces.  She was employed as a cook by "the Walker family of Chicago" according to wikipedia, before she was recruited by the inventors of the instant pancake mix.  The Walkers might have called her "Aunt Nancy" but that doesn't mean we get to.  And they definitely didn't call her "Aunt Jemima."
Like I said, if you want to honor a real person, then call her by her real name.  I'd buy Ms. Nancy's syrup.

(06-18-2020, 11:45 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:35 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Like Nancy Green's success you mean?

Sure. But Nancy Green didn't cook for her nephews or nieces.  She was employed as a cook by "the Walker family of Chicago" according to wikipedia, before she was recruited by the inventors of the instant pancake mix.  The Walkers might have called her "Aunt Nancy" but that doesn't mean we get to.  And they definitely didn't call her "Aunt Jemima."
Like I said, if you want to honor a real person, then call her by her real name.  I'd buy Ms. Nancy's syrup.

Oh you...
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Shouldn't your reasoning apply equally to a statue? 

[Image: Jax-andrew-jackson-statue.jpg]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Essentially what you are saying is that anything offensive to anybody should be removed? Does the threshold for "offensive" begin and end with perceived racism issues?

[Image: JEMIMAHILLARY-600x381.jpg]

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Bring back the like button.

(06-18-2020, 02:33 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [Image: JEMIMAHILLARY-600x381.jpg]

I'm using this.

Pretty funny, especially considering all the investigations of Hillary Clinton came up with nothing.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 06-18-2020, 07:48 PM by Sammy.)

When it comes to Hillary Clinton, we all know about her Wilt Chamberlain experience ... Right?

(06-18-2020, 12:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 07:12 AM)mikesez Wrote: The Quakers came to PA of their own free will, to escape persecution, and did very well for themselves. They mostly didn't keep slaves. Their relations with the natives were much more friendly than other Europeans'.

Shouldn't your reasoning apply equally to a statue? 

Andrew Jackson is obviously a mixed bag.
He eliminated the national debt. He used the army to enforce tariffs in South Carolina, preserving the union for another generation. He won a decisive victory for this country against the British in New Orleans by making good tactical decisions.
Of course everything he did to the native Americans is regrettable or atrocious. But everything he did to the native Americans was either approved by Congress, or superior officers, or both. There were plenty of people who wished to share land with the natives and try to make peace. They just didn't win elections in those years.
And the way we remember him is also a mixed bag.
Our state has Jacksonville, yes, but it also has Osceola County.

All of history is a mixed bag. Thanks for showing up to the party.

(06-18-2020, 08:08 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 12:44 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Shouldn't your reasoning apply equally to a statue? 

Andrew Jackson is obviously a mixed bag.
He eliminated the national debt. He used the army to enforce tariffs in South Carolina, preserving the union for another generation. He won a decisive victory for this country against the British in New Orleans by making good tactical decisions.
Of course everything he did to the native Americans is regrettable or atrocious. But everything he did to the native Americans was either approved by Congress, or superior officers, or both. There were plenty of people who wished to share land with the natives and try to make peace. They just didn't win elections in those years.

So Andrew Jackson is a "mixed bag" but Robert E. Lee was evil correct?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 08:30 AM by mikesez.)

(06-19-2020, 04:56 AM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 08:08 PM)mikesez Wrote: Andrew Jackson is obviously a mixed bag.

So Andrew Jackson is a "mixed bag" but Robert E. Lee was evil correct?

In my opinion, yes.
Even Lee's valiant service in the war with Mexico was meant to gain new territory for slaveholders.
Can you name something good the man did that wasn't an effort to preserve or expand slavery?

I dunno... everything he did after the Civil War?

(06-19-2020, 07:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: I dunno... everything he did after the Civil War?

C'mon man, why do you even respond to his obvious trolling?